God sacked!!!!!!

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
GranadaJoe

God sacked!!!!!!

Post by GranadaJoe »

Not my championing of reason over fairy stories, but Ajax have sacked Denis Bergkamp, along with a number of other coaching staff. Overmars made the final decision. The club said that results had not been good enough, but that additionally there was a disagreement with Bergkamp over technical issues.

I'd love to see him back at the club.

In fact if there wasn't a place on the coaching staff, I'd start him ahead of Giroud and Welbeck.

nut flush gooner

Re: God sacked!!!!!!

Post by nut flush gooner »

GranadaJoe wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:23 am
Not my championing of reason over fairy stories, but Ajax have sacked Denis Bergkamp, along with a number of other coaching staff. Overmars made the final decision. The club said that results had not been good enough, but that additionally there was a disagreement with Bergkamp over technical issues.

In fact if there wasn't a place on the coaching staff, I'd start him ahead of Giroud and Welbeck.
I would have him back in a heartbeat, he could give Sanchez the kick up the backside he deserves. Alas, the deluded one won't allow someone with the presence/influence Bergkamp would have on the side anywhere near the squad.

augie

Post by augie »

Strong rumours have him and frank de boer taking over at swansea - I would love to see that happen cos I would love to see him back at AFC to get the respect he deserves from fans, but also I felt that de boer got fcuk all time from palace, and it would be nice to see him getting a chance to stick it to them

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

I would enjoy Bergkamp (aka: GOD!) being the manager of a team that outplayed and beat us - for the Sole reason of embarrassing wengercuntslop, it is (now) well known that Our Denis and cuntslop didn't get on.... That Bergkamp was always advising the younger players coming through to try and find a positive pass (aka fowards) rather than a sideways or backwards ball in other words the endless tippy tappy shyte we now have to endure from the team because wengercuntslop 'Dictates' it.

Can you imagine the reception he would get - THAT alone would p*ssoff wengercuntslop...Mind you the tourists and AKB's would probably ot even know who he is/was... bunchacunts.

#fuckoffwenger #comeback denis

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

They would probably boo him like they do alll the other ex players that don't hang on Wenger's every word.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

A11M11 wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:44 pm
They would probably boo him like they do alll the other ex players that don't hang on Wenger's every word.
Funny how all the few players actually making a go at a coaching career (Vieira, Bergkamp and less successfully Adams) aren’t particularly complimentary about Wenger, whilst those who sit in a studio for a living spouting bollocks (Henry, Keown, Dixon etc) are all fully-subscribed members of the ‘be careful what you wish for’ brigade.

Hope he doesn’t go to swansea with de Boer. It’s a sinking ship and I’d rather them have a go somewhere where they have a chance.

Herd

Post by Herd »

I want him as our manager ,maybe not yet but there is time anyway since tof isn't going anytime soon . Swansea probably isn't the best place for frank n him but would gain them experience .

It shows he wont be a yes man if he is prepared to be sacked if he disagrees ,he has a backbone and has integrity and is a humble man!

Love him to bits !

Rugby Gooner

Post by Rugby Gooner »

GranadaJoe wrote:

I can't argue with that Granada mate. :barscarf:

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:29 am
GranadaJoe wrote:

I would have him back in a heartbeat, he could give Sanchez the kick up the backside he deserves. Alas, the deluded one won't allow someone with the presence/influence Bergkamp would have on the side anywhere near the squad.
What is this obsession with trying to teach Sanchez a lesson....He does NOT WANT TO BE THERE.....why is that so difficult to understand. Someone desperately wants to leave, refuse, force him to stay aboard a sinking ship, then constantly blame him for not trying to keep the ship afloat??

This is all self preservation on Wenger's part anyway, he needs Sanchez if he stands any chance of getting back into CL, so if the club has to eat 70m in order for Wenger to get what HE wants, then so be it.

nut flush gooner

xisstential wrote:
Sun Dec 24, 2017 3:13 pm
nut flush gooner wrote:
GranadaJoe wrote:

What is this obsession with trying to teach Sanchez a lesson....He does NOT WANT TO BE THERE.....why is that so difficult to understand. Someone desperately wants to leave, refuse, force him to stay aboard a sinking ship, then constantly blame him for not trying to keep the ship afloat??

