Palace Away

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
markyp

Re: Palace Away

Post by markyp »

another game won more by luck than judgement,we must be the only team that bring on a DM to close the game out then concede,we do this all the time,as for Lacazette,the bloke is running his socks off and getting fuck all service and why oh why is he subbed every game,talk about a confidence killer

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

I don't get why Lacazette was again subbed, but i think he is another Giroud, in that he will score a decent, but not prolific amount of goals. We are just over half way through the season, and he has 8 league goals, so a similar return in the 2nd half of the season, and he will end up with around 16 or 17 goals. That is around Giroud's level. Lacazette would be a decent 2nd striker, but he isn't going to be prolific for us.

Redstar

Post by Redstar »

Lacazette hasn't been totally on fire in any game yet, and in the ones where he's been taken off he was hardly setting the game alight. I remain to be convinced by him but I hope I am wrong. Maybe they are playing into his feet too much, I don't know - but he doesn't keep the ball as well as many other Premiership strikers.

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

How many Lacazettes has this imbecile old man ruined!....
With the exception of his first few squads in the early years, where the lucky fucker had a solid back four and a World Class Keeper, he had players that just did their own thing and never took a blind bit of notice of his tactics...
Introduced healthy smoothies and low fat diets, but did we employ a manager or a dietician!.... :cussing:
When I think of the players this excuse of a man has ruined, I do weep!....

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

just seen this tweet...

FFS somebody get Arsene Wenger a new coat with a velcro fastening instead of that zip the idiot can't work 😠

beck

Post by beck »

markyp wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:36 pm
another game won more by luck than judgement,we must be the only team that bring on a DM to close the game out then concede,we do this all the time,as for Lacazette,the bloke is running his socks off and getting fuck all service and why oh why is he subbed every game,talk about a confidence killer
24 mins to go
Basel 0 Man Utd 0
Matic comes on for pogba
Basel win game in 89 th minute

markyp

Post by markyp »

beck wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:44 pm
markyp wrote:
24 mins to go
Basel 0 Man Utd 0
Matic comes on for pogba
that's one incident,we do it all the time

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

markyp wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:57 pm
beck wrote:
markyp wrote:
24 mins to go
Basel 0 Man Utd 0
Matic comes on for pogba
And sadly, will continue to do so. All part of wengercunts master plan. :? :banghead:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

BFG4 wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:56 pm
I don't get why Lacazette was again subbed, but i think he is another Giroud, in that he will score a decent, but not prolific amount of goals. We are just over half way through the season, and he has 8 league goals, so a similar return in the 2nd half of the season, and he will end up with around 16 or 17 goals. That is around Giroud's level. Lacazette would be a decent 2nd striker, but he isn't going to be prolific for us.
100% bang on. Also at least with Giroud he will pressure the CH's and fight them physically, jump for everything in the air and pop the odd spectacular but Lacazette is extremely limited, doesn't seem to know where or when to run and challenges for nothing. Both are PL average on a good day and neither would get in any other "Top 6" team as first choice.

beck

Post by beck »

markyp wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:57 pm
beck wrote:
markyp wrote:
24 mins to go
Basel 0 Man Utd 0
Matic comes on for pogba
Chesney Hawks was the one and only
Not the one and occasionally