Chelsea home thread.. (to stop the whining :-))

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Re: Chelsea home thread.. (to stop the whining :-))

Post by DB10GOONER »

robbo10 wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:19 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:09 pm
GTG wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:02 pm
Anyone else see that video doing the rounds of some chav in our end celebrating their pen/goal totally taking the piss. No one even said a word to him.

Not advocating flattening him however tempting it may be but he should have at least been told to button it.

Cant comment to much on the game itself as I was out for most of it only caught the last 15 mins but I cannot for the life of me understand how Bould can just sit there and watch these defensive horror shows season after season and not at least try and speak to Le Voyeur and plead with him to try something different to sort it out.

Surely there relationship cant be so bad that they don't have those sorts of conversations.... or could it be that Bould is getting some input and is just fucking useless as a coach?
You know I think that is the first time I've heard anyone ask that question? We all assume he just stays schtum and collects his £1million a year but maybe he is just THAT shit as a coach.... :| But tbh I still think he isn't let coach the defence by Wenger because I'm sure Wenger was unhappy at the attention and praise Keown got on our run to the CL final in 06.... :|
I dont think anyone who was that decent a defender as Bould was would matter if they were a shit coach or not,even a fucking idiot could get the message across as to how to defend space and playing the percentage game for dangerous crosses coming into the box,i think the point about Arsene not allowing input is the real issue.
If that is true about Wenger not wanting the praise shared then that proves what a c*nt he is,surely the success of the club is bigger than the success of Wenger,and even if he did win trophies with the backroom staff he has wouldnt it show what a genius he is by surrounding himself with such a special "group of assistants and coaching staff",
I really hope the truth comes out at some point.......
I think you are missing the point that we are not dealing with a normal person in Wenger. His ego is waaaay out of whack and he is delusional.

Also being a good player doesn't make you automatically become a good coach or manager - see the file marked "Liam Brady". :oops: And coaching defensive discipline is possibly the toughest job for a coach. GG had our famous back 4 doing repeat defensive drills every day of the week for years to get them to work and think like a cohesive unit.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

rodders999 wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:28 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
rodders999 wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:18 pm
If the elephant man was playing last night instead of Morata we'd be sewing up our arseholes this morning because they'd have been mutilated.
Fisting, huh? :rubchin:
Your favourite 8)

Saw a good one on twatter last night -

If Morata was the one shooting at Reeva Steenkamp she'd still be alive.

Too soon??? :shock:
In order;

True. :shock:
True.
Maybe.

:lol: :wink:

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:30 pm
robbo10 wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:09 pm
GTG wrote:
Anyone else see that video doing the rounds of some chav in our end celebrating their pen/goal totally taking the piss. No one even said a word to him.

Not advocating flattening him however tempting it may be but he should have at least been told to button it.

Cant comment to much on the game itself as I was out for most of it only caught the last 15 mins but I cannot for the life of me understand how Bould can just sit there and watch these defensive horror shows season after season and not at least try and speak to Le Voyeur and plead with him to try something different to sort it out.

Surely there relationship cant be so bad that they don't have those sorts of conversations.... or could it be that Bould is getting some input and is just fucking useless as a coach?
You know I think that is the first time I've heard anyone ask that question? We all assume he just stays schtum and collects his £1million a year but maybe he is just THAT shit as a coach.... :| But tbh I still think he isn't let coach the defence by Wenger because I'm sure Wenger was unhappy at the attention and praise Keown got on our run to the CL final in 06.... :|
I dont think anyone who was that decent a defender as Bould was would matter if they were a shit coach or not,even a fucking idiot could get the message across as to how to defend space and playing the percentage game for dangerous crosses coming into the box,i think the point about Arsene not allowing input is the real issue.
If that is true about Wenger not wanting the praise shared then that proves what a c*nt he is,surely the success of the club is bigger than the success of Wenger,and even if he did win trophies with the backroom staff he has wouldnt it show what a genius he is by surrounding himself with such a special "group of assistants and coaching staff",
I really hope the truth comes out at some point.......
I think you are missing the point that we are not dealing with a normal person in Wenger. His ego is waaaay out of whack and he is delusional.

Also being a good player doesn't make you automatically become a good coach or manager - see the file marked "Liam Brady". :oops: And coaching defensive discipline is possibly the toughest job for a coach. GG had our famous back 4 doing repeat defensive drills every day of the week for years to get them to work and think like a cohesive unit.
Yeah agreed,maybe we need to give Wenger more time to get a "cohesive defensive unit"...... :lol: :lol:

Maybe some players have "defensive nous" and some just don't,learning the offside trap may be ok for some players but only a few can actually read a game from the back and defend properly,our back 3/4/5 do not ever seem to be able to read danger,lets be blunt here but we look like conceding 90% of the time we're under attack,silly bollocks has these wankers in most days,if he is the wealth of knowledge hes portrayed as why are they so average at the back,or maybe forwards now really are so good (Morata aside) that being a defender really is a thankless task,has football changed so much that the likes of an Adams/Keown or Pallister/Vidic never be needed again in the Premier League? I dont watch a ton of football anymore but Cahill is about the last of that mould I can think of,

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Out of boredom i did a quick check, Petr Cech has faced 58 penalties in his career for club and country, saved 16, out of those he's faced 15 for Arsenal so doing the maths, prior to joining us he was saving about 1 in 3.... now he hasn't saved one in 15 :banghead:

I watched the game last night and Dicko was commentating and every comment he made about us defensively was spot on, maybe we should get him in to drill the defence, he can't be any worse than the current muppets.

MrT

Post by MrT »

GTG wrote:

That video sums it up. All he got was a few frowns and pretended he wasn't there.

