Arsenal v Man Utd (H) Sat 2nd Dec 17:30 (live on BT)

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Basil is a Gooner

Re: Arsenal v Man Utd (H) Sat 2nd Dec 17:30 (live on BT)

Post by Basil is a Gooner »

cardinal2011 wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:55 pm
Did anyone hear about 9 people arrested for ticket touting before the game. Sky Sports are also saying hundreds of memberships gave also been cancelled for misuse :shock:

I hope this is not the memberships of people lending a membership to a mate like all do!!
We had a Manc in a Manc shirt in our block! :shock:

Jumpers For Goalposts

Post by Jumpers For Goalposts »

LaughingGooner wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:50 pm
Shocking defending. Really was poor for a schoolboy team, let alone international level defenders.
Defenders badly let us down. Could not believe what I was watching.

We played pretty well, though only scoring once when we had 33 attempts on goal is pretty piss poor.

Trying to be positive - we did outclass them for long periods - but they know how to win games when second best.

Decent atmosphere again and it was great to hear such noise when we were 2-0 down.

Players simply have to turn up now on Sunday. No excuses.
How can you not include the "manager" in your criticism ??

He brought every one of those players to the club, he (supposedly) coaches them, he sets the formation, he chooses the tactics, he has seen this type of performance dozens of times before but he does nothing to fix the problems.

As others have pointed out, the players change but the mistakes remain the same. The only constant is Wenger. So I ask again "How can you not include the "manager" in your criticism ??"

GTG

Post by GTG »

Jumpers For Goalposts wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:52 pm
LaughingGooner wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:50 pm
Shocking defending. Really was poor for a schoolboy team, let alone international level defenders.
Defenders badly let us down. Could not believe what I was watching.

We played pretty well, though only scoring once when we had 33 attempts on goal is pretty piss poor.

Trying to be positive - we did outclass them for long periods - but they know how to win games when second best.

Decent atmosphere again and it was great to hear such noise when we were 2-0 down.

Players simply have to turn up now on Sunday. No excuses.
How can you not include the "manager" in your criticism ??

He brought every one of those players to the club, he (supposedly) coaches them, he sets the formation, he chooses the tactics, he has seen this type of performance dozens of times before but he does nothing to fix the problems.

As others have pointed out, the players change but the mistakes remain the same. The only constant is Wenger. So I ask again "How can you not include the "manager" in your criticism ??"
I don't think you'll get an answer to that one :wink:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Basil is a Gooner wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:44 am
cardinal2011 wrote:
Did anyone hear about 9 people arrested for ticket touting before the game. Sky Sports are also saying hundreds of memberships gave also been cancelled for misuse :shock:

I hope this is not the memberships of people lending a membership to a mate like all do!!
I hope you all gave the ceeeunt a good kickin' ! :barscarf: :box: :barscarf:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:37 pm
Basil is a Gooner wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:44 am
cardinal2011 wrote:

I hope you all gave the ceeeunt a good kickin' ! :barscarf: :box: :barscarf:
Whaaaat might have spilt the Cappuchino.....or damaged the iPad......