Director Of Football Incoming

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Re: Director Of Football Incoming

Post by DB10GOONER »

Redarmy wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:24 pm
Anyway....

From low life snake and general shit bag Gazidis today.....

"Raul’s appointment is another important step in developing the infrastructure we need at the club to take everything we do to the next level.

Fucking love it "THE NEXT LEVEL".... :D :D :D :D :D :D
Hey man, the next level is the next level, that is the next level... :lol: :wink:

augie

Post by augie »

Skooner wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:48 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:21 pm
I thought I was miserable cynic at the best of times, but you lot take the cake.

The club would not be hiring for a position Wenger pretty much stated he thought was pointless and was against if his grip of power at the club was not weakening. No one is saying it's going to happen overnight, but the end is near. The new backroom staff are being hired in preparation for Wenger's exit.

Well respected and well connected by all accounts. Don't see him as being a simple yes man.
Any new manager coming in would bring his own backroom staff. This reeks more of Wenger solidifying power and Ivan The Useless being allowed to do a PR exercise to show the media that his vapid "catalyst for change" horseshit was legit - "ooh look at us being all modern and looking to win things". But you can bet your bottom dollar it was all run by Wenger first. If the owner of this club was legitimately looking to improve and win things like the PL and the CL then the first guy out the door would be Wenger, not the incidental, powerless backroom staff.

If the last 13 years have taught us anything it is that Wenger will go when Wenger wants to go and nothing will change that. It's not being miserable or cynical. It's being realistic and pragmatic. Unfortunately.
I share your skepticism but this guy and the scout from Dortmund are a) roles which wouldn't be likely to change with a change of manager as new managers generally bring other coaches and b) have actually been involved in some very decent transfer dealings in recent years. I don't doubt in the slightest that Wenger is still in control of his departure date but I see this is a good recruitment behind the scenes regardless of whether Wenger agreed to it or not, which in theory will lessen the upheaval when ever he does decide it's time to go.

It's just baby steps and makes very little difference until we change manager but hopefully beneficial further down the line.

That's exactly the point I was gonna make - maybe in bygone years a manager would be able to fill the positions around him with his buddies, but these days a properly run club has structures in place that produce continuity beyond any particular manager. A manager should be allowed to bring his own coaching staff with him into a new club, but I also believe that what we are witnessing now, is a club trying to have a strong system in place for the next manager regardless of when it happens 8) We have all heard the scaremongers spout bullshit about how our club will fall apart when wenker goes because he does so many jobs within the club, well for me these moves are reducing some of the projected impact and ensuring that the next manager wont have the same power or responsibility 8)

SammyDroppedHisShorts
Location: In front of the best fans on earth. The Arse and all.

Post by SammyDroppedHisShorts »

I reckon it’s a great move getting the Barcelona fella in.... perhaps he’ll bring Messi with him

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:30 pm
Skooner wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:48 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:21 pm
I thought I was miserable cynic at the best of times, but you lot take the cake.

The club would not be hiring for a position Wenger pretty much stated he thought was pointless and was against if his grip of power at the club was not weakening. No one is saying it's going to happen overnight, but the end is near. The new backroom staff are being hired in preparation for Wenger's exit.

Well respected and well connected by all accounts. Don't see him as being a simple yes man.
Any new manager coming in would bring his own backroom staff. This reeks more of Wenger solidifying power and Ivan The Useless being allowed to do a PR exercise to show the media that his vapid "catalyst for change" horseshit was legit - "ooh look at us being all modern and looking to win things". But you can bet your bottom dollar it was all run by Wenger first. If the owner of this club was legitimately looking to improve and win things like the PL and the CL then the first guy out the door would be Wenger, not the incidental, powerless backroom staff.

If the last 13 years have taught us anything it is that Wenger will go when Wenger wants to go and nothing will change that. It's not being miserable or cynical. It's being realistic and pragmatic. Unfortunately.
I share your skepticism but this guy and the scout from Dortmund are a) roles which wouldn't be likely to change with a change of manager as new managers generally bring other coaches and b) have actually been involved in some very decent transfer dealings in recent years. I don't doubt in the slightest that Wenger is still in control of his departure date but I see this is a good recruitment behind the scenes regardless of whether Wenger agreed to it or not, which in theory will lessen the upheaval when ever he does decide it's time to go.

It's just baby steps and makes very little difference until we change manager but hopefully beneficial further down the line.

