Palace Away

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
meh

Re: Palace Away

Post by meh »

Bellerin has turned into Ramsey mark 2. Undroppable. :banghead:

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

sk-gtfo wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:03 pm
Henry Norris 1913 wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:00 pm
sanchez playing for himself again :barscarf:

a late christmas present watching some of the football today, shame bellerin is still fucking shite though
Without Sanchez we'd probably have lost that game, if you think this season is bad, wait for 18/19..

:twisted: :roll: :banghead:
mate, tongue in cheek regarding sanchez. he was unreal today, he always tries things that no-one else does and when they don't work he gets slated by fucking idiots.

wilko49er

Post by wilko49er »

Interesting the comments about Sanchez first goal. Half the team celebrated with him, half didnt and he appeared to notice and comment to Laccazette. Definate division in the old dressing room. Utter bollocks!!!

Thierry 3-8-99

Post by Thierry 3-8-99 »

Henry Norris 1913 wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:09 pm
sk-gtfo wrote:
Henry Norris 1913 wrote:

a late christmas present watching some of the football today, shame bellerin is still fucking shite though
Without Sanchez we'd probably have lost that game, if you think this season is bad, wait for 18/19..

mate, tongue in cheek regarding sanchez. he was unreal today, he always tries things that no-one else does and when they don't work he gets slated by fucking idiots.
All mates non-Arsenal name Sanchez as the only Arsenal player they'd take from us - the performance was well ...

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Made heavy weather of a poor side. That could have been any game over the last ten years, really.

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

Henry Norris 1913 wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:09 pm
Yeah read it properly afterwards and realised that, sorry, unfortunately though I think my comment about 18/19 will still prove to be the case, he'll be replaced by someone of lower quality and with Wenger still around playing square pegs in triangular holes..

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:19 pm
Made heavy weather of a poor side. That could have been any game over the last ten years, really.
Yeah Palace were s**t tonight yet we only scraped over the line by a 1 goal margin, you get the impression had they played like that against any of the 5 teams above us they would have been beaten out of sight. I can see us dropping points at WBA, then we have Chelsea.. I think we're outsiders for 4th place this season, next season probably outsiders for Europa league place.

#ArseneKnows

augie

Post by augie »

The thing that has driven me batty with the Gooner fans lately is how they seem to be commending ozil and slating sanchez for their perceived work ethic - I have watched ozil stroll around the place like he doesnt give a flying fcuk in so many games over the last two seasons, and now that he is trying to drum up interest from other clubs to sign him, he is now being applauded for his efforts :roll: Likewise sanchez has carried that sorry excuse of a team for the past few seasons when others had no interest, and now that he has had enough and switched off, he has been made public enemy number one :evil: As much as I rate ozil for his skills and vision, to me he has burnt his bridges and it will take an awful lot more than 4 or 5 good games for him to gain any praise from me. Likewise sanchez has enough goodwill in the bank for me to be reluctant to slate him to the degree that some have lately, even though I have been disappointed in his performances too.

Tonight I thought that he looked really sharp right from the start - against the victims I felt that he looked eager early in the game, but then made a few mistakes/bad passes (as he often does) and the crowd got on his back and for a while he tried too hard and made things worse, and then he basically downed tools

Wilshere though was motm in the first half at least - he got on the ball and dictated the game, and he brings a real zip to our passing game was is frequently slow and going nowhere

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Bellerin is awful. Pure shite. :banghead: :roll:
His positioning and sense of danger and movement around him would be fucking appalling for a pub player,let alone a Professional footballer, him having no-one in front of him don't help but hes still shocking.

augie

Post by augie »

Palace two attempts on target = two goals :roll: :oops: :oops: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

beck

Re: Are we playing Palace today ?

Post by beck »

Topside Northbank wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:52 pm
xisstential wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:12 pm
BFG4 wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:54 am
I have always admired our away support, but it amazes me that anyone can give a flying fuck about this one. Imagine going to this, screaming your head off, in the hope we pick up three points to keep the fight for CL qualification(and eventual humiliation) alive. I know i am probably going against the idea of being a fan, but why haven't fans started to sit games out. How can you shout "Wenger Out" while hoping we qualify for a competition that in the club's eyes, means Wenger is a success.
You're flogging a dead horse with that "argument". The reason, as I understand it anyway, is that the love for AFC overrides any ill feeling toward Wenger and that it doesn't matter what happens on the pitch Wenger will never get fired, so you might as well support the team :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

The problem is the football is awful anyway and when I look at most of our players they are Wenger's creation...that is enough to put me off.......I genuinely don't care anymore.

And as for flat track bully performances...we don't really do those anymore either. If you don't believe me check out our GD with the other "top" sides. We do flat track "possession" performances.
Can't be bothered checking but think we have scored around 9 away goals all season and 5 of them against Everton.

Good football and flat track bully days are long gone.

For some people it is an addiction that they can't shake following the team.Many have shaken it and feel better for being taken for mugs.

The move since Highbury has seen my interest wane year on year the blatant lies and even then mismanagement of the club.

Las game I went to was 2013,,,,5 year anniversary coming up and won't be going again until a certain someone leaves the longer he stays the worse shape the team will be left in.

Who has actually improved as a player under the manager these last few years :roll:

What has improved...the bank balance,lovely profit in the last transfer window.
We had scored 9 goals from our opening 9 away games of the season
Man city scored 1 at home to Everton
We scored 7 away goals in our last 9 games of the 06/07 season
We scored 13 in our 1st 9 games away in the 07/08 season
The 9 th game was a 0-0 at Portsmouth
We were top of the league

beck

Post by beck »

robbo10 wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:56 pm
falkirk goon wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:50 pm
Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:46 pm
robbo10 wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:30 pm
Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:21 pm

I've just done a critical analysis of the starting XI. All the subs are shit apart from M-N who is too young and can't be blamed for anything.
Can you do a quick "Predicted Goals" projection in the squad too please?
Hmm. 1 for the whole team. Deflected shot which was going wide. We will have 99.8% possession of which 98% will be inside our own half.
And Palace will score twice from just 0.2% possession :oops:
And sadly you are both probably 100% correct...............fuck off Wenger you cuuuunt
I agree that Wenger should be sacked but both are 100 per cent wrong

beck

Post by beck »

Bob Bayliss wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:11 pm
Let me see....Southampton defenders....Virgil Van Dijk or Calum Chambers? Tough choice
Van dijk was at Celtic when chambers played at Southampton
His partner was Lovren

beck

Post by beck »

sk-gtfo wrote:
Henry Norris 1913 wrote:

That's Sanchez who is paid by and signed by arsenal
As opposed to some bloke called Sanchez who randomly jumped out the crowd to score a brace
He did the job he is paid for

beck

Post by beck »

sk-gtfo wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:24 pm
Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:19 pm
Yeah Palace were s**t tonight yet we only scraped over the line by a 1 goal margin, you get the impression had they played like that against any of the 5 teams above us they would have been beaten out of sight. I can see us dropping points at WBA, then we have Chelsea.. I think we're outsiders for 4th place this season, next season probably outsiders for Europa league place.

#ArseneKnows
Liverpool beat palace 1-0
Chelsea lost 2-1 there
Spurs beat them 1-0 at home