Jens Lehmann autobiography offer

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Re: Jens Lehmann autobiography offer

Post by DB10GOONER »

rodders999 wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:18 pm
Also that stupid fucking penalty he gave away late on for a stamp at the swamp the day we won the league in 04.

Fucking idiot and agree with DB10 cost us at least one CL along the way too. Fuck him :twisted:
Even then in one of our greatest moments in 04, he had to fucking jeopardise it by being that thick selfish cúnt always wanting to be the centre of attention. :x :censored:

herbert

Post by herbert »

:roll: If any of you met him you would go weak at the knees and only congratulate him on being part of the invincibles
more misery on another Arsenal legend :banghead: :)

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/201 ... rt-in2008/

I think him and Gilberto were spot on about Gallas :banghead:
But i think he was a bit harsh on Almunia :box: :shock: :)

Clash

Post by Clash »

To be fair to Lehmann, replacing Seamen was not easy and only a strong character could have done it. Obviously a larger part of his character was that he was a nutter ... and with that you get rash moments like the ones mentioned. He still helped us go unbeaten in his first season though.

And while he sort of spoiled the WHL 04 thing a bit with his antics ... it did give us the comedy moment of Spurs fans celebrating because they thought the draw had stopped us winning the title at their shithole ... only for that to be totally and utterly wrong .... meaning our boys were out there dancing around on their pitch for ages with our fans, celebrating winning a title there for the second time in our history :barscarf:

The 2004 CL criticism is fully justified. But while I understand the slating he gets for the 2006 CL final ... if it wasnt for Lehmann we might not have got there in the first place. I remember that he made a fucking outstanding save again R Madrid at Highbury in the 2nd leg that stopped them levelling things. And of course he saved Villarreal's last minute penalty in the semi final 2nd leg that took us to Paris after what was an abysmal team performance.

I know its a cliche but the problem for keepers is that mistakes get remembered more than the saves. Seamen was the hero in the 1995 CWC semi, then made a brilliant save in the final itself ... but now all that most remember is him floundering backwards after that freakish fluke from that :censored: Nayim.

But anyway yeah I get why Lehmann gets criticised but I liked him. The good far outweighed the bad and I dont think you can say about our other keepers since.