The Sky pundits are *word censored* thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
BFG4

The Sky pundits are *word censored* thread

Post by BFG4 »

Listening to Henry last night, he is irritating beyond belief. I loved him as a player, but him wanting to read too much into the Sanchez situation(to make headlines) shows he is another Sky bell-end. What is it with sky, and employing *word censored*?

Redstar

Re: The Sky pundits are *word censored* thread

Post by Redstar »

There's big money (through video clips, articles and other media going viral and getting advertising revenue) in bashing Arsenal and Arsenal failing generally. Everyone has jumped on the bandwagon, including pundit after pundit who I used to think was OK. Wright, Henry, Keown, they've all succumbed to it.

Still, I have a lot of faith in the fans that actually attend games. I'm sure many want Wenger out but you would rarely know it as they aren't stupid enough to attack the time in the middle of the season when there is loads to play for. Also these so-called internet personalities and Twitter and Facebook warriors mean very little to me.

GranadaJoe

Post by GranadaJoe »

I loved having TH14 at the club, but towards the end of his time with us his whole 'too cool for school' attitude pissed me off.
He's got a lot of goodwill in the bank with me, so I don't think I could really turn against him. However, he's a pretty shit pundit. I find him incredibly tedious to listen to; both his manner and the things he has to say. Plus, like most of them he's a hypocrite. The only one whose input is worth listening to is Souness.

I think some of the pundits, particularly the co-commentators, are anti-Arsenal. I doubt there's any planning to it but after 20 games of the season we're level with the Scum, yet to listen to the media you'd think the swampdwellers were 20 points clear.

When I find a stream with no commentary, it's bliss.

NickF

Post by NickF »

Redstar wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2017 1:21 pm
There's big money (through video clips, articles and other media going viral and getting advertising revenue) in bashing Arsenal and Arsenal failing generally. Everyone has jumped on the bandwagon, including pundit after pundit who I used to think was OK. Wright, Henry, Keown, they've all succumbed to it.

Still, I have a lot of faith in the fans that actually attend games. I'm sure many want Wenger out but you would rarely know it as they aren't stupid enough to attack the time in the middle of the season when there is loads to play for. Also these so-called internet personalities and Twitter and Facebook warriors mean very little to me.
The league is long gone, other than cups there's not a lot left to play for.
You have to look at the bigger picture, is winning a cup all that is required or is being competitive in the league also needed?

We pay some of the highest prices in the world yet we are getting shortchanged in the league every year.
Wenger is still here because people always say that it is never the right time to protest.

Leyton Gooner
Location: Lokomotiv Plovdiv in the Channel 5 Thursday night cup

Post by Leyton Gooner »

Hussain and Holding are excellent. Botham and Gower decent if a little dull at times. Atherton is a dour miserable northern bastard just as he was as a player and although a lot of people love him, Lloyd's professional northerner act grates on me.

Oh you mean the football ones? Haven't watched any football on Sky for years, but yeah they're all *word censored* :barscarf:

Midz

Post by Midz »

You know the blonde girl who does the interviews on the pitch. She's nice.