Arsenal v Newcastle Saturday 16 December 3pm.... (Who will win the sewing machine??)

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
rodders999

Re: Arsenal v Newcastle Saturday 16 December 3pm.... (Who will win the sewing machine??)

Post by rodders999 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:45 pm
rodders999 wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:08 pm
As long as we have 80% possession I'll be happy :barscarf:
How do you feel about a "745 completed passes"-type stat?

Mildly arroused?

or

Explosive ejaculation off the wrist?

:rubchin:
745 would be great but breaking the thousand pass barrier during a 90 minutes would be the absolute dream scenario. This place better be well modded if that day ever comes because it's gonna be dick pic central round here.....courtesy of yours fuking truly :barscarf:

Gunner Rob

Re: Arsenal v Newcastle Saturday 16 December 3pm.... (Who will win the sewing machine??)

Post by Gunner Rob »

bollocks to all this negativity. :D
when we beat Newcastle and Spurs lose to City on Saturday then we could well be back in the top 4. :barscarf:
then a win at home in the league cup and we are in the semi finals :barscarf:

as Ivan Gazidis would say - we are over achieving!

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

I'll forget it's on

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

rodders999 wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:08 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
rodders999 wrote:

Mildly arroused?

or

745 would be great but breaking the thousand pass barrier during a 90 minutes would be the absolute dream scenario. This place better be well modded if that day ever comes because it's gonna be dick pic central round here.....courtesy of yours fuking truly :barscarf:

That day will arrive rodders me little wankaholic. Wenger works on it "tirelessly" and "relentlessly". We push the boundaries of modern football. Someday (and I'm weeping over my own erection as I type this) we will play the perfect game with 1000 completed passes, zero shots on goal, no crosses, and 100% posession. Even the fact we will still manage to somehow lose that game 2-0 will not dent the magic of that achievement. From that day forth "Soccer" and "Football" will be no more, and the tight-jean wearing, beard loving hipsters will call the game "Wengerball". Thank you Jesus. 8)

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:32 pm
rodders999 wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
rodders999 wrote:

Mildly arroused?

or

That day will arrive rodders me little wankaholic. Wenger works on it "tirelessly" and "relentlessly". We push the boundaries of modern football. Someday (and I'm weeping over my own erection as I type this) we will play the perfect game with 1000 completed passes, zero shots on goal, no crosses, and 100% posession. Even the fact we will still manage to somehow lose that game 2-0 will not dent the magic of that achievement. From that day forth "Soccer" and "Football" will be no more, and the tight-jean wearing, beard loving hipsters will call the game "Wengerball". Thank you Jesus. 8)
Amen brother :lol:

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:32 pm
rodders999 wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
rodders999 wrote:

Mildly arroused?

or

1000 completed passes for no yards gained,all sideways..........oh I've got a lazy one just thinking about it,

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

I'm confused, which is the more important stat now 'Expected goals' or 'Adjusted finishing'? :oops:

arsenalmorris

Post by arsenalmorris »

Particularly excited to be making my usual 6 hour round trip to watch what will inevitable be a game consisting of 400+ side to side passes around midfield while we struggle to break down Newcastle's "stubborn" defence.

Hopefully we will scrape a win but i'm 99% sure the game will be boring as hell.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

rodders999 wrote:
As long as we have 8% possession I'll be happy :barscarf:

:shock:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

The tactics will go something like this:

Kick Off + { Leetul Beet Leggy} x Speshul Circumstances <handbrake> Ratio of 11: 1 taking into account

X by Tippy Tappy = a Loss of momentum in the upper echelons of the Permier League Table, : - : (ergo) 7th now replaces 4th, but the manager continues as the dominating factor in the loss of points resulting in the AKB Re-surgence meaning all gains are measured by a total dispensatory module of aclimitisation of the Northern Air factor thus creating Sweet Feck All.

Einstein Said That, but what the bollox would that ceeunt know compared to our glorious leader who knows "Everything About Nothing".

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:07 pm
I'm confused, which is the more important stat now 'Expected goals' or 'Adjusted finishing'? :oops:
Obviously you cannot expect goals if you cannot adjust your finishing. It's not rocket science, please try keep up :lol: :shock: :lol: ...

A leetle beet lacking jaded sumo wrestler in the final third. :? :? :?

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

xisstential wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:04 pm
GoonerMuzz wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:07 pm
Obviously you cannot expect goals if you cannot adjust your finishing. It's not rocket science, please try keep up :lol: :shock: :lol: ...

A leetle beet lacking jaded sumo wrestler in the final third. :? :? :?
Okaaaaaaaay but when you add in the possession % and total pass numbers it gets really really bad and my HND level maths and science can't keep up, surely it was just easier when it was measured in goals for and against to decide who won the match. :cry:

Anyway a struggling Newcastle are bound to get a boost this weekend :roll:

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

Relegation 6 pointer !. :barscarf: :barscarf:

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

Said it before and will say it again
2nd 7th 17th..who gives :roll: win lose draw..who gives :roll:
Club is as stale as those weird white dog shites that you used to see years ago :oops: whatever happened to white dog shites?

markyp

Post by markyp »

if we don't win this one then we will be on an epic slide,our best ever squad according to TOF :lol: