AFC v West Ham United H League Cup 19/12 19:45

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
g88ner

Re: AFC v West Ham United H League Cup 19/12 19:45

Post by g88ner »

semi finals :barscarf: 8)

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Wow that has to be the most boriing game ever :roll:

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:42 pm
Wow that has to be the most boriing game ever :roll:
Not really, this was about par for the course these days. Official attendance 44,000 odd so "adjusted attendance" about 38,000 then?, probably could have fitted them in at Highbury.

:roll: :twisted:

markyp

Post by markyp »

Well that's the ear cupper out for the crimbo games thank fuck we have walcott :barscarf:

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

That was beyond boring, but glad we are through. One thing i took away from tonight is that Debuchy(if properly fit) should be starting, not Bellerin. Bellerin has speed, and fuck all else. He can't defend, and when going forward, he has zero crossing ability.

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

oh i do love achieving a semi 8)

meh

Post by meh »

Awful game. Walcott absolute shite. Elneny is worse than Denilson FFS - a total waste of space.

Nice to reach the semis though :barscarf:
Last edited by meh on Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Midz

Post by Midz »

Boring to say the least but we're through to the semis to get knocked out by either one of the Manchesters or Chelsea.

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

In the semi finals now. Surely that's enough of an excuse for the old *word censored* to get another contract extension.

augie

Post by augie »

BFG4 wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:46 pm
That was beyond boring, but glad we are through. One thing i took away from tonight is that Debuchy(if properly fit) should be starting, not Bellerin. Bellerin has speed, and fuck all else. He can't defend, and when going forward, he has zero crossing ability.

Debouchy is one of the sad stories in recent years - when we signed him I thought he would be a great signing cos he was agressive and he liked to bomb down the wing as well, but of course he was struck with the usual afc injury fever and hardly played in the last two seasons :(

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

On my way back from the match.

I was so bored first half I nearly fell asleep.
Walcott woke me up though with probably the worst header in front of an open goal I have ever seen :lol:

2nd half not much better.

Highlight of the night were the chips I had pre match :D

corkbarry

Post by corkbarry »

Midz wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:50 pm
Boring to say the least but we're through to the semis to get knocked out by either one of the Manchesters or Chelsea.

No way, our reserve team is better than theirs :D

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

BFG4 wrote:
Have to agree i thought Debuchy played well tonight, evenif the opposition was poor and its nice to see someone actually cross a ball, even if a couple went long at least they beat the first man :wink:

Also think Chambers was solid at the back, again i get it was limited opposition but you can only play whats in front of you and it was nice to see him kicking Hernandez any time the opportunity presented itself.

As for the rest, Giroud, Welbeck (barring the goal) and girly cuntchops were all shit, Elneny was running about like a headless chicken and Coq wasn't much better. Kola was his usual but fairly limited by his team mates today and Holding was ok at the back and Willock was ok whilst on.

The subs had limited impact in a game where the opposition weren't really trying but they had a couple of bright moments.

So overall a poor and bloody boring performance but a win is a win, on to the semis :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

Our strike force were just as bad as they have been all year. Please offload them in January & just keep playing the kids in this comp. With a bit of luck Giroud could be back in May !. As for Fe-oh (Captain Joke) ??? his best years are yet to come when he's matured. By that I mean learning how to pass the ball, head the ball, tackling, shooting & general awareness of what is going on around him on the field. All that said - dickhead will probably have him on the bench against Liverpool come friday. :barscarf: :barscarf:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:40 pm
BFG4 wrote:

Debouchy is one of the sad stories in recent years - when we signed him I thought he would be a great signing cos he was agressive and he liked to bomb down the wing as well, but of course he was struck with the usual afc injury fever and hardly played in the last two seasons :(
Yeah he looked good when he signed and steadily improved right up until that inbred stoke cúnt Arnautovic top ended him off the pitch... he never seemed to recover fully after that. Shame really.

Bellerin is fucking pants and has been for over a year now. No end product, cannot cross, cannot shoot, cannot defend, never takes his man on, and very seldom even bothers to utilise this "legendary" pace that he allegedly has.... :roll: