Nottingham Forest (A) | FA Cup R3 | Sun 7 Jan 16:00 | BT Sport

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Sean

Nottingham Forest (A) | FA Cup R3 | Sun 7 Jan 16:00 | BT Sport

Post by Sean »

Happy New Year, Gooners! After all the irrelevancy, disappointment and boredom of the league games this season, plus the half-arsing of the Europa League group stage, we finally have a proper game to watch with some potential glory at stake.

Will The Old Fraud deign to play the first team, or will he play the reserves egotistically mixed with future Championship fodder? The suspense!

For a cup side who will be lucky to get near the VT this season, TOF really doesn't give much of a shit about domestic cups, or taking a more winnable European trophy seriously. It would be nice to win the FA Cup again this season, as that is our best chance of the Arsenal winning anything this season. Forest are languishing in lower mid-table in the Championship, so we had better win on Sunday!

UTA! :barscarf:

sk-gtfo

Re: Nottingham Forest (A) | FA Cup R3 | Sun 7 Jan 16:00 | BT Sport

Post by sk-gtfo »

The season starts here?. :twisted: :roll:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Sean wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:25 pm
Happy New Year, Gooners! After all the irrelevancy, disappointment and boredom of the league games this season, plus the half-arsing of the Europa League group stage, we finally have a proper game to watch with some potential glory at stake.

Will The Old Fraud deign to play the first team, or will he play the reserves egotistically mixed with future Championship fodder? The suspense!

For a cup side who will be lucky to get near the VT this season, TOF really doesn't give much of a shit about domestic cups, or taking a more winnable European trophy seriously. It would be nice to win the FA Cup again this season, as that is our best chance of the Arsenal winning anything this season. Forest are languishing in lower mid-table in the Championship, so we had better win on Sunday!

And Happy New Year to you Sean! :cheers: Good to see you about mate also an excellent thread title: succinct, informative and legible unlike some of the recent crappy attempts by some on here... :D

This will either be a win, a loss or a draw.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

sk-gtfo wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:39 am
Naaah mate it is Mid-winter.... :wink:

Sean

Post by Sean »

sk-gtfo wrote:
Pretty much. The Europa was a false dawn; TOF was keeping his powder dry for the only competition he can win and keep him in the job :barscarf:
OneBardGooner wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:45 am
And Happy New Year to you Sean! :cheers: Good to see you about mate also an excellent thread title: succinct, informative and legible unlike some of the recent crappy attempts by some on here... :D

Thanks, mate. Hope you had a good Christmas as well :cheers: There hasn't been much point posting here in the past couple of months what with the mods getting sick of the WOBbery and the rest of us either angry or resigned to more years of this tedious shite. I was hoping the Europa would be worth watching, but for the weakened teams making it unnecessarily pointless and frustrating - Even more so, seeing as our league performances with the first team have been crap anyway.

I have to say that giving up watching PL games live this season has helped lessen the effects of the despair towards the running of the club and the anger towards TOF tremendously, as we are a perfect highlights side, given that over 80% of the play is an over-passing waste of time. It's also noticeable we are rarely on first or second this season; often buried in the middle or towards the end of the programme because our games are dire to watch; either dull or embarrassing park-level defending. As Rodders and the plastic-Rasta on AFTV says; we are a banter club.

Sad to see that match thread titles don't match the kwalitee and speewit and mental stwength :lol:

We still have replays until the quarter-finals, so I hope we can win this in 90 minutes regardless of whether or not an inane team selection from TOF hampers our chances :barscarf:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Sean wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:01 pm
sk-gtfo wrote:
Pretty much. The Europa was a false dawn; TOF was keeping his powder dry for the only competition he can win and keep him in the job :barscarf:
OneBardGooner wrote:

Thanks, mate. Hope you had a good Christmas as well :cheers: There hasn't been much point posting here in the past couple of months what with the mods getting sick of the WOBbery and the rest of us either angry or resigned to more years of this tedious shite. I was hoping the Europa would be worth watching, but for the weakened teams making it unnecessarily pointless and frustrating - Even more so, seeing as our league performances with the first team have been crap anyway.

