Bournemouth (A) 14th Jan 13.30

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Midz

Re: Bournemouth (A) 14th Jan 13.30

Post by Midz »

Nos89 wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:56 pm
RobG wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:44 pm
Minus Sanchez and Ozil we are a bang average side and that is probably complimentary.

Please, Please, Please - bring on Ancelotti in May

Even he will take two years to turn this around. And a lesser man will take forever....
May? Next week so he can salvage whatever is left of the opportunity we have of winning a trophy.
Tomorrow would be even better.

GranadaJoe

Post by GranadaJoe »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:02 pm
Nos89 wrote:
RobG wrote:
Minus Sanchez and Ozil we are a bang average side and that is probably complimentary.

Even he will take two years to turn this around. And a lesser man will take forever....
May? Next week so he can salvage whatever is left of the opportunity we have of winning a trophy.
No way - the old c.unt in charge has ruined my love of this club and everything that goes with it. There's no way on this earth now I want him to walk away with even a hint of dignity in tact - he had his chances to do that. See out the full 2 years and endure a shit storm week after week, see all our best players leave and sink to something like 12th with 30,000 empty seats every week. I don't want anyone rescuing him, Kroenke or Gazidis. I want to see him have a torturous eighteen months - wake up every fucking night having nightmares, embarrassed to face the press, walk into some more angry mobs outside stadiums and train stations up and down the country. Know you've made me feel like this for 8 years now and eventually to the point where I can't even set foot inside the stadium. I wish all three of them an absolute horrible tenure of torment - even do a Clough and take us down for all I fucking care

I want my club back and only when those 3 c.unts go is that going to happen. In the meantime I wish them all the highest amount of misfortune and pain possible
The only way the club can improve is when this happens. I can't see the point of bothering with the club until it happens. No-one at the club gives a shit about any of us, so by what logic should we show any interest.
Every game will be full of slow, sideways passing, periodic shambles in defence, a few wins, a few draws, a few losses and a sixth-placed finish. Continuing to watch it would be akin to self-harming.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

GranadaJoe wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:07 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:02 pm
Nos89 wrote:
RobG wrote:

No way - the old c.unt in charge has ruined my love of this club and everything that goes with it. There's no way on this earth now I want him to walk away with even a hint of dignity in tact - he had his chances to do that. See out the full 2 years and endure a shit storm week after week, see all our best players leave and sink to something like 12th with 30,000 empty seats every week. I don't want anyone rescuing him, Kroenke or Gazidis. I want to see him have a torturous eighteen months - wake up every fucking night having nightmares, embarrassed to face the press, walk into some more angry mobs outside stadiums and train stations up and down the country. Know you've made me feel like this for 8 years now and eventually to the point where I can't even set foot inside the stadium. I wish all three of them an absolute horrible tenure of torment - even do a Clough and take us down for all I fucking care

I want my club back and only when those 3 c.unts go is that going to happen. In the meantime I wish them all the highest amount of misfortune and pain possible
The only way the club can improve is when this happens. I can't see the point of bothering with the club until it happens. No-one at the club gives a shit about any of us, so by what logic should we show any interest.
Every game will be full of slow, sideways passing, periodic shambles in defence, a few wins, a few draws, a few losses and a sixth-placed finish. Continuing to watch it would be akin to self-harming.
What gets me is how the away fans travel to see this shit....surely they are thinking wait a minute this is rubbish,
Rubbish which is costing me money....

Hope & Glory

Post by Hope & Glory »

Can’t believe when we are paying Sanchez an absolute fortune and he is still under contract, we give him a match day off to sort his future out.

bergkamp10

Post by bergkamp10 »

goonertux wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:21 pm
So this is Arsenal 2018 style! Bang average with no signs of improvement until he is carried out of the place! Just sad and annoying what has happened to our club. This has been coming for the last 8 years. Fuck the lot of them.
Sad but SO true.

This will now probably take 2-3 Manager's between 3-5 years to resolve if ever!

Wenger should of taken the hint & gone, but for 10M a year I guess you can't blame if the BOD are stupid enough to play along.

Rugby Gooner

Post by Rugby Gooner »

I have done angry,and sad.
I will never forgive these :censored: ,(Wenger,Kroenke etc),for making me care so little about A.F.C. :twisted:

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Hope & Glory wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:27 pm
Can’t believe when we are paying Sanchez an absolute fortune and he is still under contract, we give him a match day off to sort his future out.
It's not to sort his future out...it's so he doesn't get injured and we lose out on the transfer fee. Wenger does what is best for him and the club in the eyes of Kroenke, not what is best for the player, ANY player.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Incredible game of football played out by two teams who dared to make managerial changes when things weren't going well - one sacking a bloke who nearly won them their first title in 25 years and another who did win them one. Be careful what you wish for eh?

Much better to stick with an analogue watch in a digital world. Computers eh? They'll never catch on

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

xisstential wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:10 pm
Nos89 wrote:
RobG wrote:

This team isn't winning any trophies. I think we'll get to the final of the Caracao Cup, because for some reason Conte freezes against us, but City will see us off in the final. That will be the highlight of this season. In fact the way Bristol City are playing in it they might be in the final...they'll also see us off.
Well, this team has won trophies already. They are capable. Think we'll get past the chavs as they've got a fa cup replay to play before the second leg.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Midz wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:06 pm
Nos89 wrote:
RobG wrote:

Tomorrow would be even better.
Tomorrow is next week!

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

Laughing stock of football!! That’s us that is!!

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Lacazette looking every bit the £50m+ striker. He’s been fucking awful the last few games and it’s not difficult to see why he was also linked with West Ham last year.

Yes he was hardly blessed with great service and playing between Iwobi and Welbeck isn’t likely to get the best out of anyone but he has looked like a pub player. Zero intelligence in his movement, ball bouncing off him and not looked remotely threatening.

If Giroud had put in those sorts of performances he would have been absolutely crucified.

augie

Post by augie »

northbank123 wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:04 pm
Lacazette looking every bit the £50m+ striker. He’s been fucking awful the last few games and it’s not difficult to see why he was also linked with West Ham last year.

Yes he was hardly blessed with great service and playing between Iwobi and Welbeck isn’t likely to get the best out of anyone but he has looked like a pub player. Zero intelligence in his movement, ball bouncing off him and not looked remotely threatening.

If Giroud had put in those sorts of performances he would have been absolutely crucified.

He came to us as a striker that like to run in behind defences, and maybe a striker who was lethal in the penalty area - 5 months with us has turned him into a target man type of striker who does most of his work with his back to goal and linking up play. We can agree or disagree on the failure of promising young players to develop under wenker and debate how much of the blame lies at the managers feet, but we surely can all agree/recognise that lacazette is being shoe-horned into a different style of play and is suffering as a result.
In recent years it has been a major gripe of mine that this senile old c.unt doesnt buy players to suit whatever dogshite system he is using at that time, but instead buys players playing in different systems and expects them to work in his plan :roll:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Rugby Gooner wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:35 pm
I have done angry,and sad.
I will never forgive these :censored: ,(Wenger,Kroenke etc),for making me care so little about A.F.C. :twisted:
^^^This^^^

I cannot remember feeling worse than this about AFC...I really can't..in all the years ... not even the defeats at least then I felt angry and could vent that anger - It's as if wenger & wiggy have drained all the Life Blood out of the very heart & soul of the club and the fans......maybe it's just me ...but...it's like this suffocating melancholy has set in and the dark and gloom just gets deeper and deeper with each passing game/week.

The club I once knew is Dead.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

augie wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:21 pm
northbank123 wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:04 pm

He came to us as a striker that like to run in behind defences, and maybe a striker who was lethal in the penalty area - 5 months with us has turned him into a target man type of striker who does most of his work with his back to goal and linking up play. We can agree or disagree on the failure of promising young players to develop under wenker and debate how much of the blame lies at the managers feet, but we surely can all agree/recognise that lacazette is being shoe-horned into a different style of play and is suffering as a result.
In recent years it has been a major gripe of mine that this senile old c.unt doesnt buy players to suit whatever dogshite system he is using at that time, but instead buys players playing in different systems and expects them to work in his plan :roll:
Agree with that Augie.

When he first signed I envisaged the majority of his goals would be from a through ball that would put him one on one with the keeper and see him slot home.

Not alone has he not scored a single goal like that I don't remember him ever even been supplied a chance like that :shock:

I have watched him make countless runs off the shoulder of the last defender mind only to be ignored in favour of yet another sideways aimless pass into midfield. Even the greats like Henry and Wrighty would struggle for goals playing this shit, tepid lifeless style of play.

Not sure if he's quality or not but one thing I can guarantee is that he'll amount to fuck all playing Wanka Ball.