The Fallen Ones

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
supergeorgegraham

Re: The Fallen Ones

Post by supergeorgegraham »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:35 pm
:lol: I just gotta..... :lol:

:moderator: VANITY THREAD ALERT!! :moderator: AWWOOOOOGGGAAAAHHHH!! :moderator: VANITY THREAD ALERT!! :moderator:

Also;

Dirty Leeds are cúnts. Fuck 'em. Thank you. 8)
I like Notts Forest but hate Leeds. They screwed up our 1999 title by beating us with Oleary in control. I was just saying they were a big club. Yes I'm vain :barscarf:

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Been saddened by the recent demise of Leyton O's. Never a big club but sad too see them slip out of the league and nearly in relegation places this season too :cry:

SPUDMASHER

Post by SPUDMASHER »

There are a few clubs that I have a soft spot for aside from Arsenal. They're the ones who's scores I always look out for.

I always look to see how Forest got on. My ex was at Trent Poly during the late 80's and being before the time of personal computer ownership she had to book time on the college computers to do her work. She always seemed to get a Saturday afternoon and if I was in Notts I always went to watch Forest whilst she was busy elsewhere. I grew quite fond of them as a result. don't forget, they also gave us our first kit.
Leyton O's is another one for me. Probably the nearest team to me apart from Colchester (can't stand them). I used to go and watch them from time to time.
I have absolutely no idea why but I always look to see the Swindon score! I have never been to see them but for some reason I quite like them.

Red Snapper

Post by Red Snapper »

SPUDMASHER wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:59 pm
There are a few clubs that I have a soft spot for aside from Arsenal. They're the ones who's scores I always look out for.

I always look to see how Forest got on. My ex was at Trent Poly during the late 80's and being before the time of personal computer ownership she had to book time on the college computers to do her work. She always seemed to get a Saturday afternoon and if I was in Notts I always went to watch Forest whilst she was busy elsewhere. I grew quite fond of them as a result. don't forget, they also gave us our first kit.
Leyton O's is another one for me. Probably the nearest team to me apart from Colchester (can't stand them). I used to go and watch them from time to time.
I have absolutely no idea why but I always look to see the Swindon score! I have never been to see them but for some reason I quite like them.
Agree about the O's, big shame. You can't, under any circumstances, like Swindon :cussing:

NickF

Post by NickF »

SPUDMASHER wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:59 pm

Good man, not liking Colchester United!

Sad about Orient but at least they seem to have survived now. Up at their supporters club next week for a beer festival (They are one of the top clubs voted by CAMRA in the country).

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

Fallen giants of English football. Hmm, I'll go with Wolverhampton wanderers, portsmouth, Derby, Blackburn and sunderland.

What do you mean they aren't "giants" of the english game? Surely any club having won the league title the same or more times than Sp*rs must be giants :shock: :lol:

By the way, burnley have also won the league the same number of times (2) as totnumb :wink: