When Sanchez goes

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
SteveO 35

Re: When Sanchez goes

Post by SteveO 35 »

Bradywasking wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:29 am
Looks like the swap deal has gone and it will be two separate deals..Swap deals are complicated by valuations, agent fees etc...I remember when Amelka left for Real Madrid and Sukar arrived from there the following day the club stressed there was no element of a swap deal because of the complications involved..
I think the swap deal is dead because Mikiwostisname has no fucking interest whatsoever in joining our bunch of limpdicks and spending Thursday nights in Bulgaria and Belarus.

Would love to see Sanchez and Ozil piss off in this window and the old duffer going through hell every week and unable to attract a single new player. That'll teach the old c.unt not to ruin the thing I loved more than anything else. I used to want him to go gracefully but he's been such an absolute wanker in the past 2 years I wish him all the football related misfortune in the world. Lose another 10 fucking games and finish 15th for all I care these days - horrible, despicable, greedy old c.unt. There is no legacy anymore - he killed it when he signed the new deal in the Summer

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:36 am
Bradywasking wrote:
Looks like the swap deal has gone and it will be two separate deals..Swap deals are complicated by valuations, agent fees etc...I remember when Amelka left for Real Madrid and Sukar arrived from there the following day the club stressed there was no element of a swap deal because of the complications involved..
I think the swap deal is dead because Mikiwostisname has no fucking interest whatsoever in joining our bunch of limpdicks and spending Thursday nights in Bulgaria and Belarus.

Would love to see Sanchez and Ozil piss off in this window and the old duffer going through hell every week and unable to attract a single new player. That'll teach the old c.unt not to ruin the thing I loved more than anything else. I used to want him to go gracefully but he's been such an absolute wanker in the past 2 years I wish him all the football related misfortune in the world. Lose another 10 fucking games and finish 15th for all I care these days - horrible, despicable, greedy old c.unt. There is no legacy anymore - he killed it when he signed the new deal in the Summer
Actually Arsenal should use it as a selling point to him..."looook,join us and you may get a bonus trip home to Armenia some Thursday night"

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

the irony being that fans favourite ozil would do exactly the same had the offer been made to him, he's another who i constantly frustrated by our set-up tactically, last season it was more evident but i feel his mind has been on other things recently and is planning his escape.

how many players do we have to lose to more ambitious clubs before our fans wake up? (henry, nasri, adecunt, rvp, fabregas, song, ox)

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

Bradywasking wrote:
How much would this miki be worth in todays market?

Didn't they pay about 35 mil for him and if so he value can't have risen because he doesn't get a game, it's a shit deal and if whoever deals with contract negotiations had done their job and sanchez was on a 4 year contract or so then surely in todays market he would be worth 90 mil :roll:

Ozil would be worth about 80 mil if he was on a decent contract too so that's a lot of money spunked away from a club who's manager apparently has an economics degree (I have a feeling he got this out of a jamboree bag :roll: ).

Then there's Jack who would be worth 30 mil (f he can get some more injury free games in) and 9 players next season that go into their last year with Ramsey being one (and whatever your like or dislike of him he would fetch at least 30 mil).

It just defies belief that this could happen at the Arsenal, what would be more baffling is kroenke not evaluating this at the end of the season and reaching the conclusion that wenger and his team have neglected to address this problem.

Anyhow I met a gooner mate at a funeral yesterday and he goes to all away games and always used to say we can't get rid of wenger even if we wanted too (and for a few years he was on the fence) but he reckons he will be gone at the end of this season so I'm taking that as confirmation :barscarf: :lol:

LeftfootlegendGooner

NickF wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:28 pm
LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:06 pm
But that's not what most posters on here implied, in that the player or players (insert many players names including Sanchez) don't leave Arsenal/Wenger for the money, it's all about winning top trophies which I've always disagreed with.

IT'S ALL ABOUT THE MONEY :roll:
Sorry but that seem to be avoiding the real issue which is that we have consistantly failed to build a team that is capable of challenging for major honours. Saying that they are moving just for money is a cop out in my opinion.

If we were challenging every year for the title and champs league do you think Sanchez/Ozil would have run down their contracts?
Well everyone's entitled to an opinion and mine is right in this instance.

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:45 pm
NickF wrote:
But that's not what most posters on here implied, in that the player or players (insert many players names including Sanchez) don't leave Arsenal/Wenger for the money, it's all about winning top trophies which I've always disagreed with.

Sorry but that seem to be avoiding the real issue which is that we have consistantly failed to build a team that is capable of challenging for major honours. Saying that they are moving just for money is a cop out in my opinion.

If we were challenging every year for the title and champs league do you think Sanchez/Ozil would have run down their contracts?
I don't give a flying fudge sandwich if it is about the money, the point is we are losing our best playing (AGAIN) to a rival (lol) and we are a joke of a club thanks to the Weng and Wiggy, there is simply no point putting energy towards 'hating' Sanchez, only an idiot would do so.

Brightonnxtround

Post by Brightonnxtround »

Has he not fucking gone yet :? :?

NickF

Post by NickF »

NickF wrote:

and I respect your opinion no matter how wrong it may be. :lol: :lol:

LeftfootlegendGooner

sk-gtfo wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:22 pm
NickF wrote:

I don't give a flying fudge sandwich if it is about the money, the point is we are losing our best playing (AGAIN) to a rival (lol) and we are a joke of a club thanks to the Weng and Wiggy, there is simply no point putting energy towards 'hating' Sanchez, only an idiot would do so.
oh dear someone's had a beer, calm down susan :roll: :wink:

LeftfootlegendGooner

NickF wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:32 pm
NickF wrote:

and I respect your opinion no matter how wrong it may be. :lol: :lol:
:lol: :barscarf:

CloakedGooner

Post by CloakedGooner »

Brightonnxtround wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:10 pm
Has he not fucking gone yet :? :?
Nah he's still sulking about the Emirates, throwing a strop and blaming everyone else but himself for every poor performance and bad result

Wenger I mean :D

LeftfootlegendGooner

sk-gtfo wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:22 pm
NickF wrote:

BTW where have I shown any hatred towards Sanchez :roll:

I just called it as I see it and that it is down to money otherwise he would have seen out his contract and joined the much better side.

I don't care who comes or goes in this period in the clubs history because we always lose our best players, then buy another couple of quality (sometimes) players who will then be off to a more ambitious club at some point.

It's nothing new we've been doing it ever since I supported the Arsenal.

supergeorgegraham

Post by supergeorgegraham »

When we won the league in 1989 it had been 18 years since we did it. Now it's 14 years under the same manager. You have to see that Aubameyang was not chased by any major team in Europe and he is 29. It's a panic buy and he will be another expensive Wenger flop. In the worst Arsenal team since 1986.

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

supergeorgegraham wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:57 am
When we won the league in 1989 it had been 18 years since we did it. Now it's 14 years under the same manager. You have to see that Aubameyang was not chased by any major team in Europe and he is 29. It's a panic buy and he will be another expensive Wenger flop. In the worst Arsenal team since 1986.
I concur mate :cry: in years to come that 18yrs without a title will seem like a fortnight compared to the run we are on now..14yrs without even a title challenge of any note and no end in sight.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

looks like a straight swap no cash involved

so we get another midfield playmaker and one who did not want to join .......