AFC v Liverpool (H) 22/12 19:45

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Re: AFC v Liverpool (H) 22/12 19:45

Post by StuartL »

RobG wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:58 am
GranadaJoe wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:39 am
If Wenger's press conference isn't enough to see him carted off by the men in white coats, then he'll still be managing us when he's eighty.

In one answer he said, "we we frozen by fear" and "we showed great metal strength".

Either he's a fucking idiot for believing two totally contradictory statements, or he thinks we're fucking idiots and will accept the bollocks he churns out. In which case, he's a fucking idiot.

Hard top disagree with that.

What gets me about these post match 'interviews' Wenger does is that it points to how little correct preparation each game highlights.

'Don't really scout the opposition' - Check
'Just go out there with minimal preparation and hope it all comes together' - Check
'People playing with poor form and asked to perform out of position' - Check
'Long term thinking = getting to half time, in tact' - Check

And a host of other approaches which suggest that Wenger just makes it up from day to day. Like some half cocked, washed out, end of the pier 'entertainer' - a la Archie Rice - who is always ready for one more go. But with no more thought than the previous hundred.
Well at lest we now have the answer to “who else is there ?”
This Archie Rice bloke sounds promising.
Any relation to Pat ?

Blade

Post by Blade »

No journo will give him a hard time during interview and ask the obvious Qs for fear of being banned from the prawn and champs reception.

Clash

Post by Clash »

After the Southampton game, Wenger says he does not like to talk about the team's defensive shortcomings as it effects confidence. Then last night he says that the team were ''paralysed'' in the 1st half because of what happened against Man United.

In other words, not talking about it does absolutely no fucking good whatsoever. Who would have thought that eh? :roll: :banghead:

I had a mate tell me last night that I cant have it both ways as I moaned about how dreadful the 0-0 at West Ham was and then said how embarrassing the 3-3 with Liverpool was ... he is talking as if there isn't a middle ground between those two extreme types of games :roll:

We've has 10 years of Arsenal teams defending like amateurs ... but there is no hope of it changing. Wenger said last nights match was ''a thrilling game'' and ''that is the type of game you want in the PL ... let's give credit to the creative force'' :banghead:

Clash

Post by Clash »

Blade wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2017 2:27 pm
No journo will give him a hard time during interview and ask the obvious Qs for fear of being banned from the prawn and champs reception.
Exactly right mate.

Carragher and Neville were both scathing of the defending and goalkeeping of both sides last night ... either side of the time Wenger was stood between them :roll: .

They could have asked him some very difficult questions while they had him there but instead they chose the easy option of waiting until he'd gone to carry one with their criticism.

RobG

Post by RobG »

StuartL wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:14 pm

Any relation to Pat ?

:lol: Lawrence Olivier, actually. 8)

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Dele Alli is as big a cheat as I have seen. For the second weekend in a row, a shocking tackles goes un(der)punished and then gets a penalty for a horrendous dive.

Foreign players would have been hounded out of this country for the dive alone. Thank God he’s got the same British passport excuse that Gerrard, Bale, Rooney etc had too.

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

Lucky Arsenal. Should have been buried in the first half. Take the point & smile. :barscarf: :barscarf:

Jumpers For Goalposts

Post by Jumpers For Goalposts »

Ray C wrote:
Sun Dec 24, 2017 2:36 am
Lucky Arsenal. Should have been buried in the first half. Take the point & smile. :barscarf: :barscarf:
In the same way that Wenger and Kroenke take our money and smile, having served up yet another pile of crap

bergkamp10

Post by bergkamp10 »

Well for all sorts of reasons, this was the first game that I have been able to watch this season.

I went from "Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now" to "Champagne Supernova" in the space of 5 minutes.

It seems a straight fight between the Spuds, LFC and us for the beloved coefficients 4th spot. Nothing new to see here sadly. :x

I guess win in either the Haribo or Emirates Cup this year and Lord. of Flies may depart. Wake me up before he goes goes.....

A Merry Christmas to all you Gooners.

I am off to watch the 89 film in a darken room along with a bunch of friends this Saturday, can't wait! :barscarf: :barscarf:

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

Blade wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2017 2:27 pm
Someone put a video up on twitter of L'pool attacking on Friday, and four of our players ran towards the ball at once. This is beyond bad defending, yet you would think any of the journos will have a go at Wenger over that, no chance. I've said it before, but if he was called out on his shit, he would lose his mind, as he struggles with the most basic of criticisms's, so any proper criticism would really get to him.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

northbank123 wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:14 pm
Dele Alli is as big a cheat as I have seen. For the second weekend in a row, a shocking tackles goes un(der)punished and then gets a penalty for a horrendous dive.

Foreign players would have been hounded out of this country for the dive alone. Thank God he’s got the same British passport excuse that Gerrard, Bale, Rooney etc had too.
I know mate, I hate the cuntt with a passion - he is gonna snap someone's leg one day...I just hope it happens to him ( I Really do) before he gets to end someone's career. He's an obnoxious, Odious little cunnt who needs his leg "Snapped".

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

RobG wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:03 pm
StuartL wrote:

Any relation to Pat ?

:lol: Lawrence Olivier, actually. 8)
We don’t want his sort

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

StuartL wrote:
RobG wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:58 am
GranadaJoe wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:39 am
If Wenger's press conference isn't enough to see him carted off by the men in white coats, then he'll still be managing us when he's eighty.

In one answer he said, "we we frozen by fear" and "we showed great metal strength".

Either he's a fucking idiot for believing two totally contradictory statements, or he thinks we're fucking idiots and will accept the bollocks he churns out. In which case, he's a fucking idiot.

Hard top disagree with that.

What gets me about these post match 'interviews' Wenger does is that it points to how little correct preparation each game highlights.

'Don't really scout the opposition' - Check
'Just go out there with minimal preparation and hope it all comes together' - Check
'People playing with poor form and asked to perform out of position' - Check
'Long term thinking = getting to half time, in tact' - Check

And a host of other approaches which suggest that Wenger just makes it up from day to day. Like some half cocked, washed out, end of the pier 'entertainer' - a la Archie Rice - who is always ready for one more go. But with no more thought than the previous hundred.
Well at lest we now have the answer to “who else is there ?”
Any relation to Pat ?
Special Fried Rice has more of a clue than Wenger

beck

Post by beck »

rodders999 wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:47 pm
For 36 games a season the Liverpool defence is lambasted and derided for the absolute shambles that it is.....and then there's the two games against us when their made to look like the greatest defensive unit ever assembled by out limp dicked cowardly bastards :roll:
In the 9 years since Liverpool had a decent defensive season they have conceded 30 goals against us

beck

Post by beck »

hertsgunner wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:20 pm
Bloody ironic really a shambles of a performance by Wengers darlings on the day I buy the 89 dvd. How I wish for those days to return a decent manager and a team of players who played for the badge. No superstars but bloody good players who never gave up.
88/89
Arsenal 2 Aston villa 3
Arsenal 1 Nottingham forest 3
That side had reversals but we're not hamstrung by a manager who has no belief in pragmatism