I have to say that giving up watching PL games live this season has helped lessen the effects of the despair towards the running of the club and the anger towards TOF tremendously, as we are a perfect highlights side, given that over 80% of the play is an over-passing waste of time. It's also noticeable we are rarely on first or second this season; often buried in the middle or towards the end of the programme because our games are dire to watch; either dull or embarrassing park-level defending. As Rodders and the plastic-Rasta on AFTV says; we are a banter club.

Sad to see that match thread titles don't match the kwalitee and speewit and mental stwength :lol:

We still have replays until the quarter-finals, so I hope we can win this in 90 minutes regardless of whether or not an inane team selection from TOF hampers our chances :barscarf:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Sean wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:01 pm
sk-gtfo wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:

Nice of you to pop in, are you staying long enough for a cup of tea ?

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Sean

Post by Sean »

Just about, Stuart. Long enough for the cup games anyway. Regards to you and yours, mate :barscarf:

Funnily enough, I am a Tetley man as it goes, Bard :mrgreen:

:cheers:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Sean wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:30 am
Just about, Stuart. Long enough for the cup games anyway. Regards to you and yours, mate :barscarf:

Funnily enough, I am a Tetley man as it goes, Bard :mrgreen:

:cheers:
Eeeee by Eck Lad Thowest KNows it! :D :wink:

augie

Post by augie »

Sean wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:25 pm

I respect your opinions of course, but for me this is no more of a proper game than the recent games against palace and the baggies, and I would class it less of a game than the one against the chavs (purely cos of london rivalry reasons) - for me there will be no more "proper games" until le cock pisses off :roll:

The second part is an outdated myth - yes he doesnt give a fcuk about the league cup, but it is the recent successes in the fa cup that has kept him in the job. Potential glory ? I would rather have lost

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

I still fucking love the FA Cup 8) even though SlySports, Wenger, Rednose, and numerous other cuntwounds have all contributed to trying to diminish its stature as a top competition. :censored:

Fuck them. I love it. Hope we win it again this year too. :winner: :barscarf:

Outfighting, outplaying, outclassing and beating the heavy favourites the chavs with our decimated makeshift defence (and stopping them doing the double) last May was one of the most enjoyable FA Cups I've watched us win. So many players stepped up that day, players like Holding who absolutely beasted the pikey Costa for the majority of the game, the Welsh Messi-Lite who stepped up to score another FA Cup winner, and even the BGV who delivered a defensive masterclass that surprised the shit outa me tbh! :shock: :lol: Also the fact that Moses received a second yellow card for diving and got sent off was the cream on the cake. Just a shame it wasn't the cheating diving pikey Costa. :lol: 8)

And - I know this will upset the Agenda puppies on here, but fuck them too - it has to be said Wenger got it right that day. :shock: :mrgreen:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:12 pm
I still fucking love the FA Cup 8) even though SlySports, Wenger, Rednose, and numerous other cuntwounds have all contributed to trying to diminish its stature as a top competition. :censored:

Outfighting, outplaying, outclassing and beating the heavy favourites the chavs with our decimated makeshift defence (and stopping them doing the double) last May was one of the most enjoyable FA Cups I've watched us win. So many players stepped up that day, players like Holding who absolutely beasted the pikey Costa for the majority of the game, the Welsh Messi-Lite who stepped up to score another FA Cup winner, and even the BGV who delivered a defensive masterclass that surprised the shit outa me tbh! :shock: :lol: Also the fact that Moses received a second yellow card for diving and got sent off was the cream on the cake. Just a shame it wasn't the cheating diving pikey Costa. :lol: 8)

And - I know this will upset the Agenda puppies on here, but fuck them too - it has to be said Wenger got it right that day. :shock: :mrgreen:
Well we may as well coz the cuntwound ain't gonna leave whether we win it or not. :?

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:35 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:

Well we may as well coz the cuntwound ain't gonna leave whether we win it or not. :?
Exactly.

Jumpers For Goalposts

Post by Jumpers For Goalposts »

DB10GOONER wrote:

One day out of 3,000 - even I could do that.