Arsenal v Man Utd (H) Sat 2nd Dec 17:30 (live on BT)

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Gunner Rob

Re: Arsenal v Man Utd (H) Sat 2nd Dec 17:30 (live on BT)

Post by Gunner Rob »

Bennett wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:57 pm
On my way back from the game and furious and confused. Better team overall but hideously light weight at the crucial times.....they have winning mentality and we don't. Defence was hideous, Sanchez was a show pony (his fault for 3rd goal with shitty circus flicks ). No idea how Wilshere must feel when he didn't even get on whilst Iwobi does and did fuck all
Why are you confused.
This sort of match has been happening for about the last 10 years.

Mediocrity is the name of the game at Arsenal . Stan Kroenke will be happy with you for paying to watch his team.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Redarmy wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:31 pm
markyp wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:17 pm
NickF wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:52 pm
Redarmy wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:41 pm
NickF wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:31 pm

Not with defending like that we wouldn't.
Cech is absolute shite, can add Iwobi and the man who supposedly drives Arsenal forward Aaron Ramsey, three fucking rank players stealing living
Agreed, but Cech wasn't the reason we lost the game, poor defending was.
the first goal was a shocker straight through his legs
the guy is past it, too fucking slow reacting....saying that yes defending was very poor, but no real surprise there....

Did anyone expect anything else?
Yea...Gunner Rob did.

As for getting the banners out,,,FUCK THAT...after the next 2 wins the "positivity" will be back up through the roof.

Protests have to be done with the guys who know..who know..who know...it is NEVER going to change with this man in charge. He is a busted flush, a con man and a bullshitter!!

Eboue-Why?

Post by Eboue-Why? »

Manchester City we’re not coming for you anymore

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

The amount of times Sanchez gave away possession was frightening. Was thinking during the game that his pass stats must be fucking abysmal, just read that he lost the ball 34 times today - that's fucking horrific :shock:

NickF

Post by NickF »

rodders999 wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:49 pm
The amount of times Sanchez gave away possession was frightening. Was thinking during the game that his pass stats must be fucking abysmal, just read that he lost the ball 34 times today - that's fucking horrific :shock:
Our strikers giving the ball away certainly doesn't help but i would maybe look at our defence more as to why we lost. Terrible defending.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

rodders999 wrote:
That's why he works so hard during a match, he's recovering the possession he lost.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

What a fucking odd game. We threaded them for most of it. If that’s the second best team in England City must be pissing their pants.

How many big games do we expect to win conceding 3? Despite Glenn Hoddle’s nonsense, they aren’t some counter-attacking phenomenon. They were so average unless we gave them the ball in dangerous positions, it’s scary. City will thrash this lot

Koscielny has the ability to be a top player but let’s himself down terribly - first and third goal were a fucking disgrace. Cech also caught drawn out for the first and gave him no chance - how many would united have let in with him in goal rather than de Gea???

Bringing on Welbeck and Giroud was a disaster - lost all shape. Fair play, Lacazette won every fucking ball and did something every time it went near him. Put that useless prick Giroud to shame.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Don't think we've ever had stats like that against Manure. Really poor defensively...how is Monreal still in the back 3?
When it comes to big games we haven't got the defence and 33 attempts on goal only 1 goal is a shocking return.
De Gea was outstanding but he matches goalkeeping performance of keepers in teams that were relegated. (Mannone ffs)
Put it in that context United getting praise they don't deserve.

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

Nos89 wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:14 pm
rodders999 wrote:
That's why he works so hard during a match, he's recovering the possession he lost.
Don't worry he wont be here next season and we already have his ready made replacement - Iwobi.

:roll:

:censored:

Wilson

Post by Wilson »

We still have pundits talking about how Arsenal need to improve defensively. Surely by know they must know this is standard so long as Wenger is in charge? There isnt getting better. This is it. The softness & indiscipline stays in our defence stays as long as Wenger stays.

Although it was 10 out of 10 for entertainment. But you can only be satisfied with an entertaining game if you win it. He is always talking about entertaining football, so I wonder if putting on a spectacle is worth losing to Jose again?

We will never win with this idiot in charge. It was true one year ago, just as it was 5 years ago & it applies for the next two years as well.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Trawling through Twitter, which sometimes is the same as self harming, and I see Arsenal fans so proud of their team for the effort ,for the way they tore into United and as usual bemoaning bad luck.
The official supporters club account says it was the timing of the goals that dictated the game. I am glad they explained that to me. Because I would never have known that gifting two early goals to a well structured team could possibly dictate the game. I was thinking that two stupid and costly errors by two average central defenders with notions of grandeur were partly responsible for the bad start.
My favourite tweet was from a serial Wenger disciple who said "once we had an inferiority complex against United, yesterday proved that isn't the case anymore "...(paraphrasing there).

Blade

Post by Blade »

The last time a CB left the team after an embarrassment was Campbell[2 mistakes,2 goals] V West Ham.

richie powling

Post by richie powling »

it was a strange game, we battered them :banghead: gifted the goals , denied a clear penalty etc etc etc , its hard to take .

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Bradywasking wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:29 am
Trawling through Twitter, which sometimes is the same as self harming, and I see Arsenal fans so proud of their team for the effort ,for the way they tore into United and as usual bemoaning bad luck.
The official supporters club account says it was the timing of the goals that dictated the game. I am glad they explained that to me. Because I would never have known that gifting two early goals to a well structured team could possibly dictate the game. I was thinking that two stupid and costly errors by two average central defenders with notions of grandeur were partly responsible for the bad start.
My favourite tweet was from a serial Wenger disciple who said "once we had an inferiority complex against United, yesterday proved that isn't the case anymore "...(paraphrasing there).
We knew how Man Utd would play......we were exposed to the counter attack, (although agreed both goals were of our own making due to Man utd pressing and our defenders over playing instead of just clearing) we still have no one who can sit in front of the defence and tackle???

This issue has never been addressed by Wenger

Xaha, Coquelin and Eleneny do not know how to tackle....no discipline in the team.....defensively look like they have never been coached....
This is not another gripe but really think this lays at Wengers door again....

Strangely enough was a time when i would be sick about this, now not really bothered....I won't go while Wenger is there....and as we all know they will never win the title again under him.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

xisstential wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:06 pm
Redarmy wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:31 pm
markyp wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:17 pm
NickF wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:52 pm
Redarmy wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:41 pm

Cech is absolute shite, can add Iwobi and the man who supposedly drives Arsenal forward Aaron Ramsey, three fucking rank players stealing living
Agreed, but Cech wasn't the reason we lost the game, poor defending was.
the first goal was a shocker straight through his legs
the guy is past it, too fucking slow reacting....saying that yes defending was very poor, but no real surprise there....

Did anyone expect anything else?
Yea...Gunner Rob did.

As for getting the banners out,,,FUCK THAT...after the next 2 wins the "positivity" will be back up through the roof.

Protests have to be done with the guys who know..who know..who know...it is NEVER going to change with this man in charge. He is a busted flush, a con man and a bullshitter!!
Haha not really!
And take a look at my half time comments - the 2nd half played out very much like I thought that it would.

Yes I have been more positive recently - basically due to the fact that I no longer give the corrupt regime anymore of my money...and that has meant that I am now less emotionally invested in the team. I am also not prepared to let Wenger make me miserable anymore.