the europa league .thur 20-05 ko v BATE

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
REB

the europa league .thur 20-05 ko v BATE

Post by REB »

i wonder how many empty seats at the grounds next thursday night ? another chance for those that do go to watch the youngsters .

SteveO 35

Re: the europa league .thur 20-05 ko v BATE

Post by SteveO 35 »

This makes the traditional Match Day Six in Pireus look like the Chumps League final itself. A bunch of academy players playing against Belarus's finest.

Thank fuck we moved grounds for nights like this.....

Jumpers For Goalposts

Post by Jumpers For Goalposts »

In my 40 years supporting Arsenal, this must be the most uninspiring, the most unattractive match I can remember.

Can anyone think of a single reason why I would pay to watch Belarus's finest huffing and puffing against the latest versions of Emmanuel-Thomas, Randall and Frimpong, on a thursday evening in December, with nothing at stake ????

Modern Arsenal - slowly declining to the point where rearranging a sock drawer is more fun

Brightonnxtround

Post by Brightonnxtround »

Jumpers For Goalposts wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:13 pm
In my 40 years supporting Arsenal, this must be the most uninspiring, the most unattractive match I can remember.

Can anyone think of a single reason why I would pay to watch Belarus's finest huffing and puffing against the latest versions of Emmanuel-Thomas, Randall and Frimpong, on a thursday evening in December, with nothing at stake ????

Modern Arsenal - slowly declining to the point where rearranging a sock drawer is more fun
Very good :D :D :D

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

The winning run starts again :barscarf:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

I used to think it was just the CL that I hated for being an overblown, overly-convoluted, boring load of old shite, but I honestly think it is European football in general... I just cannot motivate myself to give even one single fuck about this competition.... :|

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:41 am
I used to think it was just the CL that I hated for being an overblown, overly-convoluted, boring load of old shite, but I honestly think it is European football in general... I just cannot motivate myself to give even one single fuck about this competition.... :|
I think anything ''group stage'' related is going to be convoluted to a point because, unless you need a win, there is no real thrill, come the fourth game.

It would be far more ''thrilling'' to have a knock-out style competition, throughout

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Yet another load of W.A.N.K that has no bearing on our club, other than to make more money and be-little the great name of Arsenal F.C.

#FUCKOFFWENGERYOUCUNT

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Winning the UEFA cup would be great. Its not a money making scheme at all, dont you have to make it to the final to break even the prize money is so poor.

A European Competition we finally have a chance of winning :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: UtG

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

flash gunner wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:39 pm
Winning the UEFA cup would be great. Its not a money making scheme at all, dont you have to make it to the final to break even the prize money is so poor.

A European Competition we finally have a chance of winning :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: UtG
Yeah, and I should be feeling that, but I dunno, I'm just so demotivated about football in general, but especially European stuff. I wish all European football comps could return to simple knock out comps with ONLY the champions of each country in the Champions League and only the runners up in the second tier comp - but of course it never will because of the greedy filth that run the game. :| :censored:

Leyton Gooner
Location: Lokomotiv Plovdiv in the Channel 5 Thursday night cup

Post by Leyton Gooner »

Agree this game is fucking pointless but I'm looking forward to the knockout stuff far more than any remaining domestic fixture (league or cup). Might actually watch a bit when it gets serious. Still think we'll be out as soon as we play Milan, Lyon or any of the Chumps League rejects though.

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:57 pm
flash gunner wrote:

Yeah, and I should be feeling that, but I dunno, I'm just so demotivated about football in general, but especially European stuff. I wish all European football comps could return to simple knock out comps with ONLY the champions of each country in the Champions League and only the runners up in the second tier comp - but of course it never will because of the greedy filth that run the game. :| :censored:
Yeah all this group stage bollox is sooo tedious, especially in the CL, 95% of the time the two 'big' teams in each group go through.

Boggles the mind why people pay good money to watch group stage games in general, then again boggles the mind why people pay good money to watch Arsene Stanley PLC full stop.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

flash gunner wrote:

Whilst it makes a refreshing change to the cup we'll never win, we've got away with playing our stiffs against the worst team in the Bundesliga and second rate shite from eastern Europe. We all know that when he throws Nelson, Willock et al to the wolves next time we draw a half decent team in the knockouts we'll be out, and he'll back concentrating on the glory of finishing 4th.

I'm far more interested in this than any CL game over the past 5 years or so, but still not enough to consider going and watching it

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

Can't wait to see Captain Feo again prancing about doing fuck all showing the youngsters absolutely nothing, except maybe how useless you can be and earn heaps !!. 2-0 to us but who cares ?. :barscarf: :barscarf:

Leyton Gooner
Location: Lokomotiv Plovdiv in the Channel 5 Thursday night cup

Post by Leyton Gooner »

Athletico Madrid drop down from the Chumps League.

That's the end of that then. :lol: