How do Celtics invincibles compare to ours?

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
SteveO 35

Re: How do Celtics invincibles compare to ours?

Post by SteveO 35 »

I remember going 2 whole seasons unbeaten in our local pub league 20 odd years ago - I think we played tougher oppo than Celtic along the way too

There is no comparison - its like comparing the best go-kart driver in your cul-de-sac to Lewis Hamilton

Tin pot league, tin pot team

augie

Post by augie »

There can be no denying that the standard of Scottish football is absolute shite, but I would love to see celtic and rangers competing in the premier league for a few years - those two clubs are massive in every way possible except the all important wealth, but give them a few seasons of the mega tv money that the English clubs get, and they would certainly enhance the league more than the likes of huddersfield, Watford etc

Clash

Post by Clash »

No comparison for me. The only one in the modern game is maybe the great Milan side's invincible season.

Celtic deserve some credit for going unbeaten so long, even if its just for keeping themselves interested and motivated enough in what is now a tragically boring league ... although its so dire up there maybe they were complacent on a number of occasions and still didnt lose?

Our unbeaten season is incredible really. Think of the places we had to go to compared to Celtic. Anfield, Old Trafford, Stamford Bridge, WHL. St James Park, Goodison Park ... plus potentially tough trips to places like Bolton, Leeds, Villa, Portsmouth etc. To not lose a single game at any of those places (or at home to the same sides) and over the varied conditions of autumn, winter and spring is beyond belief really.

And thats why I do not think City will do it. I can see them still being unbeaten when they're crowned champions ... but that will likely happen very early and its the games they'll have to play after that which I can see them losing. I think that was our most vulnerable time - the games still to play after the title had been won.

Midz

Post by Midz »

How do Celtics invincibles compare to ours?

Quite simply they don't.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Celtic are a bunch of cunntsss - they couldn't play their way out of a relegation battle if they were in the prem...so they can FUCKOFF!.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

ps: Also their manager is a double cunnt who smells like shyte and has lips the same colour as the bottom of someones feet. :barscarf:

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:57 pm
Henry Norris 1913 wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:08 pm
Can just imagine wenger's sanctimonious post match comments if we beat city, all the while sitting 25 points behind them :oops: :lol:
It will be his greatest ever achievement since his las-zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz :yawn:

:D :wink:
"it eez not so eazee to go unbeaten" *cheshire cat smile*

we haven't beaten the bastards yet and i'm already angry :evil: :lol: :barscarf:

GranadaJoe

Post by GranadaJoe »

I've just watched the first half of the Old Firm game.

100mph stuff, but I was shocked how mediocre the players are. Not one player on the pitch today would challenge for a place in our current team, let alone the Invincibles.

I can't imagine how crap the other SPL teams must be.

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

GranadaJoe wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:53 pm
I've just watched the first half of the Old Firm game.

100mph stuff, but I was shocked how mediocre the players are. Not one player on the pitch today would challenge for a place in our current team, let alone the Invincibles.

I can't imagine how crap the other SPL teams must be.
And for years they've said they should be in the Premier League,If they started in Division 4 I doubt Celtic would get out of Division 2,(The Championship for all you young whipper-snappers)