Nottingham Forest (A) | FA Cup R3 | Sun 7 Jan 16:00 | BT Sport

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Sean

Re: Nottingham Forest (A) | FA Cup R3 | Sun 7 Jan 16:00 | BT Sport

Post by Sean »

augie wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:41 pm
I respect your opinions of course, but for me this is no more of a proper game than the recent games against palace and the baggies, and I would class it less of a game than the one against the chavs (purely cos of london rivalry reasons) - for me there will be no more "proper games" until le cock pisses off :roll:

The second part is an outdated myth - yes he doesnt give a fcuk about the league cup, but it is the recent successes in the fa cup that has kept him in the job. Potential glory ? I would rather have lost
That's ultimately true, sadly. Although seeing as the FA Cup is the only cup we can win these days, it automatically makes it better than the utterly meaningless PL games, most of which have been awful to watch for many years now. The Europa League has been given the League Cup treatment, which is disappointing. The one novelty of this season was ruined.

I'm not sure he really gives a fuck about the FA Cup either, to be honest. The results have been pretty fortunate on occasions and I'm sure there were a few weakened teams played in there that somehow got the job done. I agree that losing the 2014 final to Hull might have made his position untenable, but if anyone has the brass-neck to re-sign, TOF does. Sadly, the 2017 final also 'saved' him, even after losing out on the VT which suddenly doesn't matter anymore.

As others have said, poor results make absolutely no difference to the teflon fraud, he will never be sacked and 'the board' (Kroenke) will always offer him a new deal as long as we are in the PL with it's pimped TV money which now makes qualifying for Europe a drop in the ocean, so we might as well win the one competition we can win in this utter sea of shite that supporting the Arsenal has been for the past decade with that old cúnt at the helm.

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

forest away holds some special memories in the cup, we ended their huge unbeaten home run there in '79, we took absolute thousands that day, cloughy even commented on it as he'd been slagging off their support at the city ground attendance wise. think we took at least 8,000 from what i heard, stapleton with the header.

having said that, its the only time we played there in the cup iirc :lol:

i think we'll sneak an unconvincing (of course) 2-1 win. anything lets and its pretty embarrassing as they've been bobbins this year

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Just when another team need a helping hand to get their season back on track - and lo and behold here comes that team under the inept lying cuntslop of a manager that are always giving it away. :?

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

All set for a good old fashioned cup day out tomorrow - used to love going to the City Ground so looking forward to heading back there again tomorrow. Thankfully two meaningful games to look forward to in the next few days - double Wembley please.....memories of 93.

Hopefully the atmosphere will be as good as it was at Preston this stage last year

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:50 pm
All set for a good old fashioned cup day out tomorrow - used to love going to the City Ground so looking forward to heading back there again tomorrow. Thankfully two meaningful games to look forward to in the next few days - double Wembley please.....memories of 93.

Hopefully the atmosphere will be as good as it was at Preston this stage last year
Gutted that we never managed to play at Forest for the 5 years I lived up there.

Some of my best memories are FA Cup away days - should be a cracking trip tomorrow.

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

Banana skin - with 'The boy Wonder' leading the line !!. Out of this cup tomorrow & other one one Wednesday leaving us European cup glory later in the year. :barscarf: :barscarf:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Ray C wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:58 am
Banana skin - with 'The boy Wonder' leading the line !!. Out of this cup tomorrow & other one one Wednesday leaving us European cup glory later in the year. :barscarf: :barscarf:
I take it you've arranged to personally drive him to Southampton when they agree the transfer Ray? :D :D

I'm going to try not letting it spoil my day out watching that gormless muppet fucking around up front. Honestly I'd rather see Nketiah given a shot rather than Mister Potential.........12 years to the month we've had that fucking dope and he's still as shit as he was at 16 years old, arguably worse

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Forrest have no manager at the moment I see....lucky bastards. 8)

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

As long as Big Ron doesn't turn up and sit in the wrong dugout we should be alright.

corkbarry

Post by corkbarry »

I suppose being older than ALL of ye i have great respect for the FA cup. The last few years winning it 3 times have been tremendous ocasions.
All of ye feckers have being spoiled by the first 10 years of Wengers reign and don't appreciate that every other team in the league would love to win it.
I was in a restaurant in Lanzarote when REB phoned to tell me that we had beaten Wigan and i made a fool of myself jumping up and shouting YEEEEES :oops: :oops:
This is only the third round and look how even the Man city players reacted to scoring goals yesterday,jumping around and smothering the goal scorers.

No mater what team Wenger puts out there will be some Quality players on it and should win and feck the begrudgers :D

Now i'm heading off to the Cannonballs to do some more research on why men love Boobs :barscarf:

Topside Northbank

Post by Topside Northbank »

Well away to a championship side and we are laying down a marker Walcott,Iwobi and Welbeck as our front three.

More interested in seeing how Maitland Niles,Willock and Nelson do.

Debuchy starts and Ospina in goal.

Midz

Post by Midz »

Shame it's not on BBC as the coverage, pundits and everything would be better.

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Nice to see Iwobi keeping the ball as well as usual :roll:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

BANTER :barscarf:

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: