The Pullis/FatSam/Pardew Shit Managers Merry-Go-Round

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Jumpers For Goalposts

Re: Tony Pulls sacked

Post by Jumpers For Goalposts »

wibble wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:11 pm
Jumpers For Goalposts wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:48 am
Don't think Pulis is going to get much sympathy from anyone but his wife.

It's only November but he's already the 4th to be sacked, following De Boer, Bilic and Koeman.

Who's going to be No 5??
Pulis is number 5. Alas, you forgot poor old Shakespeare!
Schoolboy error - how could I forget Craig Shakespeare?? Alas poor Craig, such a giant amongst football managers :lol:

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:49 pm
wibble wrote:

It's only November but he's already the 4th to be sacked, following De Boer, Bilic and Koeman.

Who's going to be No 5??
Schoolboy error - how could I forget Craig Shakespeare?? Alas poor Craig, such a giant amongst football managers :lol:
A tragedy I’m sure we all agree

Midz

Post by Midz »

I dread to think how much money these shitbags are fleecing from football.
:barscarf:

Midz

Post by Midz »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:45 pm
Midz wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:23 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:46 pm

I call them the Shit Managers' Merry-Go-Round;

Allardyce
Moyes
O'Neill
McCarthy
Pulis
Hughes
Curbishly
Allardyce
Dyche
Lying Phil Brown
Warnock
"funny lad" Holloway
Tubby Bruce
Redkrapp
Pearson
Pardew
Hodgson
Allardyce
2 Allardyces? :mrgreen:
I think you'll find he's in it 3 times. I hate the crunt that much. :barscarf:

It's like the opposite of that scene in Blazing Saddles where the bad guys are recruiting and they ask the Mexican bandits what cool crimes they've committed;

Bandit: "Rape, murder, stealin' rape and vandalism".
Bad guy; "Hey you said rape twice".
Bandit: "We like rape!"

:lol: :wink:

:D you're right it is 3 times. Off to Specsavers with me.

Jumpers For Goalposts

Post by Jumpers For Goalposts »

StuartL wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:49 pm
wibble wrote:

Who's going to be No 5??
:lol:

It would be a comedy if the people involved weren't such arseholes

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

RobG wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:29 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:

Allardyce
Moyes
O'Neill
McCarthy
Pulis
Hughes
Curbishly
Allardyce
Dyche
Lying Phil Brown
Warnock
"funny lad" Holloway
Tubby Bruce
Redkrapp
Pearson
Pardew
Hodgson
Allardyce

Have to say that is harsh on O'Neill, who learned his trade from Cloughie. And also harsh on Dyche who is definitely not - in my eyes - a poor Manager. Quite the reverse, given what he has done with Burnley.
Disagree totally. O'Neill? Classic over-rated shit manager, made Leicester punch slightly above their weight for a few years, the media myth built up around him based on that "achievement" but in reality he has achieved nothing in the game. Won a few leagues with Celtic? My mom could win a few leagues with Celtic in the shit SPL ffs. Same with Dyche, what has he "achieved" with Burnley? Nothing. They are this season's Norwich (remember them?), punching slightly above their weight, having a decent run but will ultimately finish anywhere between 10th and 6th and will most likely be relegated within a season or two. Every season produces a "minnow" that pushes top 4 for a few months and then drifts out. That is what the over-rated PL gives us by its vey nature. Like Moyes, you put Dyche in a big club job and he will be sacked within a season.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:04 pm
StuartL wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:49 pm
wibble wrote:

Who's going to be No 5??
:lol:

It would be a comedy if the people involved weren't such arseholes
:lol: :lol:

RobG

Post by RobG »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:58 am
RobG wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

Allardyce
Moyes
O'Neill
McCarthy
Pulis
Hughes
Curbishly
Allardyce
Dyche
Lying Phil Brown
Warnock
"funny lad" Holloway
Tubby Bruce
Redkrapp
Pearson
Pardew
Hodgson
Allardyce

Have to say that is harsh on O'Neill, who learned his trade from Cloughie. And also harsh on Dyche who is definitely not - in my eyes - a poor Manager. Quite the reverse, given what he has done with Burnley.
Disagree totally. O'Neill? Classic over-rated shit manager, made Leicester punch slightly above their weight for a few years, the media myth built up around him based on that "achievement" but in reality he has achieved nothing in the game. Won a few leagues with Celtic? My mom could win a few leagues with Celtic in the shit SPL ffs. Same with Dyche, what has he "achieved" with Burnley? Nothing. They are this season's Norwich (remember them?), punching slightly above their weight, having a decent run but will ultimately finish anywhere between 10th and 6th and will most likely be relegated within a season or two. Every season produces a "minnow" that pushes top 4 for a few months and then drifts out. That is what the over-rated PL gives us by its vey nature. Like Moyes, you put Dyche in a big club job and he will be sacked within a season.

