Comedy Iwobi

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
OneBardGooner

Re: Comedy Iwobi

Post by OneBardGooner »

I think it is more worrying that he actually went to a party (regardless of what night etc) and he feckin' stayed till 3am but DIDN'T have a drink or a spliff...what a wuss cuntwankbox. :banghead: :D

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Just when you think it cannot get any worse!

phpBB [video]

:suicide:

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:48 pm
Just when you think it cannot get any worse!

phpBB [video]

:suicide:
Even his dad said he was nothing exceptional lol, our scouts want shooting.

:twisted:

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Jumpers For Goalposts wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:06 pm
Nos89 wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:22 pm
Given the antics of the players I grew up watching this is powder puff antics. Considering the last time anything like this was reported of an Arsenal player was when the great Lord Bendtner was around. A nothing story.
A nothing story?? WTF are you talking about??

He is a very highly paid, professional footballer with a hugely privileged lifestyle. With that privilege comes a huge responsibility, none more so than to the thousands of supporters that paid up and travelled to Nottingham to watch the team.

There are 7 nights each week and he can go out on any one of them. He did not have to go out on Friday night and certainly not until 3.30am on Saturday morning.

What he did shows a total lack of discipline and a total lack of respect for the supporters. It shows also (Yet again) that modern Arsenal is run like a Sunday morning team and that is a big story.

Tony Adams & co were immature and stupid but they backed it up on the pitch. Iwobi & co are a bunch of flashy nobodies that are awful on the pitch.
Supporters that call him shit and useless. He doesn't owe nothing to those kind of supporters. Just by using the word supporters is implying people actually want him to do well. Calling him awful and useful doesn't sound like supporting the lad.

markyp

Post by markyp »

Nos89 wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:43 am
Nos89 wrote:
Given the antics of the players I grew up watching this is powder puff antics. Considering the last time anything like this was reported of an Arsenal player was when the great Lord Bendtner was around. A nothing story.

He is a very highly paid, professional footballer with a hugely privileged lifestyle. With that privilege comes a huge responsibility, none more so than to the thousands of supporters that paid up and travelled to Nottingham to watch the team.

There are 7 nights each week and he can go out on any one of them. He did not have to go out on Friday night and certainly not until 3.30am on Saturday morning.

What he did shows a total lack of discipline and a total lack of respect for the supporters. It shows also (Yet again) that modern Arsenal is run like a Sunday morning team and that is a big story.

Tony Adams & co were immature and stupid but they backed it up on the pitch. Iwobi & co are a bunch of flashy nobodies that are awful on the pitch.
Supporters that call him shit and useless. He doesn't owe nothing to those kind of supporters. Just by using the word supporters is implying people actually want him to do well. Calling him awful and useful doesn't sound like supporting the lad.
and I guess those of us that want wenger out don't support Arsenal :shock:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

rodders999 wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:02 pm
Fergie used to have taxi drivers and pub owners ring him if they spotted one of his players out on the town.....and that was midweek when there wouldn't be a game for days!

There's a culture of this happening at Arsenal - Giroud spent the night balls deep in some tart the eve before a game at Anfield, Scezeny was on the Woodbines every chance he got, Wilshere likewise puffing away on a shisha pipe in some nightclub.

It's all down to Wenger and his zero discipline approach - he's paralyzed with fear at causing conflict. Is it any wonder that with this type of culture rife at the club that we are in the mess that we are :roll:
Well said Rodders. 8)

Modern Arsenal is rotten, as is the wider modern game to a large extent. The one thing you find in all of the autobiographies and biographies of players from the GG era was the fear of being dropped, because if you were dropped there was a player (or two) that would latch onto that opportunity to get in the first team and keep that place, keeping you out of the team for maybe weeks or months. And preventing you the opportunity to get a win bonus or goal bonus in your wages. This fear motivated players to give everything, play through injury, bust a gut in matches and in training.

Nowadays players are millionaires before they hit 20 and often before they have achieved anything in the game. They have no fear of failure. They know, worst case scenario, get that first 4 or 5 year deal signed at 17 and no matter what happens, you don't really need to work again. The problem is that this no fear of failure culture doesn't drive them to success the way it should, it doesn't inspire them, it makes them lazy and self-satisfied because like most kids (not all, but most) of their generation they have no work ethic, they are privileged, entitled and this PC-obsessed world and social media tell them that they are right to be that way, and that the world owes them a nice lifestyle with them taking no responsibility for their own actions.