Someone should have flattened him tbf. It's why the home support are the laughing stock of English football. Can you imagine that happening anywhere else?

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

MrT wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:40 pm
GTG wrote:

That video sums it up. All he got was a few frowns and pretended he wasn't there.

Someone should have flattened him tbf. It's why the home support are the laughing stock of English football. Can you imagine that happening anywhere else?

Not advocating flattening him however tempting.....WHY THE FUCK NOT????

fucking pussy joke support.....

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:54 am
arseofacrow wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:19 am
Maitland Niles - tidy going forward, comfortbale on the ball but had a nightmare as a full back. Didn't stop any of Chelsea's crosses coming in and actually didn't look interested in doing it. Liability at the back.
Don't agree with that at all, mate. I thought he was our best defender by a country mile (not difficult in fairness! :wink: ). He soaked up Moses to the point where the Spiv Neville even commented on it and to the point where Moses actually stopped trying to take him on and was replaced by Zappacosta as early as the 55th (I think?) minute. Very few fullbacks in the modern game stop crosses coming in - like tackling it is becoming a dying art - and mostly defend by trying to stop their opponent doing them down the touchline. If that (rightly or wrongly) is the criteria for judging modern FB's then Maitland-Niles did well defencively last night.
...and I had a german commentator who commented repeatedly on Maitland Niles' problem in that area. Maybe it's just a different view with German goggles and british/irish goggles :wink: . He didn't actually get anywhere near blocking, which was poor. As I said, other areas of his game were good and the rest of the defence were shit.

Judging by modern wing backs, he's ok as much of his work is in the attacking areas but he's got a lot to learn - unfortunately, it's under Wenger. :banghead:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

arseofacrow wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:41 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:54 am
arseofacrow wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:19 am
Maitland Niles - tidy going forward, comfortbale on the ball but had a nightmare as a full back. Didn't stop any of Chelsea's crosses coming in and actually didn't look interested in doing it. Liability at the back.
Don't agree with that at all, mate. I thought he was our best defender by a country mile (not difficult in fairness! :wink: ). He soaked up Moses to the point where the Spiv Neville even commented on it and to the point where Moses actually stopped trying to take him on and was replaced by Zappacosta as early as the 55th (I think?) minute. Very few fullbacks in the modern game stop crosses coming in - like tackling it is becoming a dying art - and mostly defend by trying to stop their opponent doing them down the touchline. If that (rightly or wrongly) is the criteria for judging modern FB's then Maitland-Niles did well defencively last night.
...and I had a german commentator who commented repeatedly on Maitland Niles' problem in that area. Maybe it's just a different view with German goggles and british/irish goggles :wink: . He didn't actually get anywhere near blocking, which was poor. As I said, other areas of his game were good and the rest of the defence were shit.

Judging by modern wing backs, he's ok as much of his work is in the attacking areas but he's got a lot to learn - unfortunately, it's under Wenger. :banghead:
There's the problem. :lol:

GTG

Post by GTG »

Redarmy wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:26 pm
MrT wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:40 pm
GTG wrote:

Not advocating flattening him however tempting.....WHY THE FUCK NOT????

fucking pussy joke support.....
Because you'd end up doing bird for it and thats the only reason why. Lets be honest here if he was sat near most of us its highly unlikely we'd have been able to control ourselves but its just not worth it anymore.

I'd hazard a guess the big brave lad knew exactly what he was doing spending north of £80 to sit where he was. Even within the Emirates..... had he been sat in other parts of the ground he wouldn't have had the same reaction and he wouldn't have acted up then. Someone tagged him in the video..... one look at his profile is all you need to see to know he was only being brave because of what was around him

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

There wasn't any time to accost that chav fan......too busy sucking Cesc off clapping his every move :roll:

oaodan

Post by oaodan »

The first ball over the top for the first Morata chance, has Chambers? in the centre circle standing and expecting Cech to arrive behind him, what would be about 50 metres from goal.I haven't seen the like since pub soccer and our centre back couldn't run so used to just hope somebody else could. it was amazing to see at the "top level". Seemed to be no understanding of the size of the pitch, where he was etc.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

g88ner wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:21 am
It's got to stage now that I find cech's penalty record as quite comical. :lol:

It's not so much that he hasn't saved any but he rarely goes the right way.

I don't buy that penalties are a "lottery". They require nerve and skill. Bizarrely, in cechs case, it really is a lottery as he clearly can't predict in the slightest where the taker will put the ball. :oops:
:lol:

Here's a stat, the last time an arsenal GK saved a pen in the PL was back in august 2013 Chesney .Cech hasn't saved a pen since 2011

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:02 pm
g88ner wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:21 am
It's got to stage now that I find cech's penalty record as quite comical. :lol:

It's not so much that he hasn't saved any but he rarely goes the right way.

I don't buy that penalties are a "lottery". They require nerve and skill. Bizarrely, in cechs case, it really is a lottery as he clearly can't predict in the slightest where the taker will put the ball. :oops:
:lol:

Here's a stat, the last time an arsenal GK saved a pen in the PL was back in august 2013 Chesney .Cech hasn't saved a pen since 2011
The last 2 hes faced have been straight down the middle virtually,he'd be better to not move,the old twat would have a better chance of saving one,

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Wenger talking about the Hazard penalty...

And Wenger was seething at the decision speaking after the game, even going as far as to say he would have "committed suicide" if the Gunners had ended up losing the game.

so close :suicide:

Mistical92

Post by Mistical92 »

Redarmy wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:17 pm
Wenger talking about the Hazard penalty...

And Wenger was seething at the decision speaking after the game, even going as far as to say he would have "committed suicide" if the Gunners had ended up losing the game.

so close :suicide:
Come on now, that's a bit much.