Yes but by that definition any Manager who doesn’t lift trophies - and even some who do - are rubbish. Managers can come in some other shade than Messiah and bozo.

Dyche has stuck with Burnley and done a thorough job. Everyone had them as favourites for the chop before a ball had been kicked. So far, he is defying expectations.

What is more interesting is the fit of the Manager to the Club. If you judged Clough by Leeds - then a huge club - he would be a failure. Same could be said of van Gahl at Utd. But they just didn’t click.

It is certainly true that some like Pulis and Alkardyce are just merry go round appointments. But not all on that list were or are.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

RobG wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:38 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:58 am
RobG wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

Allardyce
Moyes
O'Neill
McCarthy
Pulis
Hughes
Curbishly
Allardyce
Dyche
Lying Phil Brown
Warnock
"funny lad" Holloway
Tubby Bruce
Redkrapp
Pearson
Pardew
Hodgson
Allardyce

Yes but by that definition any Manager who doesn’t lift trophies - and even some who do - are rubbish. Managers can come in some other shade than Messiah and bozo.

Dyche has stuck with Burnley and done a thorough job. Everyone had them as favourites for the chop before a ball had been kicked. So far, he is defying expectations.

What is more interesting is the fit of the Manager to the Club. If you judged Clough by Leeds - then a huge club - he would be a failure. Same could be said of van Gahl at Utd. But they just didn’t click.

It is certainly true that some like Pulis and Alkardyce are just merry go round appointments. But not all on that list were or are.
Fair points, mate - but my point is that, with the way the PL is structured, the way the media eulogise these managers (particularly if they are British and even more so if they are English) Dyche will become one of the merry go round hoppers as soon as the Burnley job goes tits up for him. The media are already sniffing round him (and Eddie Howe) with allusions to him being "one for the future" and "tipped for a big job".... we are only next years' predictable world cup England disaster :wink: away from calls for him to be the next England boss and all based on what? Nothing really. He didn't get Burnley relegated, and they had a bit of a run of results this year. He's done nothing more than most of those duds on that list would do at Burnley tbh.

Have you seen him on "Matey TV" (or "Goals on Sunday" as it is also known)?? :wink: He has a way over-inflated opinion of his own worth and standing in the game, just like every other suspect on that list. :oops: :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Also, SteveO rates Dyche. :shock: Yes, the same SteveO that still rates Diaby, or "Baked Bean Head" as rodders calls him! :lol: :wink:

John F

Post by John F »

Lads you need to add to the list the man who used to be linked by the papers to every crap job going and when he did get the chance to manage he was crap.Iain Dowie.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

John F wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:49 pm
Lads you need to add to the list the man who used to be linked by the papers to every crap job going and when he did get the chance to manage he was crap.Iain Dowie.
:lol: :lol:

How could I forget the handsome bastard! :lol: :wink:

List editted. :wink:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Clash wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:27 pm
Good!

I detest the likes of Pulis. These supposed salt of the earth types that are paid a fortune to be absolutely bang fucking average.

Ranieri exposed this lot for the no-mark fuckers they really are with his Leicester side. Admittedly winning the title was a one-off but it still showed how the likes of Pulis, Alladyce, Bruce etc. overplay the down-trodden underdog thing too much where mrely avoiding relegation is seen as some sort of heroic feat.

They bore the fuck out of everyone with their limited abilities and then wait for the plaudits from a sycophantic pathetic media.

Pulis should never be allowed back in football again after the High Court judgement proved he was a fraudelent when he lied to Palace to get his loyalty payment early and then fucked off to West Brom the next day.

But football being the pathetic circus it is nowadays means he'll probably be unveiled as the new Everton boss in a fortnight :banghead:

Allardyce
Moyes
O'Neill
McCarthy
Pulis
Hughes
Curbishly
Allardyce
Dyche
Lying Phil Brown
Warnock
"funny lad" Holloway
Tubby Bruce
Redkrapp
Pearson
Pardew
Hodgson
Allardyce
Dowie
Dowie added. :lol: 8)

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

Sorry boys but Alladyce knows a good deal when he sees one, Palace come knocking, offer over £6m to keep em up for a handful of big survival games, gets the job done and fucks off!
What's wrong with that?
The clubs are where it is going wrong.... 8)

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

And we have to suffer the "Mugabe" of the Premier League.... :cussing: