Chelsea (A) | League Cup SF L1 | Wed 10 Jan 20:00

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
flash gunner

Re: Chelsea (A) | League Cup SF L1 | Wed 10 Jan 20:00

Post by flash gunner »

Sean wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:48 pm
Up next. I expect we'll get battered over two legs, seeing as The Old Fraud will surely play the same shite he played against Forest :banghead:
No chance we will win and he'll get out of jail again!!

NickF

Post by NickF »

flash gunner wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:27 am
Sean wrote:
Up next. I expect we'll get battered over two legs, seeing as The Old Fraud will surely play the same shite he played against Forest :banghead:
I concur. Two draws against them this season and we beat them in the FA Final last year.
No reason to suggest that "we'll get battered". Must play the strongest side though.

Jumpers For Goalposts

Post by Jumpers For Goalposts »

flash gunner wrote:
Sean wrote:
Normally I'd agree with that Flash as we've seen Wenger pull a Harry Houdini so many times.

But not this time. Not with this squad. If Conte puts out his first team, our pathetic squad could not beat them over 2 matches. The standard of our defending, throughout the team, would shame a Sunday morning team and that is being exposed time and time again.

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Jumpers For Goalposts wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:54 am
flash gunner wrote:
Sean wrote:
Normally I'd agree with that Flash as we've seen Wenger pull a Harry Houdini so many times.

But not this time. Not with this squad. If Conte puts out his first team, our pathetic squad could not beat them over 2 matches. The standard of our defending, throughout the team, would shame a Sunday morning team and that is being exposed time and time again.
People said exactly the same before the FA Cup final.... Might be 10-0 etc etc etc..... Wenger will pull it off and get out of jail

SPARKSY

Post by SPARKSY »

flash gunner wrote:
Sean wrote:

But maybe the French bloke will play our new signing but according to the club website, Wenger doesn't seem to know much about him, not even his name :shock: :shock:
"We signed a Greek boy who looks quite good in training"

Wilson

Post by Wilson »

He rested players in the FA Cup for this match. So he has to win, least he look hapless.

But then again, when has Wenger ever been held to a high standard?

Jumpers For Goalposts

Post by Jumpers For Goalposts »

flash gunner wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:58 am
flash gunner wrote:
Sean wrote:

People said exactly the same before the FA Cup final.... Might be 10-0 etc etc etc..... Wenger will pull it off and get out of jail
Agree with the first part Flash but the final was a one off. Do you honestly think, if it had been over two legs, that we'd have reached the same level of intensity again or that Chelsea would have been as bad again??

I cannot see this pathetic squad and pathetic manager prevailing over 2 matches - they're just not good enough.

LaughingGooner

Post by LaughingGooner »

I think we'll get a draw in the away leg.
Wenger's got an excellent record against Conte and expect he'll play his best team.
Will set up the second leg nicely.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

The team Wenger puts out will show where he is mentally, whether he feels he is under any pressure. Had we won yesterday, I've no doubt the pubbers would have been sent out, now I'm not so sure. Conte cannot go with a weakened side.....he made 9 changes over the weekend and got a goalless draw. He'll be under pressure, other managers, unlike Wenger, get held to account....Conte needs a win...I expect him to field a team that can achieve that.

I don't think even Wenger will dare send out a second string, they will get seriously hammered, not our first choice, but our second stringers will get a beating. Sanchez, Xhaka, Wilshire, Ozil, will all be there, Wenger needs a win.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

We will definitely Lose the first leg away...maybe manage a draw or even a win by one goal at the Bowl...but they will score more and so another trophy goes up in smoke...

#wengerout #wiggyout

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:57 pm
We will definitely Lose the first leg away...maybe manage a draw or even a win by one goal at the Bowl...but they will score more and so another trophy goes up in smoke...

#wengerout #wiggyout
Agree cannot see our defence not conceding, they are in total disarray,

Also depends on what team Chelsea put out of course

Just want to see the old wanker squirm in his big sleeping bag..... fucking disgrace that he is......

augie

Post by augie »

Redarmy wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:53 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:

#wengerout #wiggyout

Just want to see the old wanker squirm in his big sleeping bag..... fucking disgrace that he is......

Are we all expecting to hear a rendition of "arsene wenger we want you to stay" from the chav fans ? :rubchin:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

augie wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:25 pm
Redarmy wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:53 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:

#wengerout #wiggyout

Are we all expecting to hear a rendition of "arsene wenger we want you to stay" from the chav fans ? :rubchin:
Yep, the chav fans, Ty, Laughing Gooner and Beck 8)

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

LaughingGooner wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:22 pm
I think we'll get a draw in the away leg.
Wenger's got an excellent record against Conte and expect he'll play his best team.
Will set up the second leg nicely.
Have to have a heart of stone not to laugh. Not at this particular post but your posts in general. I don't even believe you are an Arsenal supporter.

A mate of mine sent me a txt yesterday from an AKB excusing Wenger from the result.... "What must Wenger be expected to do sitting in the stands"

I dunno...can't the 4th official hear him from there??

LaughingGooner

Post by LaughingGooner »

Conte has only beaten Wenger once in five games.
But I guess Wenger is clueless and Conte is a tactical master.
Wenger fuc*ed up yesterday with his team selection. But I'm not going to weep all day and be full of self-pity (as so many here are guilty of).

Looking forward to Wednesday and confident we'll be well placed going into the second leg.