Arsenal v Man Utd (H) Sat 2nd Dec 17:30 (live on BT)

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
General

Re: Arsenal v Man Utd (H) Sat 2nd Dec 17:30 (live on BT)

Post by General »

AkneyGooner wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:04 pm
GranadaJoe wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:58 pm
markyp wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:22 pm
the difference today is simple,they have De Gea and we have Pete the Plank,a decent keeper for us and we win that game

Did you watch the game?

Cech made a brilliant save to stop us going further behind and wasn't at fault for any of the goals. I don't think he's good enough for us but your analysis is nonsense.
With all of his teammates in front of him Kos passed straight to an opponent for the first goal and couldn't even stay goalside of his man for the second. Mustafi had a couple of simple passes he could have made but fell over his Beckenbauer-delusion instead.
How was any of that Cech's fault?

Agree with this, our centerbacks lost us this game, more that any other part of the team.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

General wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:45 pm
I see the blaming of players has reached fever pitch.

Blame the fraud who coaches them or as a mater of fact refuses to coach them properly.

yes he wasn't great yesterday but Koscielny would walk into any side in the PL.
Koscielny basically cost us two goals yesterday in a game where United basically created two other chances. Two absolutely abysmal pieces of defending - Pogba embarrassed him.

I don’t like Wenger any more than anybody else on here but I’m surprised that anybody thinks that Koscielny deserves anything less than eviscerating for that shower of shit.

General

Post by General »

northbank123 wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:53 pm
General wrote:

Blame the fraud who coaches them or as a mater of fact refuses to coach them properly.

Koscielny basically cost us two goals yesterday in a game where United basically created two other chances. Two absolutely abysmal pieces of defending - Pogba embarrassed him.

I don’t like Wenger any more than anybody else on here but I’m surprised that anybody thinks that Koscielny deserves anything less than eviscerating for that shower of shit.
You can replace Koscielny with Toure, Gallas, Sagna or whoever and you would've witnessed the same result. What does that tell you?

United also hit he post.

We've conceded 7more goals than flipping Burnley and more than double United's.

We've gone through several defenders over the years yet the issues remain the same. Try and put your emotions to one side and look at the bigger picture.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

northbank123 wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:14 am
They’re such an average side. Glenn Hoddle kept trying to push his analysis that they are amazing on the break but they created next to nothing other than the two goals we gave them.

Lacazette gave them a torrid time and their defenders ended up giving him a yard of space because they were scared. They defended like a pub side and only a devastating combination of poor finishing and world class goalkeeping kept it to one.

Astounding that after gifting them one goal then we proceeded to gift them another. and then instead of tearing Mustafi’s head off like any self/respecting keeper, Cech goes and puts an arm around his shoulder. Koscielny looked like a complete twat for that third goal - his capacity to have these disastrous games is what marks him out from the top CBs.

With United down to 10 and camped in their own box the game was crying out for Wilshere who has that creativity in those zones. Instead he lobbed on Welbeck and Giroud who were both predictably garbage and we completely lost our shape, creating nothing.

Wenger can moan all he likes but how many big games do you expect to win conceding 3 goals?
You're so right mate - I just looked at their fucking back line from yesterday. Rojo, Linderof and "Mike" Smalling - fuck me, there's no way that lot are getting near a title or Chumps League success any time soon. De Gea is the best around thankfully for them......I still don't buy into the Pogba myth and as for Mr Hot and Cold himself aka Lukaku.....sometimes he looks awesome, other times he makes Xhaka look like one of the game's artists.

Oh yeah.....they still beat us 3-1 but what's new eh? Remember one of Agent Moyes' only decent wins at ManUre was against our limpdicks and we also extended Van Gaal's stay there.

Under pressure and desperate to save your job - call on Arsene's bottlejobs to save your bacon. I'm sure we can do the same for Southampton's latest imposter next weekend

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

northbank123 wrote:
They’re such an average side. Glenn Hoddle kept trying to push his analysis that they are amazing on the break but they created next to nothing other than the two goals we gave them.

Lacazette gave them a torrid time and their defenders ended up giving him a yard of space because they were scared. They defended like a pub side and only a devastating combination of poor finishing and world class goalkeeping kept it to one.

Astounding that after gifting them one goal then we proceeded to gift them another. and then instead of tearing Mustafi’s head off like any self/respecting keeper, Cech goes and puts an arm around his shoulder. Koscielny looked like a complete twat for that third goal - his capacity to have these disastrous games is what marks him out from the top CBs.

With United down to 10 and camped in their own box the game was crying out for Wilshere who has that creativity in those zones. Instead he lobbed on Welbeck and Giroud who were both predictably garbage and we completely lost our shape, creating nothing.

Wenger can moan all he likes but how many big games do you expect to win conceding 3 goals?
If they are an average side, fuck knows what that makes us. United have been on a downturn since Fergie left, but this season they are comfortably good enough to finish in the top 4. Last season they were reliant on Ibra for their goals, this season even with lukak's goals drying up they are scoring from all positions.

I would go as far to say laca is a better striker than lukak who for me has never really consistently done it versus other big teams. But the big difference between our teams is they have Pogba, truly world class, we have Ramsey (I only turn up for Wales) and Granit, both of whom who aren't a patch on Arsenal midfielders in years gone by. Ramsey, in particular, has this aura about himself running around like he is the dogs bollocks, trying flick after flick that never comes off.

If you have Mourinho and Wenger coaching the same back 4, you know who is going to concede fewer goals. Given that, yesterday was a freak game with their goalkeeper proving how world class he is. Our goalkeeper used to be world class.

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

General wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:52 pm
AkneyGooner wrote:
GranadaJoe wrote:
markyp wrote:
the difference today is simple,they have De Gea and we have Pete the Plank,a decent keeper for us and we win that game

Did you watch the game?

Cech made a brilliant save to stop us going further behind and wasn't at fault for any of the goals. I don't think he's good enough for us but your analysis is nonsense.
With all of his teammates in front of him Kos passed straight to an opponent for the first goal and couldn't even stay goalside of his man for the second. Mustafi had a couple of simple passes he could have made but fell over his Beckenbauer-delusion instead.

Agree with this, our centerbacks lost us this game, more that any other part of the team.
Great still of 4 Arsenal players attracted to the ball as Mackeral are attracted to Silver Foil, 4 out of seven hooks taken, honestly schoolboys have more brains than this shower, Valencia got the goal with a double nutmeg on defender and keeper, nutzzzzz!... :banghead:

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

:blah: :blah: :blah: We fucked up bad today. They were as weak as they'll get & still managed to get the result & that's all that matters. Same old story. :barscarf: :barscarf:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

General wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:02 pm
northbank123 wrote:
General wrote:

You can replace Koscielny with Toure, Gallas, Sagna or whoever and you would've witnessed the same result. What does that tell you?

United also hit he post.

We've gone through several defenders over the years yet the issues remain the same. Try and put your emotions to one side and look at the bigger picture.
Look mate you are trying to battle straw man arguments. I’m not saying Koscieny isn’t a very good defender. I’m not saying we would be better with Gallas etc or if we sold him. I’m not saying we would have won with Cygan at centre back or whatever argument you’re going to try and knock down next.

I’m saying Koscieny was fucking useless yesterday and he cost us. Pretty hard to argue with that.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:12 pm
northbank123 wrote:

You're so right mate - I just looked at their fucking back line from yesterday. Rojo, Linderof and "Mike" Smalling - fuck me, there's no way that lot are getting near a title or Chumps League success any time soon. De Gea is the best around thankfully for them......I still don't buy into the Pogba myth and as for Mr Hot and Cold himself aka Lukaku.....sometimes he looks awesome, other times he makes Xhaka look like one of the game's artists.

Oh yeah.....they still beat us 3-1 but what's new eh? Remember one of Agent Moyes' only decent wins at ManUre was against our limpdicks and we also extended Van Gaal's stay there.

Under pressure and desperate to save your job - call on Arsene's bottlejobs to save your bacon. I'm sure we can do the same for Southampton's latest imposter next weekend
I actually don’t mind Lacazette but I’ve not seen anybody make him look half as good as united defence yesterday. Absolutely terrified of him and every time the ball went near him he managed to bring it down and recycle.

Lukaku was complete garbage too.

Phil Neville reckons this lot are capable of challenging City. Must be joking. I reckon City will go there and win by three goals. Chelsea are a much better team than United, although they can’t be bothered half the time and Conte won’t be here this time next year.

General

Post by General »

northbank123 wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:22 pm
General wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:02 pm
northbank123 wrote:
General wrote:

United also hit he post.

Look mate you are trying to battle straw man arguments. I’m not saying Koscieny isn’t a very good defender. I’m not saying we would be better with Gallas etc or if we sold him. I’m not saying we would have won with Cygan at centre back or whatever argument you’re going to try and knock down next.

I’m saying Koscieny was fucking useless yesterday and he cost us. Pretty hard to argue with that.
Sorry mate but I'm not buying this simplistic argument. A simple defensive error should not lead to a catastrophic collapse of the system. Koscielny didn't cost us, the lousy system and lack of proper drilling did and only one man is to blame for that. You have 4defenders marking one player yet people are still hyperventilating about a lose ball near the half way line. Take Koscielny out of that backline and the scoreline would've been worse.

There's this misconception that we gifted United 2goals. No we didn't, United forced those errors with a proper press and got their just rewards.

Swifty

Post by Swifty »

Fact is Mourihno - love him or hate him - just has the wood on Wenger. Wenger has never won against him in 14 starts and the goal differential says it all - Mourihno side's goals for 24, Wenger side's goals 6. You can bag Koscielny as much as you like but as someone else said, if not him it would just be someone else. You can also say De Gea was great but then you could also recall that we average 0.43 goals per match against Mourihno so in fact we overachieved.
Wenger says maybe Arsenal were nervous - you know who was nervous? Wenger - he is scared shitless of Mourihno and Mourihno and his team know it.
They say these tow have a rivalry - bullshit! Wenger is his b#tch.

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Much as i hate to praise other teams players, the difference between Matic and our holding players was utterly apparant yesterday, how many times did he block shots, tackle players or generally make a nuisance of himself in their box, on the other hand where were Ramsey and Xhaka every time they got to our end of the pitch...... :banghead:

Kos and Mustafi were woeful again yesterday and much as some of you want to throw all the blame at Wenger they are professional footballers earning a lot of money and have to take the blame for things when they are on the pitch and not doing a defenders job correctly :roll:

greengooner

Post by greengooner »

Zero progress for yet another season, 3 matches played against established/competing top 4 sides and they have yielded no points and a 2-10 deficit in goals.... catalyst for change my hole

markyp

Post by markyp »

General wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:52 pm
AkneyGooner wrote:
GranadaJoe wrote:
markyp wrote:

Did you watch the game?

the first goal was a pathetic shot through his legs,any keeper would have saved that in any league,that set the tone for the game,he doesn't bark orders at the defence,he does fuck all,could you imagine Lehmann letting that shot in or let the defence get away with murder??

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

Arsehole Wenger along with Krusty Kroenke and his Kronies are the death of this club...
January sales coming up soon, bye bye Ozil and Sanchez to further boost the big 2 Mancunians!, great opportunity for a protest...
Wonder what our leader has up his sleeve....?