West Ham v Arsenal Wed 13th @ 8pm live on Bt sports and BT sport 4HD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
sk-gtfo

Re: West Ham v Arsenal Wed 13th @ 8pm live on Bt sports and BT sport 4HD

Post by sk-gtfo »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:38 am
even Keown is beginning to waver in his devotion to the Messiah, he intimated that if this is how things are at the end of the season then Wenger should go.
Haha if even Keown is doubting him now then he's in trouble.

Knowing him though he'll fluke another domestic cup, with a lot of help from drawing rubbish teams, and that will be good enough as we'll have "won another trophy", another day out at Wembley for wiggy w*nker and smiles all round in the boardroom.

Yeah come to think of it I hope we go out in the 3rd round of the cup, crazy as it sounds, that has become Wenger's crutch now and I'll happily sacrifice it if it pushes him closer to the exit.

6th place and no trophies, would that be enough for wiggy to call time on Wenger?, no I doubt it as well..

:banghead:

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Did Wenger actually say " maybe if we had played Saturday and they had played Sunday we would have had the advantage " ?
Saw that online, if true it again proves there is no limit to how he will blame anything but himself.

markyp

Post by markyp »

no doubt in laughing gooners eyes 'another crucial point'.wtf!!! how is it a team can have so much possession match after match after match yet still look so easy to beat???it should defy logic yet this is wenger world so anything goes

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

The reality is we are a mediocre side, (thought this would be a draw) with average to poor players.....drawing to Saints and West Ham is the "next level"....next level down that is....

forget about title challenges for the foreseeable future...or at least in Wengers lifetime

Gazidis would say we are over performing.. :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

https://mobile.twitter.com/btsportfootb ... 08/video/1

Improving away from home...if we had played on the Saturday instead of the Sunday......źzzzzzzzz

General

Post by General »

I said before the game that it was Sanchez's individual brilliance that effectively won us this game last season and the scoreline flattered us. A point isn't a disaster until you realise our away record reads;
P 9 W2 L4 D3 F9 A13
Worst away record since 2006. The decline is real and we are not going to recover from this.

Clash

Post by Clash »

Wasnt there this claim that not being in the CL helped Liverpool seriously challenge for the title in 2014 ... and then helped Leicester and Chelsea win the title in 2016 and 2017 respectively?

I know we're in a european competition but we have been able to play a completely different XI so far so where is our improvement in the league from the 1st choice players?

I'm not expecting us to be up there with City but we have dropped 18 points away from home already. That's the same as 6 defeats. Our goal difference away from home is -4. And despite scoring 5 at Everton we have scored just 9 goals in our 9 away games.

Thank God Wenger signed that contract .... who knows where we would be if it wasnt for him working miracles :barscarf:

General

Post by General »

I think the striker situation has become a bit like the midfield situation. Lacazette is good but he's not the hustling all action terrier that Sanchez was last season and Giroud is nothing more than a super sub. As the arsehole in charge tries to find solutions the margin for error diminishes. He's now got 3home fixtures to excite the AKBs and flippfloppers again until the next disaster unfolds.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Our "beautiful" passing game is a massive misnomer :yawn:

passpasspassgobackwardspasspasspassgobackwardspasspasspass.... :roll: :yawn:

Apart from one or two fantastic sweeping pacey technical goals every season, we are one of the most dreary boring sides to watch. Wenger and his AKB minions live off those couple of great goals, and the retarded media and pundits all wánk themselves into a spunk coma over them, but the truth is you would see the same amount of quality goals over a season if you go watch your average over 35's five-a-side every week. :roll: :oops:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

I have grown to like Giroud this season in his role as substitute....because that's all he is, someone who is capable in that role.
he is not , never has been and never will be a first choice striker at a leading club.

the trouble is that Lacazette is not any better either. we have still yet to replace RVP.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

I have grown to like Giroud this season in his role as substitute....because that's all he is, someone who is capable in that role.
he is not , never has been and never will be a first choice striker at a leading club.

the trouble is that Lacazette is not any better either. we have still yet to replace RVP.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Bradywasking wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:09 am
Did Wenger actually say " maybe if we had played Saturday and they had played Sunday we would have had the advantage " ?
Saw that online, if true it again proves there is no limit to how he will blame anything but himself.
there you go...he never disappoints...

“I think that’s where you see, maybe if they had played on Sunday and we had played on Saturday it might have been different on that front, because they had more physical resources to defend with a lot of decisiveness.”

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:10 am

Tbh fuck the one season wonder judas cúnt - we still haven't replaced Henry. :|

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

Didn’t see results till 10:30 last night after cleaning the hot tub ready for Christmas :barscarf:

Must say not surprised, I predicted a 1-1, read a report this morning that Wilshere played well and xhakas passing was sloppy, nothing new there, we’ve got some utterly average players that we bought for a kings ransom.

The only 2 worth their fee are off either in January for a pittance or for fuck all at the end of the season.

Got to say I’ve hardly seen us play apart from beating the spuds and the Liverpool debacle and I’m certainly not watching us play the likes of saints and wham, I’d rather go unblock my neighbours drain let alone my own :roll: :lol:

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

What a truly horrid display that was last night chaps!
How can people pay to follow such crap, thank god it was on BT Sport.... :?