the europa league .thur 20-05 ko v BATE

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Re: the europa league .thur 20-05 ko v BATE

Post by DB10GOONER »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:43 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:01 am
I'm gonna have to cúnt myself for sounding like one of those "I hate Arsenal, I'm more bitter than you" type tossers, but I 100% genuinely forgot this was on... :oops: :oops: :lol:
Well you must be the only one on here who hasn’t :roll: :lol:

About time tbf :barscarf:
:barscarf: :lol:

Jumpers For Goalposts

Post by Jumpers For Goalposts »

In 30 years they will bring out a commemorative DVD of this glorious, glorious night and a small handful of people will be able to say "I was there"

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Bradywasking wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:22 am
Watched this and my lasting impression is that I cannot believe how bad Danny Welbeck was. His decontamination making and touch were awful, so bad that he accidently set up a goal for Feo by overrunning a ball.
It was a dead rubber game played out in front of 20,000 people..yet rather than give Nkeiath 70 to 90 minutes the genuis started Welbeck and Giroud . I know they are not regular starters in the "first" team , but they will probably be on the bench at Southampton. Was Wenger's thinking that Welbeck and Giroud score a hat full and he will look a genuis for masterminding a massacre.?
Bate were probably the worst team I have ever seen Arsenal play on TV..
Finally I had to watch it on the EirSport channel, Brian KERR mystery be the most monotonous pundit around....Very forgetable game .

Actually even though I said EirSport were monotonous the commentator said of all the English players on the pitch for Arsenal and others that none of them have really developed under Wenger...Not often you actually hear that from a commentator or pundit..

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

DB10GOONER wrote:
I'm gonna have to cúnt myself for sounding like one of those "I hate Arsenal, I'm more bitter than you" type tossers, but I 100% genuinely forgot this was on... :oops: :oops: :lol:
what you mean you MISSED one of the great Arsenal european nights!! :shock: :wink:

6-0! :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:26 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
what you mean you MISSED one of the great Arsenal european nights!! :shock: :wink:

6-0! :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:
:lol: :lol:

Yep. Totally missed it. :oops: :oops:

:D :wink:

oaodan

Post by oaodan »

Bradywasking wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:22 am
Watched this and my lasting impression is that I cannot believe how bad Danny Welbeck was. His decontamination making and touch were awful, so bad that he accidently set up a goal for Feo by overrunning a ball.
It was a dead rubber game played out in front of 20,000 people..yet rather than give Nkeiath 70 to 90 minutes the genuis started Welbeck and Giroud . I know they are not regular starters in the "first" team , but they will probably be on the bench at Southampton. Was Wenger's thinking that Welbeck and Giroud score a hat full and he will look a genuis for masterminding a massacre.?
Bate were probably the worst team I have ever seen Arsenal play on TV..
Finally I had to watch it on the EirSport channel, Brian KERR mystery be the most monotonous pundit around....Very forgetable game .
Watched the highlights.Thought Welbeck and Wally were rusty, then realised that's as good as their first touch gets.Felt sorry for the guy that gave away the penalty,Theo hadn't a clue what the plan was so how could the poor defender?

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Just think, we left the Garden of Eden of world football to finish behind Leicester in the league and play in the UEFA cup in a half empty sterile shopping centre against a team of greengrocers and postmen from Bella magazine.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

In moving to compete with Europe's elite this is what its all about guys - will it be the serial trophy winners Ostersund, the mega rich Ludogorets or a money spinning tie with FC Kobehnavn

All hail Lord Wenger for managing to haul us into this new glorious era of swatting aside the likes of Koln and BATE.

Pass me a cushion someone before I stand up and take someone's eye out

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Jumpers For Goalposts wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:52 am
In 30 years they will bring out a commemorative DVD of this glorious, glorious night and a small handful of people will be able to say "I was there"
yup! It'll have to be a Limited Edition! a100 or so me thinks :lol:

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:46 pm
In moving to compete with Europe's elite this is what its all about guys - will it be the serial trophy winners Ostersund, the mega rich Ludogorets or a money spinning tie with FC Kobehnavn

All hail Lord Wenger for managing to haul us into this new glorious era of swatting aside the likes of Koln and BATE.

You forgot Aek Athens :D it's not Olympiakos but it's close enough for Rodders your good self and i :barscarf:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

falkirk goon wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:23 am
SteveO 35 wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:46 pm

You forgot Aek Athens :D it's not Olympiakos but it's close enough for Rodders your good self and i :barscarf:
I'm already knocking one out at the prospect mate :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

phpBB [video]

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:01 pm
Just think, we left the Garden of Eden of world football to finish behind Leicester in the league and play in the UEFA cup in a half empty sterile shopping centre against a team of greengrocers and postmen from Bella magazine.
To quote the great Johnny Rotten: "Ever get the feeling you've been cheated?". :(

beck

Post by beck »

Paulio wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:24 pm
As group winners arsenal can't draw any of the champions league teams so Napoli or Athletico will have to wait. Will likely be another eastern European team in the next round
Only the 4 best 3 rd placed finishers in the champions league group stages are seeded
So we could have drawn Napoli

beck

Post by beck »

markyp wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:04 am
I can see why we left highbury now,what a fantastic night in front of one mad and his dog against one of europes top top teams :barscarf:
Yes
I was at Highbury among the 22'000 that saw us go out to winterslag in 81
Don't remember them putting rose tinted glasses on the seats though