Tonight's and Tomorrows PL games

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Re: Tonight's and Tomorrows PL games

Post by DB10GOONER »

Bradywasking wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:15 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:34 am
Bradywasking wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:30 am
Is it just me or is Jurgen Klopp turning into one of the most annoying figures in football? ..all hype but little substance..Great character apparently because he is so passionate and pulls funny faces on the touchline. Disrespects convention and opposing managers with his over the top celebrations which are all designed for media coverage. Yet he cannot handle one question off the script he wants.
Would he really have been an improvement on Wenger? I was convinced then that he would, not so now.
A-fucking-men. 8) 8)

I said this months ago, BWK - and the couple of Klopp-worshippers we have on here nearly lost their shit. :lol: Klopp is Wenger-Lite as a manager, but twice as obnoxious and full of shit as a person. What a cunty thing to say to an interviewer because they didn't agree with his view of a controversial penno - if Wenger had said that there would be people on here suffering from cranial ruptures ffs. :roll: :lol:

I hate all that "Soccer-AM wannabe-lad" love-in shit for Klopp because he pulls stupid faces and pretends to be "passionate" and goes looking for the camera on the sidelines and does all the fucking stupid adverts you can throw at a cúnt that knows in his heart and soul he will never get another big job like Liverpool after he wins nothing of merit with them. :roll: :censored:
There was a lovely piece of film on Social media during the Summer of Liverpool boarding their coach for an away friendly...There was a few kids looking for autographs but one by one the Liverpool party including Klopp ignored them. The kids were literally standing at the coach door. In fairness James Miller did speak to them..The video was shot on a mobile phone , and as someone pointed out if Sky or BT cameras were present Klopp would be all over the kids ,playing to the cameras.
Fucking disgraceful really. And you are right - if the SlySports cameras had been there Klopp would have been all over those kids posing for photos and signing autographs. He's a total fake. :roll: :censored:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

After the shit Wenger got on here for calling Ladyruns Girlfriend-Beater Sterling a diver, I'm surprised more on here aren't as upest about Klopp's carry on in that interview.... :lol: :roll:

I wonder was Klopp so "passionately incensed" when Lucas and Sturridge were booked for... yep... diving. :roll: :censored:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Fuck it - I'm cunting him. :box: :censored: :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Klopp is an attention seeking *word censored* but Allardyce's face just fucking appals me.

Offside

Post by Offside »

Burnley won tonight. So they're up to fourth. I wonder if we'll be able to compete with them. :roll:

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

Oh look. the 3 richest clubs safely occupy the top 3 (with the richest of all top) and then it's the next 3 richest competing for 4th place, the rest being also rans.. yeah the PL is such an exciting unpredictable drama.. does anyone still buy this crap??

:roll:

NickF

Post by NickF »

sk-gtfo wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:52 pm
Oh look. the 3 richest clubs safely occupy the top 3 (with the richest of all top) and then it's the next 3 richest competing for 4th place, the rest being also rans.. yeah the PL is such an exciting unpredictable drama.. does anyone still buy this crap??

They didn't finish that way last season though did they....

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

NickF wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:47 pm
sk-gtfo wrote:

No, but Chelsea and City both finished in the top 3 and Spurs who are about the 6th richest club were the other one, it is rarely going to be exact but the pattern is clear that the richest rise to the top. It is a boring league because of it but Sky hype it up like "anyone could win", laughable really but they have to sell it to us, I don't see why anyone would pay to watch Arsenal in the league though, we clearly make no active effort to win the league and see 4th as achieving above expectations.

NickF

Post by NickF »

sk-gtfo wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:00 pm
NickF wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:47 pm
sk-gtfo wrote:

No, but Chelsea and City both finished in the top 3 and Spurs who are about the 6th richest club were the other one, it is rarely going to be exact but the pattern is clear that the richest rise to the top. It is a boring league because of it but Sky hype it up like "anyone could win", laughable really but they have to sell it to us, I don't see why anyone would pay to watch Arsenal in the league though, we clearly make no active effort to win the league and see 4th as achieving above expectations.
That is no different from any other league in any other sport. With the premier league the top 6 is going to pretty much always be the same just in a different order. If that bores you then you should probably give up watching any sport as the richest will alway prevail. This year is a bit different as City are running away with it, however they finished third last year (3pts ahead of us), not their fault we have regressed badly and they have a top manager (who arguably we could have got).

A couple of seasons ago you had Leicester winning it and tonight Burnley are 4th, so not really sure what you want. :?
Totally agree with your point about Arsenal as that is exactly the reason I don't go anymore.

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

NickF wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:08 am
That is no different from any other league in any other sport. With the premier league the top 6 is going to pretty much always be the same just in a different order. If that bores you then you should probably give up watching any sport as the richest will alway prevail. This year is a bit different as City are running away with it, however they finished third last year (3pts ahead of us), not their fault we have regressed badly and they have a top manager (who arguably we could have got).

A couple of seasons ago you had Leicester winning it and tonight Burnley are 4th, so not really sure what you want. :?
Totally agree with your point about Arsenal as that is exactly the reason I don't go anymore.
Maybe you're generally right, I just think it has got worse over the last 10-15 years where the money has got to obscene levels with the oligarchs and oil money pouring in, if Jack Walker was alive today his £250M 'fortune' would look paltry and unlikely to be enough to buy a place in the top 6 let alone a title.

Leicester was a fluke, a one in 20 year event, which teams have won the title since we last won it apart from them? - City, Chelsea and United. Burnley won't finish 4th, it will likely be one of Arsenal, Liverpool or Spurs.

I was looking earlier at the various league tables since we last won the title, we have been remarkably consistent to not finish below 5th for 22 seasons, the problem is of course not just that we've never won it, but only in 07/08 did we really put up any sort of challenge since 2004/5, how does anyone retain any sort of interest (let alone optimism!) when we are so predictable?.

I know we had a lean spell broadly from the mid-70's to the mid-80's but after that we at least won a few titles in between 4th place, 10th place etc. finishes, what we have have now is just tedious and it feels like we are actually slipping into something worse than a perennial 4th place club, maybe we're now a perennial 5th/6th place club.

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

Offside wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:43 pm
Burnley won tonight. So they're up to fourth. I wonder if we'll be able to compete with them. :roll:
Yes but at least it improves our stats against the top four :barscarf:

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

Watched highlights of last night's games this morning, glad to see that ugly mouthy prick toy beanie miss am open goal from 4 yards :lol:

GranadaJoe

Post by GranadaJoe »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:13 pm
Watched highlights of last night's games this morning, glad to see that ugly mouthy prick toy beanie miss am open goal from 4 yards :lol:

He's been training with Giroud and Ramsey.