Chelsea home thread.. (to stop the whining :-))

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Mistical92

Re: Chelsea home thread.. (to stop the whining :-))

Post by Mistical92 »

northbank123 wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:20 pm
What puzzles me is why we don’t seem to play like that against far worse teams? Yes we wouldn’t get it right every game, we lack a real quality goalscorer and our defence is a fucking disgrace so we wouldn’t be title contenders, but we would surely fairly regularly put 4+ goals on sides like City, Liverpool and when they’re on form Spurs do if we did?
This infuriates me as well, against the big sides we play with pace and intent, why not just do the same against WBA and Southampton and treat them apart? Run at the defence, create gaps with pace and movement. The intricate tippy tappy does fuck all again a solid back 4.

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

Eboue-Why? wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:00 am
Whinge, whinge, whinge.
It’s all about the values, how many more times have I got to tell you?
Yes no one can match our values, it's like winning another (virtual) trophy. :barscarf: :roll: :twisted:

Draw does us no good at all, might as well have lost, Spurs likely to beat Wham tomorrow and start pulling away from us, then again who gives a sh*t about top 4?.

Drop dead Wenger please.

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

It's got to stage now that I find cech's penalty record as quite comical. :lol:

It's not so much that he hasn't saved any but he rarely goes the right way.

I don't buy that penalties are a "lottery". They require nerve and skill. Bizarrely, in cechs case, it really is a lottery as he clearly can't predict in the slightest where the taker will put the ball. :oops:
:lol:

postmanPat91

Post by postmanPat91 »

g88ner wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:21 am

I don't buy that penalties are a "lottery". They require nerve and skill. Bizarrely, in cechs case, it really is a lottery as he clearly can't predict in the slightest where the taker will put the ball. :oops:
Even with his first decent performance in fuck knows how long (which I still reckon was more down to piss poor finishing), he still manages to show how utter gash he is at penalties

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

Top 4 is a distance away add to that 5th....
Might struggle for 6th if Burnley and Leicester maintain their upward climb...
But Kronski won't butt an eyelid for overpriced mid table mediocrity!....

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

We should have had a penno but you get some you don't get others. Their penno was soft as shite too - Hazard dived and grabbed his fucking shin but there was contact.... with the undersole of his foot. For me it's not a penno because they've both kicked out for the ball. Even The Spiv Neville who hates The Arsenal agreed it wasn't a penno - but again you get some you don't get others.

Jack was superb mostly, quickly linking the play, a fantastic belter of a finish and some very tasty passing but he should be ashamed of himself for the dive. Once you see that trailing leg go straight like that it is 100% a dive every single time. :oops:

Ozil and Sanchez were sublime at times, carving the chav open and creating chances, but Lacazette too often reacts too late to get on the end of some top quality defence-splitting balls. He never seems to know when or where to run and apparently that ability to get in the box on the end of things is his main talent? WTF? Still waiting to see that. :roll: :|

Our defence was comedy gold at times. We always looked like conceding at some point. Chambers looked rattled from his first touch and I actually lost count of how many times Bellerin pissed the ball away under no pressure. I think it was about 395 or so.... :oops: :roll: But great strike for the equalizer. Superb. 8)

Maitland-Niles was brilliant at times and steady as a rock for most of it. I don't blame him for their second goal as he did all you can reasonably ask of a fullback in that situation. The one I blame is Mustafi as he stood there looking at the ball come in and then reacted too late to stop the chav cúnt getting in front of him. A top CH would not wait to see where that ball was going he would have been proactive and gone to meet it it immediately. How long before Maitland-Niles is fully ruined by Wenger's "coaching"? I'd give it another half season. :roll: :censored:

Cech is so far past his sell by date now it's not even funny anymore. He was lucky Morata is so shite at the moment tbh. Xhaka offers nothing.

I actually enjoyed watching it because it was full of incident and some really good football from us going forward but ultimately at the back of your mind you just think this team could go out and win the next match 5-0 or lose it 0-4.... we are that inconsistent. I'd rather watch us grind out a solid and convincing 1-0 win than an "entertaining" 2 or 3 all draw tbh.

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

Maitland Niles - tidy going forward, comfortbale on the ball but had a nightmare as a full back. Didn't stop any of Chelsea's crosses coming in and actually didn't look interested in doing it. Liability at the back.

I'd give lacazette more time and a less haphazard set-up. After all, look at the alternatives! :lol:

Wilshire should've been sent off. Nice goal but can't see him as a bulwork in our central midfield for the future. He's lost a lot.

Xhaka - This guy can fuck off right now.

Cech - Lucky Morata had his eyes closed so often, and the penalty an inevitability.

Back three - Were they on acid?

And the contract twins - some good,some sublime,some shit but in the end, who cares - they're off.

All in all, we should get a subsidy from the Premier League for rescuing it's product from some of the dross, should get a "moral victory" trophy and wenger should have a statue - made out of him. :barscarf:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Allgunsblazin wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:33 am
Yes Leicester and Burnley have a chance of catching us...still think 6/7th is the new normal

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

postmanPat91 wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:42 am
g88ner wrote:

Even with his first decent performance in fuck knows how long (which I still reckon was more down to piss poor finishing), he still manages to show how utter gash he is at penalties
Just hit the ball low along the ground and he has no chance.....anything high or crosses not too bad.....