I don't accept the comparison between modern players like Iwobi and the likes of Adams and Parlour. Adams and Parlour earned the right to go out and blow off steam by putting in the performances on the pitch, by giving everything, by winning numerous trophies for this club. These modern snowflakes like Iwobi have not done that. They have not earned the right. And that is the big difference - Adams and co earned the right, whereas Iwobi and co feel entitled to it. :roll: Anyone that can't see that is either a PC snowflake or an idiot tbh.

Then there is the fact that the game as a professional sport has changed almost beyond recognition. In Adams's time EVERYBODY was on the piss. That was the culture. Nowadays that culture is all but dead, certainly at the top level. If you want to be a top player and earn stupid money then sorry fuck you, you should be prepared to make sacrifices, you entitled cúnt. :censored:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Nos89 wrote:
Nos89 wrote:

I don't buy that. He is not entitled to my support. He has to earn that. I don't care less how he does. He is extremely lucky to be in a privileged position most people can only dream of and he represents the hopes and dreams of millions of Arsenal supporters. When he delivers and EARNS his ridiculous wages then I might be impressed and then I will support him. Why the fuck should I support some entitled privileged idiot when they do nothing to earn that support?

When I look at our current team, there are very few players on it I admire or respect. When I look at previous Arsenal sides there are dozens and dozens of players (good and bad) that earned my admiration, respect - and support.

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

Nos89 wrote:
Nos89 wrote:

Calling him "useful" is most certainly out of order, agree with you there. :barscarf:

NickF

Post by NickF »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:07 am
I don't accept the comparison between modern players like Iwobi and the likes of Adams and Parlour. Adams and Parlour earned the right to go out and blow off steam by putting in the performances on the pitch, by giving everything, by winning numerous trophies for this club.
The issue isn't to do with blowing off steam after the game it is to do with being in a nightclub at 3am less than 48 hours before a game.
I may be in the minority here but I don't care if you are Adams, Parlour or Iwobi that is still unacceptable.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

NickF wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:10 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
I don't accept the comparison between modern players like Iwobi and the likes of Adams and Parlour. Adams and Parlour earned the right to go out and blow off steam by putting in the performances on the pitch, by giving everything, by winning numerous trophies for this club.
The issue isn't to do with blowing off steam after the game it is to do with being in a nightclub at 3am less than 48 hours before a game.
I may be in the minority here but I don't care if you are Adams, Parlour or Iwobi that is still unacceptable.
I was making a general comparison about the two different cultures and mindsets. That was obvious.

Jumpers For Goalposts

Post by Jumpers For Goalposts »

NickF wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:10 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
I don't think you're in the minority Nick. I agree with everything you've said on this, except for the bit about it all being down to Iwobi and nothing to do with Wenger.

Where this story really pisses me off is:-
1. It highlights the shit awful, lazy culture under Wenger at Arsenal.
2. Iwobi and co are so privilged and on huge wages but they have zero regard for the responsibilities that come with it. His actions show total disrespect for supporters.
3. And conversely, why are so many supporters still prepared to tolerate this shambles, without a word of dissent??

In Spain, Italy, Turkey etc. these little pricks would be ripped apart at matches and even at the training ground.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... ing-fa-cup

A fine heading his way.... the words "zero impact" spring to mind... :roll:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/5297238/f ... up-defeat/

I quote;

Last night the Nigerian international posted a photo of himself on Snapchat with the caption: “Mentality Coming Different, Wait Me I Promise.”

Fucking hell, is his English that bad, or is that some kind of new hip gangsta speak an' ting ya feel me blud? :roll: :censored:

GranadaJoe

Post by GranadaJoe »

Merson tells the story of being dropped for two months after smiling in training when GG wanted him to chase back.

I wonder what punishment awaits Iwobi.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

GranadaJoe wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:38 pm
Merson tells the story of being dropped for two months after smiling in training when GG wanted him to chase back.

I wonder what punishment awaits Iwobi.
A whopping 4-year deal on 3 times as much as anybody else would pay him before a couple of failed loan spells and a bargain move in 3 years time.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Punishment :lol: ,reckon he will play tonight,thats punishment for us