The Herbert Chapman Trophy

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Nos89

The Herbert Chapman Trophy

Post by Nos89 »

With our league match against Huddersfield coming up soon, I was wondering will we still contest for the Herbert Chapman Trophy?
I'd like to think it will still be played for like the Calcutta Cup is played for during the Rugby Union 6 nations

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Re: The Herbert Chapman Trophy

Post by StuartL »

Nos89 wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:19 am
With our league match against Huddersfield coming up soon, I was wondering will we still contest for the Herbert Chapman Trophy?
I'd like to think it will still be played for like the Calcutta Cup is played for during the Rugby Union 6 nations
We should make a replica of the Chapman bust and play for that any time we meet Huddersfield in a competitive match to honour the great mans influence on both clubs.

Leyton Gooner
Location: Lokomotiv Plovdiv in the Channel 5 Thursday night cup

Post by Leyton Gooner »

I hope so, would be lost on most of our match going fans mind you.

markyp

Post by markyp »

Leyton Gooner wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:30 am
I hope so, would be lost on most of our match going fans mind you.
exactly,most of them think Arsenal didn't exist until 1996

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

I can see it now...

Arsenal 2017-18 Double Winners DVD

Re-live the historic double as Arsenal clinch the Charity Shield and Herbert Chapman Trophy! Complete with 4 hour bonus footage of chapman's bust being remodelled into the mould of le professor! Just £20.99 from the Armoury :barscarf: :barscarf:

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:16 am
Chapman's legacy was a decade of dominance by Arsenal.

Wenger's legacy will be a decade of mid table mediocrity.
:roll:
Just when you thought you were safe from the "W" along comes Gunner Rob to bring the thread into disrepute!... :cussing: :wink:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

I hope not. Fucking traditions! Pah! :roll:

I'm so glad we have Mr Knows as manager. He got rid of that old crest, that old stadium, that old tradition of the club blazer and slacks, that old tradition of the captain choosing the match day sleeve length, and indeed that old tradition of there being a captain worth half a damn. Fuck all that old "football" shit. Give me plastic shiney new soccer everyday of the fucking week you ungrateful bastards. Thank you Mr Knows. Thank you. :censored:

Clash

Post by Clash »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:29 am
I hope not. Fucking traditions! Pah! :roll:

I'm so glad we have Mr Knows as manager. He got rid of that old crest, that old stadium, that old tradition of the club blazer and slacks, that old tradition of the captain choosing the match day sleeve length, and indeed that old tradition of there being a captain worth half a damn. Fuck all that old "football" shit. Give me plastic shiney new soccer everyday of the fucking week you ungrateful bastards. Thank you Mr Knows. Thank you. :censored:
:D

Soccer today should simply refuse to acknowledge its poor relation from the past called football. Mentioning the likes of Herbert Chapman is just not helpful to the current brand. Bring back the Herbert Chapman trophy and people might start asking awkward questions like ''who's that?''

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

Some of the AKB'S , (who had never heard of Herbert Chapaman, pre kick off), would be using the trophy as another, to add to Wenger's list of honours :suicide:

supergeorgegraham

Post by supergeorgegraham »

I went to the Chapman friendly at Huddersfield a few years ago. I thought they had a decent stadium for a lower league club. I also remember how many stunning Arsenal babes there was there.
Yeah it was a good day out.