Arsenal v Huddersfield wed 29th Nov 19 45

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Midz

Re: Arsenal v Huddersfield wed 29th Nov 19 45

Post by Midz »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:38 pm
Its actually quite refreshing to see us put a team to the swrd for once rather than pissing around :rubchin:
Absolutely.

Midz

Post by Midz »

A great win and improved our poor GD.

Only 10pts behind the leaders now.
It's almost a tie for first place.

NickF

Post by NickF »

Midz wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:15 pm
A great win and improved our poor GD.

Only 10pts behind the leaders now.
It's almost a tie for first place.
Just need one of our players (probably Theo) to come out and say how none of the top teams will fancy playing us now. :roll:

Eboue-Why?

Post by Eboue-Why? »

Manchester City we’re coming for you..

LaughingGooner

Post by LaughingGooner »

Brilliant performance and a great result.
Playing with great style.
We were due to beat a side convincingly and we could have scored more.
Great feeling about the ground this evening.
Saturday is going to be a great occasion.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

About time we had a result like that, been a long time coming.

GranadaJoe

Post by GranadaJoe »

I'm very happy with the result, but we rode our luck a few times and did our best to give them a goal many more times (Ramsey, Kos and Mustaphi, who all think they're Beckenbauer, were terrible with the ball). It was only when the second goal went in that Huddersfield seemed to lose interest.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Good win and once the second goal went in it could have been any score....but the period leading up to the second goal was scary. Luckily it was Huddersfield we were playing , relegation certainties, if it had been Man U next Saturday we would have been 1-3 down on 60 minutes.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

4 pages. We hammer a team 5-0 and we get 4 pages. :lol: :oops:

This place really is turning into a shower of grinding negative shite tbh. We have too many posters nowadays that have let Wenger ruin everything for them - and a handful who it seems just can't put their agenda away for even a minute because it's all about out-hating each other on a football forum... :roll: No wonder so many of our better posters have fucked off. :|

Anyway, it's a free country(s) so fill your boots. :lol: :wink:

GTG

Post by GTG »

We played some fantastic stuff last night no question about that. When our "style" comes off, which is usually against lesser teams that dare to have a go, then its beautiful to watch.

The worrying thing that has been there for so long now is the tendency of this team to start like a train then drop off. I honestly think the atmosphere plays a massive part in it. Against Spurs the fans were baying for the blood the team were going hell for leather and we kept at it for the entire first half more or less. Last night we get the goal and the place just went like a Morgue..... it was dead. The players got really sloppy particularly at the back.

Of course Im not expecting Huddersfield at home to carry the same atmosphere as the scum and these players are professional and should be able motivated enough themselves but it just seems to always be the way.

It would also help if we had a manager of the type to get out of his seat and start giving the players instructions when we get sloppy like that.

Gutted we've lost Lacazette as he was razor sharp last night and playing with real hunger. Ozil looked fresh. Also just to add balance despite giving the ball away in his usual sloppy self Ramsey kept going, covered a lot of ground and played some lovely stuff in patches last night too. Some on here just refuse to give him credit for doing anything positive.

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

3 reasons for me to be very pleased today
1: Arsenal win 5 - 0
2: Get the all clear on a stuffed knee on MRI ----
3: Read my first book in 30 odd years, 'Fever Pitch' by nick hornby. ( Someone gave it to me so I could help pass the time with my leg up.)
All about an Arsenal supporter.
Interesting but the first game mentioned in the book Arsenal v Hammers (1968) was the last game I watched live before I left for down under. All I've done since then is to keep watching them on the box. That's what old farts do !. Now for United Saturday night. :barscarf: :barscarf:

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:15 am
4 pages. We hammer a team 5-0 and we get 4 pages. :lol: :oops:

This place really is turning into a shower of grinding negative shite tbh. We have too many posters nowadays that have let Wenger ruin everything for them - and a handful who it seems just can't put their agenda away for even a minute because it's all about out-hating each other on a football forum... :roll: No wonder so many of our better posters have fucked off. :|
Well said mate

erm....Im still here though :?

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

DB, the number of posts has generally declined in all March day threads. This is because so many of us are completely apathetic as to what happens because we're going to have the exact same season we always do.

A home win against a side we should always be beating isn't going to stir much discussion, happy that I am with the result.

Great to see euuurgh-zil miraculously recover from that horrible "illness" that was plaguing him last Sunday. Somehow I doubt that's not the end of that particular mystery bug ;) ;)

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Henry Norris 1913 wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:15 pm
DB, the number of posts has generally declined in all March day threads. This is because so many of us are completely apathetic as to what happens because we're going to have the exact same season we always do.

A home win against a side we should always be beating isn't going to stir much discussion, happy that I am with the result.

Great to see euuurgh-zil miraculously recover from that horrible "illness" that was plaguing him last Sunday. Somehow I doubt that's not the end of that particular mystery bug ;) ;)
The point is though it is indicitative of the entire tone of the forum becoming so entrenched in hysterical negativity that it is driving the better posters away, the posters that can debate the negatives and the positives rather than just post and repost the one mob-approved "I hate everything Arsenal" party line. And surely the whole idea behind a forum is that (apart from compulsory tit photos and cock jokes) there be at least some intelligent, informative and interesting debate, not just a few people choking the life out of it by trying to outdo each other with the amount of negativity and bile they can post. Tbh it's reaching saturation point - and I'm not refering to "saturation" in the sense of Rodders finally getting a look up Our Nat's Holy Of Holies either! :wink:

When Quartz quit he said "the forum has become an inward looking pit of negativity" and he was/is right. We are in a sorry state of affairs when we have members taking snide pops at other members for enjoying beating our North London rivals the scum, because hey you cannot be positive about anything Arsenal and still want Wenger gone can you huh? :roll:

arsenalmorris

Post by arsenalmorris »

great performance last night and about time we won a game convincingly. Roll on Saturday, dare I say I am slightly optimistic now