Southampton vs Arsenal (A) 12pm Sunday 10/12/17 live on BT Sport

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Clash

Re: Southampton vs Arsenal (A) 12pm Sunday 10/12/17 live on BT Sport

Post by Clash »

Surprised myself by managing to endure the entire 94 mins of this.

Slow start yet again. Lessons not learned obviously :roll:

Metersacker and Monreal appalling on the goal but just as bad was the BGV living to his new name by standing a good 10 yards off and only being concerned with protecting his bollocks, allowing a Southampton player to line up his short that clipped the top of the bar. Absolute cowardice and a real lack of desire to keep the ball out. And this is the fucking club captain :oops:

Brilliant header from Giroud. I love goals like that ... but the performance didnt merit the point.

Oh and Wenger moaning about time wasting is beyond ironic (and moronic) when his team wastes 80+ mins fucking around trying to look pretty.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Clash wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:39 pm
Surprised myself by managing to endure the entire 94 mins of this.

Slow start yet again. Lessons not learned obviously :roll:

Metersacker and Monreal appalling on the goal but just as bad was the BGV living to his new name by standing a good 10 yards off and only being concerned with protecting his bollocks, allowing a Southampton player to line up his short that clipped the top of the bar. Absolute cowardice and a real lack of desire to keep the ball out. And this is the fucking club captain :oops:

Brilliant header from Giroud. I love goals like that ... but the performance didnt merit the point.

Oh and Wenger moaning about time wasting is beyond ironic (and moronic) when his team wastes 80+ mins fucking around trying to look pretty.
Spot on....

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

The continuing :blah: :blah: :blah: on Wengers 21 years with the club along with the :blah: :blah: :blah:
of the longest serving manager in English football begs the question...
"Is he not out of touch?"

His antics on the line are truly embarrassing, the flapping of the arms along with whinging at the 4th official is so unnecessary, I liken him to an old fart that has been let out of the old peoples home for the day..

General

Post by General »

It doesn't take a genius to see our structural weaknesses. Team looks punch drunk right from the off because they don't know what they are doing when they don't have the ball. The entire midfield strolls 10yards forward leaving a big hole for the opposition to drive at the defence. Against a top side we would've been 2-0down again and some fans still think United was an accident.

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

Allgunsblazin wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:19 pm
Bradywasking wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:09 pm
Allgunsblazin wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:02 pm
Allgunsblazin wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:29 am
Let's start off Super Sunday with a Draw at St Mary's coz we ain't gonna win that is for sure, bit cold out there!... 8)
Kerching 14/5 for the draw, thanks to the bottlers, the gifts that keep on giving!... :barscarf:
Tis the season to be jolly... :lol:

Merseyside draw a coming !.... 8)

Any idea of the odds on three draws today ?
79.8/1,I have a Lady Godiva riding on all three draws, and Merseyside was 5/1 :shock:
Another draw! :barscarf:
Do I cash out at £92.08 ?
Or let ir ride for another draw on the Manc derby for £399.00?

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

No team has conceded more goals in the opening 15 minutes of Premier League games than Arsenal (5) this season.

Record breaking Wanka :barscarf:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Wenger today...

I felt that the Manchester United game played a bit of a part in the head of our defenders," he said.

"They were a bit apprehensive to start well again and that's why it is sometimes not good to talk about the problem because you create a bigger one."

Fucking hell, don't talk about the problem, that really is his coaching technique......What a joke :banghead:

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

Allgunsblazin wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:10 pm
Allgunsblazin wrote:
Bradywasking wrote:
Allgunsblazin wrote:
Allgunsblazin wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:29 am
Let's start off Super Sunday with a Draw at St Mary's coz we ain't gonna win that is for sure, bit cold out there!... 8)
Kerching 14/5 for the draw, thanks to the bottlers, the gifts that keep on giving!... :barscarf:

79.8/1,I have a Lady Godiva riding on all three draws, and Merseyside was 5/1 :shock:
Cash out now mate,City will pull United apart,

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

Redarmy wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:18 pm
Wenger today...

I felt that the Manchester United game played a bit of a part in the head of our defenders," he said.

"They were a bit apprehensive to start well again and that's why it is sometimes not good to talk about the problem because you create a bigger one."

Fucking hell, don't talk about the problem, that really is his coaching technique......What a joke :banghead:
If he said that then that's just fucking unacceptable,in fact its disgraceful,so instead of getting players/staff to deal with the issue we wont talk about it in case it creates a bigger problem,and then its ok for it to happen in the next game,just as long as we dont talk about it.

the mans a deluded c*nt,and a fucking embarrassment to the club,take Bould and fuck off both of you

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

Redarmy wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:18 pm
Wenger today...

If he said that then that's just fucking unacceptable,in fact its disgraceful,so instead of getting players/staff to deal with the issue we wont talk about it in case it creates a bigger problem,and then its ok for it to happen in the next game,just as long as we dont talk about it.

the mans a deluded c*nt,and a fucking embarrassment to the club,take Bould and fuck off both of you

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

We're just about clinging to 5th place, until Christmas comes and Liverpool give us another rinsing at the Bowl. Then it will be 6th or lower for the rest of the season which is about right for the team we are.

Xhaka and Ramsey shouldn't be getting a game in any top half PL team, let alone supposed CL contenders. I don't think we've had a weaker central midfield since GG's latter days. I watched the pair of them today - Ramsey was virtually anonymous when we were getting overrun in the first half and in the second half did everything he could to slow down any attacks we did have with 3 extra touches. As for Xhaka......he must be laughing all the way to the bank as he's an absolute imposter of a player, and probably our worst midfielder for decades.....and yes I put Denilson on that list ahead of him. Even the mid 90s robots Hillier, Jensen, Morrow, and Selley could at least tackle and had some sort of defensive credibility. This fucking wanker of a coward we've signed tackles at best like a lumbering ox and at worst like some snidey mock hardman in the mould of a Robbie Savage. Can't pass, can't shoot, can't tackle - absolutely fucking useless. I detest the useless lump almost as much as that pitiful helmet wearing goon we have between the sticks

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

The problem is the clubs around us keep slipping up and cannot pull away so Wenger continues to ride his luck and stay in touch with 4th.

Liverpool have defenders that match ours for "heads gone" moments and just plain stupidity. That penalty they gave away... :shock: :shock: :shock:

No doubt Fat Sam will say they deserved a point.

NickF

Post by NickF »

xisstential wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:43 pm
The problem is the clubs around us keep slipping up and cannot pull away so Wenger continues to ride his luck and stay in touch with 4th.

Liverpool have defenders that match ours for "heads gone" moments and just plain stupidity. That penalty they gave away... :shock: :shock: :shock:

No doubt Fat Sam will say they deserved a point.
Realistically it is very unlikely we would ever finish lower than 6th. If he can keep his job finishing 5th then even as low as 6th wouldn't be a problem.

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

fucking freezing all day for that absolutely shite performance

bellerin and xhaka should have no place near the team unless we get serious injury problems.

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

robbo10 wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:19 pm
Allgunsblazin wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:10 pm
Allgunsblazin wrote:
Bradywasking wrote:
Allgunsblazin wrote:

Cash out now mate,City will pull United apart,
Thought I would leave it a while 1-1 at half time now £132.00!... :?