Palace Away

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Ray C

Palace Away

Post by Ray C »

No posts yet ???. Wonder why ???. 3-0 again. :barscarf: :barscarf:

Bradywasking

Re: Are we playing Palace today ?

Post by Bradywasking »

Draw....

General

Post by General »

Who what when?

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

How do you play Palace? Is it one of those board games you play at Christmas? No idea. What day is it?

NickF

Post by NickF »

This was the game last season that with lost 3-0 and were an absolute shambles. We (apparently) upset Bellerin by giving the team dog-abuse but he just happened to be nearest the support. Fat Sam also went on Sky afterwards and basically gave all managers the blueprint for beating us, although truth be told, most know it anyway.

Will we have learnt anything from it? As it is Wenger, absolutely not.

That said, I think it will be a flat-track bully win for us.

beck

Post by beck »

NickF wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:32 am
This was the game last season that with lost 3-0 and were an absolute shambles. We (apparently) upset Bellerin by giving the team dog-abuse but he just happened to be nearest the support. Fat Sam also went on Sky afterwards and basically gave all managers the blueprint for beating us, although truth be told, most know it anyway.

Funny that only pochetino could run with that blueprint
He must have lost it this season
Only game of the next 10 we lost including games v pep and Conti
But that doesn't fit the I am considerably more misarable than you mode

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

NickF wrote:

Oh how I felt sorry for him that night. It's never nice to see a multi- millionaire getting shouted at by the great unwashed who contribute to his obscene wages each week.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Who gives a toss. :?

#wengerout #wiggyout

NickF

Post by NickF »

beck wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:59 am
NickF wrote:

Funny that only pochetino could run with that blueprint
He must have lost it this season
Only game of the next 10 we lost including games v pep and Conti
But that doesn't fit the I am considerably more misarable than you mode
That also coincided with the change of formation because everyone knew how to beat us.

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

I have always admired our away support, but it amazes me that anyone can give a flying fuck about this one. Imagine going to this, screaming your head off, in the hope we pick up three points to keep the fight for CL qualification(and eventual humiliation) alive. I know i am probably going against the idea of being a fan, but why haven't fans started to sit games out. How can you shout "Wenger Out" while hoping we qualify for a competition that in the club's eyes, means Wenger is a success.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

BFG4 wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:54 am
I have always admired our away support, but it amazes me that anyone can give a flying fuck about this one. Imagine going to this, screaming your head off, in the hope we pick up three points to keep the fight for CL qualification(and eventual humiliation) alive. I know i am probably going against the idea of being a fan, but why haven't fans started to sit games out. How can you shout "Wenger Out" while hoping we qualify for a competition that in the club's eyes, means Wenger is a success.
You're flogging a dead horse with that "argument". The reason, as I understand it anyway, is that the love for AFC overrides any ill feeling toward Wenger and that it doesn't matter what happens on the pitch Wenger will never get fired, so you might as well support the team :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

The problem is the football is awful anyway and when I look at most of our players they are Wenger's creation...that is enough to put me off.......I genuinely don't care anymore.

And as for flat track bully performances...we don't really do those anymore either. If you don't believe me check out our GD with the other "top" sides. We do flat track "possession" performances.

Midz

Post by Midz »

Yes, and no team is worried if we keep possession in our own half.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Ray C wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:16 am
No posts yet ???. Wonder why ???.
I think most people have run out of shits to give

personally I blame it on too much turkey and not enough fruit.

OneBardGooner

Re: Are we playing anyone today ?

Post by OneBardGooner »

StuartL wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:46 pm
Ray C wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:16 am
No posts yet ???. Wonder why ???.
I think most people have run out of shits to give

personally I blame it on too much turkey and not enough fruit.
That's a somewhat constipated point of view mate! :D :wink:
Last edited by OneBardGooner on Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NickF

Post by NickF »

BFG4 wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:54 am
I suspect they will tell you they support Arsenal and not necessarily the manager.