This is all self preservation on Wenger's part anyway, he needs Sanchez if he stands any chance of getting back into CL, so if the club has to eat 70m in order for Wenger to get what HE wants, then so be it.
When you start looking for a new job do you down tools and say fuck the lot of you to your colleagues, even if you are in a resignation period?

It's no different in football, if not worse considering he is being made rich beyond his dreams whilst seeing out his contract. Yeah, studs from DB10 in training down his ankle is exactly what he deserves. The pool game was the perfect example. Was he even playing in the first half?

DB10 understood Arsenal and could teach some of this current lot of pansies a lesson or two.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Mon Dec 25, 2017 5:31 am
xisstential wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:
GranadaJoe wrote:

When you start looking for a new job do you down tools and say fuck the lot of you to your colleagues, even if you are in a resignation period?

It's no different in football, if not worse considering he is being made rich beyond his dreams whilst seeing out his contract. Yeah, studs from DB10 in training down his ankle is exactly what he deserves. The pool game was the perfect example. Was he even playing in the first half?

DB10 understood Arsenal and could teach some of this current lot of pansies a lesson or two.
I work in management in an industry where if you resign, most of the time they let you go immediately, and pay you out. They don't want you there if you don't want to be there.....it's poisonous and they know it. And as for your "looking for a new job statement"...he has a new job, our negligent manager forced him to stay because he knew at that time the fans would have gone ballistic if he had let him go and it would have reflected badly on him. Wenger has handled both Sanchez & Ozil shockingly. Through sheer self preservation & negligence he has allowed the contracts of the clubs two biggest players to run down because he was so focused last season on his own contract. So who do our fans blame....why it's all the players fault for wanting to leave.Or lets get somebody in to injure him in training.......

And you are making it sound like he's getting even more money than ever before while working out his "notice period"....EVERYBODY these days is on stupid money, even Walcott, and like The Ox, I don't think Sanchez would stay for any money.

nut flush gooner

xisstential wrote:
Mon Dec 25, 2017 7:52 am
nut flush gooner wrote:
Mon Dec 25, 2017 5:31 am
xisstential wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:
GranadaJoe wrote:

I work in management in an industry where if you resign, most of the time they let you go immediately, and pay you out. They don't want you there if you don't want to be there.....it's poisonous and they know it. And as for your "looking for a new job statement"...he has a new job, our negligent manager forced him to stay because he knew at that time the fans would have gone ballistic if he had let him go and it would have reflected badly on him. Wenger has handled both Sanchez & Ozil shockingly. Through sheer self preservation & negligence he has allowed the contracts of the clubs two biggest players to run down because he was so focused last season on his own contract. So who do our fans blame....why it's all the players fault for wanting to leave.Or lets get somebody in to injure him in training.......

And you are making it sound like he's getting even more money than ever before while working out his "notice period"....EVERYBODY these days is on stupid money, even Walcott, and like The Ox, I don't think Sanchez would stay for any money.
The only reason you get kicked out is if a firm is looking to protect it's interests and stop you poaching clients. A lot of professional firms expect you to work notice and expect you to perform the duties you are contracted to. I was made redundant in 2011 from an Accountancy firm, in a position that left me exposed to a lot of their high profile clients. I worked 6 weeks notice carried on looking after the clients, and left on good terms.

Downing tools in any profession is not only selfish/unprofessional but also says a lot about you. To suggest it is the norm is inaccurate, to say the least.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Why do you cherry pick out of what I say?? I did not say I down tools when I resign, I said I work in an industry where If managers resign, there is a tendency to replace them immediately. Why does that say ANYTHING about me???

Anyway I stand corrected...I was hoping I could prove that Wenger made a mistake. Silly me...Long live El Duce...We have a fan base that 100% deserve him.

And if Sanchez leaves in this window and we miss out on CL it's all his fault.

For the record.....http://www.caughtoffside.com/2017/12/23 ... thrashing/

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

GranadaJoe wrote:

I thought there was a rumour that the club were going to employ Overmars to do the same job that he does at Ajax. If that's true then surely he won't be employing DB10 if he's sacked him due to technical differences. Unless of course Overmars sacked him so he can employ him when he gets to Arsenal without having to pay compensation to Ajax.