Arsenal v Man Utd (H) Sat 2nd Dec 17:30 (live on BT)

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Perryashburtongroves

Re: Arsenal v Man Utd (H) Sat 2nd Dec 17:30 (live on BT)

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

So far this season we have played Man City, Man Utd, bindippers and Chavs and amassed the grand total of 1 point. Thank fuck we had the whole catalyst for change shit going on.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

They’re such an average side. Glenn Hoddle kept trying to push his analysis that they are amazing on the break but they created next to nothing other than the two goals we gave them.

Lacazette gave them a torrid time and their defenders ended up giving him a yard of space because they were scared. They defended like a pub side and only a devastating combination of poor finishing and world class goalkeeping kept it to one.

Astounding that after gifting them one goal then we proceeded to gift them another. and then instead of tearing Mustafi’s head off like any self/respecting keeper, Cech goes and puts an arm around his shoulder. Koscielny looked like a complete twat for that third goal - his capacity to have these disastrous games is what marks him out from the top CBs.

With United down to 10 and camped in their own box the game was crying out for Wilshere who has that creativity in those zones. Instead he lobbed on Welbeck and Giroud who were both predictably garbage and we completely lost our shape, creating nothing.

Wenger can moan all he likes but how many big games do you expect to win conceding 3 goals?

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:32 am
xisstential wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:06 pm
Redarmy wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:31 pm
markyp wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:17 pm
NickF wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:52 pm

Agreed, but Cech wasn't the reason we lost the game, poor defending was.
the first goal was a shocker straight through his legs
the guy is past it, too fucking slow reacting....saying that yes defending was very poor, but no real surprise there....

Did anyone expect anything else?
Yea...Gunner Rob did.

As for getting the banners out,,,FUCK THAT...after the next 2 wins the "positivity" will be back up through the roof.

Protests have to be done with the guys who know..who know..who know...it is NEVER going to change with this man in charge. He is a busted flush, a con man and a bullshitter!!
Haha not really!
And take a look at my half time comments - the 2nd half played out very much like I thought that it would.

Yes I have been more positive recently - basically due to the fact that I no longer give the corrupt regime anymore of my money...and that has meant that I am now less emotionally invested in the team. I am also not prepared to let Wenger make me miserable anymore.
So are you saying your emotions and emotional investment (no pun intended) in something is dictated by how much money you spend? And how you measure how positive/negative/happy/un-happy you are?

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

For me. two things decided the game yesterday:

DaGea was awesome and at the very top of his game (and then some) - he marshalled a defence that had been well drilled and gave everything.

We had a defence who are not coached and drilled in defensive tactics and co-ordination on a regular/weekly basis (as a unit nor individually - that's both the back-line and the mid-field) in honing their defensive skills AND they were backed by a goalie (sadly) long past his prime and is well on his way on the downside of his career.

It was the individual skills of our famous back four AND the ability to work as a Total Unit that made them what they were and still are recognised as 'The Best Back Line' in the history of English Football....and how was that achieved? They worked on it day in - day out - till they could do it in their sleep....under a certain George Graham....who accepted nothing less that 101% and if a player was out of synch/off form or not giving 101% he was dropped.

ergo: It - the loss was down to our manager - had the defence been coached (at all by the look of it to work as a 'Unit') we wold have won. Every time they got the ball out of defence to either pogba (dirty cunnt) or martial and lindgard they had the whole width of the middle of the pitch to run freely in...THAT was down to us and maureenel cunto seeing it and knowing how to exploit our utter shambles o a defence.

And so we continue to get embarrassed by the other top' teams and of course occasionally by teams we should be putting to the sword... OH! Well, only two years of this current contract to go before he signs another fuckker.

General

Post by General »

A simple defensive mistake should not suddenly cause a team's structure to collapse. It's akin to having a flat tyre and the entire car falling apart. It shouldn't happen even for a jalopy. Players lose the ball all the time, the price you pay comes down to how well the team is coached without the ball and their ability to recover it. We can blame individual players all we want but it is clear the problems lie deeper than that.

Even after Koscielny relinquished possession, there were plenty of opportunities to minimise the risk, we did not and ended up with 3players marking one player leaving Valencia free to slam the ball home. Second goal was the same thing - Xhaka offloads ball to Mustafi under pressure, no one gave Mustafi a passing option and Monreal insisted of staying wide instead of dropping deep possibly for fear of getting scapegoated if he lost the ball. Mustafi then dwells and inevitably gets dispossessed. Again, we had the opportunity to mitigate the risk. No one kept up with Lingard and Xhaka showed little spatial awareness of the danger. These are clear systemic issues and many of them were on show against Huddersfield but got glossed over by the 5-0 win. It was the same against Leicester and some argued that it was the first game of the season we are still finding our feet etc etc.

You can replace Koscielny with Gallas, Toure, Senderos, Vermaelen, Djourou etc and you would've witnessed the same result. The combination of a midfield that can't play under pressure and a poorly drilled team off the ball is always a disaster waiting to happen. Determined cup final like performance like the one against Spurs can only go so far in compensating for these inherent issues. Against two thirds of the PL, our superior quality usually sees us through and this only serves to feed the flipfloppers who can't see beyond their noses.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 010853.stm

2goals inside 11minutes, the first from a simple counter attack, and United played with 10men for a good 15minutes. Sounds familiar?

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:30 am
Gunner Rob wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:32 am
xisstential wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:06 pm
Redarmy wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:31 pm
markyp wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:17 pm

the first goal was a shocker straight through his legs
the guy is past it, too fucking slow reacting....saying that yes defending was very poor, but no real surprise there....

Did anyone expect anything else?
Yea...Gunner Rob did.

As for getting the banners out,,,FUCK THAT...after the next 2 wins the "positivity" will be back up through the roof.

Protests have to be done with the guys who know..who know..who know...it is NEVER going to change with this man in charge. He is a busted flush, a con man and a bullshitter!!
Haha not really!
And take a look at my half time comments - the 2nd half played out very much like I thought that it would.

Yes I have been more positive recently - basically due to the fact that I no longer give the corrupt regime anymore of my money...and that has meant that I am now less emotionally invested in the team. I am also not prepared to let Wenger make me miserable anymore.
So are you saying your emotions and emotional investment (no pun intended) in something is dictated by how much money you spend? And how you measure how positive/negative/happy/un-happy you are?
not really the money, more the fact that as i no longer go to games I am obviously going to be more detached from the club

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Yes, but you, me and the world know that once a fan of a football club (unless that fan is a melt) we are fans of that club for life and they have us by our heart strings with regards how they are doing etc..I haven't spent a penny on anything "Arsenal" for 4 years now, but even when I try to ignore the fact they are playing I still have to check on the score etc...

Which is part of the reason we all get so emotional on here - the frustration, anger, even 'hate' towards wenger and the board...because they are destroying something we genuinely Love.

:cry:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Thankfully the period between 5.30 and 7.30 last night provided me with the perfect opportunity to put the Christmas tree and decorations up - I see TO1AW is back to being Maureen's bitch again and we're back in 5th.

Never thought I'd see the day when I'd spurn the chance to watch us play Man Ure but the wig wearing c.unt and his cronies have killed off any lingering interest I have.

Tree looks nice though - Merry Christmas everyone

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

augie

Post by augie »

Everyone in the meeja and footballing world are applauding our team for the way that we took over the game after going 2 down, but isn't it very possible that they allowed us to take over instead of us forcibly taking control ? To me the manure team were basically saying "we have our 2 goal lead and now we are just gonna sit back with job done" - it was a bizarre tactical decision imo cos they were absolutely raping us going forward, but then again maybe they knew that their defence was shit and decided that sitting in front of them was the best way to protect them ? It would have backfired on them were it not for brilliance of de gea.

Every season we bemoan the fact that we collapse midway through only to finish strong when there is fcuk all to play for - yesterday's game summed up our groundhog seasons in that 90 minutes cos putting up a valiant effort after losing the game in the first 11 minutes is fcuk all use to anybody. When wanking ourselves silly over the great efforts at a comeback (and it was a great effort), we should ask ourselves how bad the scoreline could have looked if they didn't sit back after the second goal, cos our defence sure as shit wwas there for the taking all fcuking day :banghead:

markyp

Post by markyp »

augie wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:29 pm
Everyone in the meeja and footballing world are applauding our team for the way that we took over the game after going 2 down, but isn't it very possible that they allowed us to take over instead of us forcibly taking control ? To me the manure team were basically saying "we have our 2 goal lead and now we are just gonna sit back with job done" - it was a bizarre tactical decision imo cos they were absolutely raping us going forward, but then again maybe they knew that their defence was shit and decided that sitting in front of them was the best way to protect them ? It would have backfired on them were it not for brilliance of de gea.

Every season we bemoan the fact that we collapse midway through only to finish strong when there is fcuk all to play for - yesterday's game summed up our groundhog seasons in that 90 minutes cos putting up a valiant effort after losing the game in the first 11 minutes is fcuk all use to anybody. When wanking ourselves silly over the great efforts at a comeback (and it was a great effort), we should ask ourselves how bad the scoreline could have looked if they didn't sit back after the second goal, cos our defence sure as shit wwas there for the taking all fcuking day :banghead:
agree augie,utd took the lead then parked the bus,yes we played some mesmerising football at times and really dug in but when utd wanted to break they pissed straight through us,had we gotten level then im sure within 2 minutes of the restart they have pissed through us again and taken the lead once more,utd let us have the ball and play

Offside

Post by Offside »

I haven't posted here much recently (what's the point?) but I was watching the game with my mate who supports Man Utd. He was a bit worried because of Arsenal's recent good form but I told him he had nothing to worry about.

The defeat shows why nobody takes Arsenal seriously.

Almunia is a clown

Post by Almunia is a clown »

What a load of shite, got freemans for me & the lad so went in the spacebowl cannons franchise for the 2nd time since the syrup took over at Arsene Stanley PLC in '09. Still not given any cash to the criminals since that date. :barscarf:

Shite atmoshpere, shite support full of AKB's & tourists, even worse a totally shite tactical & defensive display, how fucking easy were the manc goals FFS!

On the way out listening to loads of complete numpties saying to each other that we deserved to win, because more shots at goal & more possession & the Mancs were lucky WTF? Who are these cúnts!

At least a few old lads were clued up, slaughtering the defensive tactics & performance & saying Herbert Chapman would be spinning in his grave.

:cussing: Our club is fucked from top to bottom, including most of the moronic AKB's, th e sort of cúnts who only started going "footie" since Euro 96. :box: :box: :box:

Much rather go in the boozer with the old school support who refuse to pay for this shite!

AkneyGooner

Post by AkneyGooner »

GranadaJoe wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:58 pm
markyp wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:22 pm
the difference today is simple,they have De Gea and we have Pete the Plank,a decent keeper for us and we win that game

Did you watch the game?

Cech made a brilliant save to stop us going further behind and wasn't at fault for any of the goals. I don't think he's good enough for us but your analysis is nonsense.
With all of his teammates in front of him Kos passed straight to an opponent for the first goal and couldn't even stay goalside of his man for the second. Mustafi had a couple of simple passes he could have made but fell over his Beckenbauer-delusion instead.
How was any of that Cech's fault?

Agree with this, our centerbacks lost us this game, more that any other part of the team.

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

The performance of our CB'S yesterday was beyond shit, and again shows the problem with Wanker. He sees a player put in a few decent performances(Koscienly) and thinks he never needs to improve in that position. Kos has a job for life, when anyone who has watched us long enough, can see he is a mixture of decent and embarrassingly bad,on any different day. Apart from that, what is the point of Iwobi? He runs around a lot, but has zero shooting ability, and doesn't seem to link the play either. The fact that Wilshere couldn't get on in front of him, is mind-boggling.

General

Post by General »

I see the blaming of players has reached fever pitch.

Blame the fraud who coaches them or as a mater of fact refuses to coach them properly.

yes he wasn't great yesterday but Koscielny would walk into any side in the PL.