That's exactly the point I was gonna make - maybe in bygone years a manager would be able to fill the positions around him with his buddies, but these days a properly run club has structures in place that produce continuity beyond any particular manager. A manager should be allowed to bring his own coaching staff with him into a new club, but I also believe that what we are witnessing now, is a club trying to have a strong system in place for the next manager regardless of when it happens 8) We have all heard the scaremongers spout bullshit about how our club will fall apart when wenker goes because he does so many jobs within the club, well for me these moves are reducing some of the projected impact and ensuring that the next manager wont have the same power or responsibility 8)
The point is though that these appointments were being proffered on here as a sign that Wenger's days were numbered and are an indicator that his grip on power is weakening. Do you believe that? I don't.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:28 pm
Redarmy wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:24 pm
Anyway....

From low life snake and general shit bag Gazidis today.....

"Raul’s appointment is another important step in developing the infrastructure we need at the club to take everything we do to the next level.

Fucking love it "THE NEXT LEVEL".... :D :D :D :D :D :D
Hey man, the next level is the next level, that is the next level... :lol: :wink:
Yes, but the "NEXT LEVEL" could also refer to moving lower/downwards! - Which sounds about right..Gazidis is a right sneakybackstabbingmoneygrabbingwhoreof aCUNT :evil: JUST LIKE HIS BOSS.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

SammyDroppedHisShorts wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:32 pm
I reckon it’s a great move getting the Barcelona fella in.... perhaps he’ll bring Messi with him
The Joke thread is in the basement mate! :? :wink:

Midz

Post by Midz »

Good move getting this fella in.

Yeah yeah yeah... wenger is a *word censored*.

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

Could well be that Wenger's replacement will have a different remit. New head scout , new DOF , all that's needed is an on the field coach.

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

I made the point a while back that it wasn't just about getting rid of Wenger because it would leave huge holes in areas of the club he has a hold of beyond his prime remit as Manager, interestingly it does seem there are moves to bolster areas of the club that are weak.

This may not mean Wenger is eventually going out the door it might just mean they are narrowing his primary role and looking to focus him on football. To be honest we have massively lagged behind our rivals in terms of non-technical footballing roles at Arsenal. Our sponsorship and commercial deals are very poor in comparison to the other top 3 PL teams.

I read an article on this guy earlier and it seemed to intimate he is more of a commercial guy than footballing guy so it will be interesting to see exactly what, if Wenger allows it, his role ends up being. :rubchin:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:52 pm
I made the point a while back that it wasn't just about getting rid of Wenger because it would leave huge holes in areas of the club he has a hold of beyond his prime remit as Manager, interestingly it does seem there are moves to bolster areas of the club that are weak.

This may not mean Wenger is eventually going out the door it might just mean they are narrowing his primary role and looking to focus him on football. To be honest we have massively lagged behind our rivals in terms of non-technical footballing roles at Arsenal. Our sponsorship and commercial deals are very poor in comparison to the other top 3 PL teams.

I read an article on this guy earlier and it seemed to intimate he is more of a commercial guy than footballing guy so it will be interesting to see exactly what, if Wenger allows it, his role ends up being. :rubchin:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Then we truly are fuckked.

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

I'm trying to be positive with this.

It does seem as if we are creating an infrastructure within the club that doesn't solely revolve around Wenger.

A new chief scout - with an excellent reputation.
A contract negotiator - I would say ''new'' but we never had one of these anyway. In fact; Dick Law is the only man in football to negotiate his way OUT of a done deal :roll:
A DOF - Or whatever the Barca guy is.

It looks promising. It's all futile until Wenger leaves, unless he is being told ''here is a list of players, pick some from this list and this list only.''

Even then, he can't figure out tactics for shit, so fuck it.

goonertone

Post by goonertone »

Anyone or anything that helps to undermine or destabilize the Wenger regime has to be welcomed as it will surely help to push him one step nearer the exit.

I reached this conclusion using "objective metrics"🙄

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... s-11604105

This should clear things up for all you hopefuls

augie

Post by augie »

xisstential wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:12 am
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... s-11604105

This should clear things up for all you hopefuls

Wenker has also said today that cech can play on at the top level for another 5 years ................. delusional doesn't come close to summing him up :roll:
Look, this may not accelerate the senile old c.unts departure, but it certainly is already publicly questioning his authority, hence the fact that he is being questioned about his power at press conferences - people aren't stupid enough to believe that these new appointments will have zero impact on him, and even if they only take 5% of his power away from him, it is still a positive for me 8)

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

goonertone wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:00 am
Anyone or anything that helps to undermine or destabilize the Wenger regime has to be welcomed as it will surely help to push him one step nearer the exit.

I reached this conclusion using "objective metrics"🙄
I concur employing Special Circumstances.