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

Redarmy wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:19 am
Allgunsblazin wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:33 am
Yes Leicester and Burnley have a chance of catching us...still think 6/7th is the new normal
You know a club that strives for success has a strong bench, ours compared to the opposition was woeful!...

Wilson

Post by Wilson »

We cant beat those above us, and are the most vulnerable to the lesser teams among the top 6. Its already looking like its us who is the weakest of the top 6, and yet 4th is the minimum requirement.

I dont think Wenger will ever manage in the Champions League ever again.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

arseofacrow wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:19 am
Maitland Niles - tidy going forward, comfortbale on the ball but had a nightmare as a full back. Didn't stop any of Chelsea's crosses coming in and actually didn't look interested in doing it. Liability at the back.
Don't agree with that at all, mate. I thought he was our best defender by a country mile (not difficult in fairness! :wink: ). He soaked up Moses to the point where the Spiv Neville even commented on it and to the point where Moses actually stopped trying to take him on and was replaced by Zappacosta as early as the 55th (I think?) minute. Very few fullbacks in the modern game stop crosses coming in - like tackling it is becoming a dying art - and mostly defend by trying to stop their opponent doing them down the touchline. If that (rightly or wrongly) is the criteria for judging modern FB's then Maitland-Niles did well defencively last night.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Thought Maitland-Niles hd a great game. Felt the extent of criticism of him for their second goal was unfair. He got a half-block in and then it was hrdly S though the attacker was able to dribble right to the edge of the six yard box and pass it five yards for a tap in. The problem was that Bellerin was tracking Alonso and then watched him run off him without giving a shout to pass on, and then Mustafi was like a statue - it wasn’t as though Alonso just nicked in front of him, he was just stood rooted to the spot.

Given that I thought we were comfortably the better side yesterday, absolutely frightening how many golden chances they had. Fucking useless our 3 CBs. The two one on ones Morata had from 60-yard balls over the top were embarrassing.

If we are going to be inconsistent then I would rather us at least play some really good stuff at times like last night rather than the turgid crap we serve up these days. It would also be nice not to defend like complete idiots but you can’t hve everything.

augie

Post by augie »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:06 am
We should have had a penno but you get some you don't get others. Their penno was soft as shite too - Hazard dived and grabbed his fucking shin but there was contact.... with the undersole of his foot. For me it's not a penno because they've both kicked out for the ball. Even The Spiv Neville who hates The Arsenal agreed it wasn't a penno - but again you get some you don't get others.

Jack was superb mostly, quickly linking the play, a fantastic belter of a finish and some very tasty passing but he should be ashamed of himself for the dive. Once you see that trailing leg go straight like that it is 100% a dive every single time. :oops:

Ozil and Sanchez were sublime at times, carving the chav open and creating chances, but Lacazette too often reacts too late to get on the end of some top quality defence-splitting balls. He never seems to know when or where to run and apparently that ability to get in the box on the end of things is his main talent? WTF? Still waiting to see that. :roll: :|

Our defence was comedy gold at times. We always looked like conceding at some point. Chambers looked rattled from his first touch and I actually lost count of how many times Bellerin pissed the ball away under no pressure. I think it was about 395 or so.... :oops: :roll: But great strike for the equalizer. Superb. 8)

Maitland-Niles was brilliant at times and steady as a rock for most of it. I don't blame him for their second goal as he did all you can reasonably ask of a fullback in that situation. The one I blame is Mustafi as he stood there looking at the ball come in and then reacted too late to stop the chav cúnt getting in front of him. A top CH would not wait to see where that ball was going he would have been proactive and gone to meet it it immediately. How long before Maitland-Niles is fully ruined by Wenger's "coaching"? I'd give it another half season. :roll: :censored:

Cech is so far past his sell by date now it's not even funny anymore. He was lucky Morata is so shite at the moment tbh. Xhaka offers nothing.

I actually enjoyed watching it because it was full of incident and some really good football from us going forward but ultimately at the back of your mind you just think this team could go out and win the next match 5-0 or lose it 0-4.... we are that inconsistent. I'd rather watch us grind out a solid and convincing 1-0 win than an "entertaining" 2 or 3 all draw tbh.

Have to say that I thought that holding looked (for the most part) solid last night (two woeful mistakes should have cost us though), but I thought that his positioning was woeful for the second goal - I agree with your comments about mustafi (who I still think is a bit shit :roll: ), but for me holding should have been on corner of 6 yard box and would have cut out the cross. I was always told that that is where the centre backs should be, and if the cross is cut back, then it is the midfielders job to be there to deal with that (although no-one in our midfield is that disciplined :roll: ).

The victims are rightly slated for being defensively shit, but I don't think that there is a team in the country (and I include pub teams in that), that would equalize in the 92nd minute of a game, and then nearly concede less than a minute later :roll: As I said, the victims are criticized for being shit at the back and the meeja dissect where and how they are so shit, but with us the meeja just say that we are shit defensively and don't expand on that as if it is Arsenal so what do you expect ? :oops:

I think that we did deserve a draw last night, BUT will we ever see morata miss as many chances in a game as he did last night ? He alone should have buried us last night, and I'd say he felt the wrath of conte last night :lol:
I also have to say that I thought that hazard and kante were poor last night - the papers this morning gave both a mark of 7, but I felt that both were kept on fringes of game all night

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

g88ner wrote:

:rubchin: Maybe if they were to paint/write a Big "L" on the glove of his left hand and a big "R" on the glove of his right hand it might hep? :?