The 'there is only room for one set of INVINCIBLES thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Bob Bayliss

Re: The 'thank you Liverpool' there is only room for one set of INVINCIBLES thread

Post by Bob Bayliss »

Even when his pact with the devil seems to be exhausted......something like this happens to rekindle memories of what "his team" achieved.

Yes, it was 13 years ago......but the AKBs and sheep will be singing their 49 49 undefeated song instead of Wenger Out at the next home game.
Last edited by Bob Bayliss on Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

northbank123

Re: The 'thank you Liverpool' there is only room for one set of INVINCIBLES thread

Post by northbank123 »

Nos89 wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:33 pm
Absolutely the best thing about today, we're still the invincibles.
We still don't get enough credit for that season.
We would get infinitely more credit if that unreliable prick Lehmann hadn’t contrived to get us knocked out the CL and we had rightfully claimed our crown as the best side in Europe.

augie

Post by augie »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:56 pm
Who gives a flying fuck about that anymore......honestly?

So fucking what - I'm sure City will be crying all the way to the treble

I'm with you on that steve o - citeeh losing today will dominate the sports pages tomorrow and in doing so will mask another shambolic performance by a once great club :cry: Citeeh's defeat will be put to wenker at his next press conference and he will smile smugly and boast about what a great achievement it was by HIS team and in doing so will be championing himself :roll:
We are well down the road of becoming another victims/villa/forest type of club who constantly live off our history instead of striving to create positive new achievements

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

If anyone had told me on that glorious day in May 2004 as Paddy V hoisted the league championship trophy above his head what lay in store for us in the following 14 seasons I would have fucking laughed in their face.

Couldn't give a fuck what happened to City today, our club is in a horrendous state, a deep dark hole that I just cannot see any way out of. Don't know why, coz there have been fucking many horrific days as a gooner this past decade but for some reason today has me massively depressed.

I can't shake off that defeat for some reason - and I've had plenty fucking practice.

You're looking at one beaten down, broken gooner here folks. Beyond hope and despair.

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

robbo10 wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:04 pm
Other teams defeats pleasing us is exactly how far Arsenal have fallen
Really?

You never get any satisfaction is watching other teams lose? Not even sp*rs or stoke? :shock:

Fair enough. I've always enjoyed it :oops:

CloakedGooner

Post by CloakedGooner »

rodders999 wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:27 pm
If anyone had told me on that glorious day in May 2004 as Paddy V hoisted the league championship trophy above his head what lay in store for us in the following 14 seasons I would have fucking laughed in their face.

Couldn't give a fuck what happened to City today, our club is in a horrendous state, a deep dark hole that I just cannot see any way out of. Don't know why, coz there have been fucking many horrific days as a gooner this past decade but for some reason today has me massively depressed.

I can't shake off that defeat for some reason - and I've had plenty fucking practice.

You're looking at one beaten down, broken gooner here folks. Beyond hope and despair.
Beyond even banter :cry:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

augie wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:11 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:

I'm with you on that steve o - citeeh losing today will dominate the sports pages tomorrow and in doing so will mask another shambolic performance by a once great club :cry: Citeeh's defeat will be put to wenker at his next press conference and he will smile smugly and boast about what a great achievement it was by HIS team and in doing so will be championing himself :roll:
We are well down the road of becoming another victims/villa/forest type of club who constantly live off our history instead of striving to create positive new achievements
Glad you see it that way too - I'll ignore the stupid comments about not being proud of the club's achievements.....I mean its so obvious that's what I said isn't it. We'll still be the first (ok wiseguys Preston when you played with a pig's bladder) so who gives two fucks if someone else copies it. Just like if we won the Champions League now (ha ha) - we could hardly big it up over Chavski, Villa, Forest or anyone else who has won it could we?

augie

Post by augie »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:38 pm
augie wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:

Glad you see it that way too - I'll ignore the stupid comments about not being proud of the club's achievements.....I mean its so obvious that's what I said isn't it. We'll still be the first (ok wiseguys Preston when you played with a pig's bladder) so who gives two fucks if someone else copies it. Just like if we won the Champions League now (ha ha) - we could hardly big it up over Chavski, Villa, Forest or anyone else who has won it could we?

Is that aimed at me ? :?

augie

Post by augie »

What I should also have said though, is that citeeh losing today MIGHT help us in a different way - after watching his team today, I do wonder if pep was thinking about how an energetic and gutsy sanchez would have improved them so much :rubchin: I really need them to come in with an acceptable offer for sanchez so that it will stop him joining the red manc c.unts :evil: :evil:

cardinal2011

Post by cardinal2011 »

augie wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:47 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
augie wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:

I believe that it was aimed at me! Either that or we are both getting ultra paranoid :lol:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

augie wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:47 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
augie wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:

No mate, not at all. Said earlier in the thread

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

CloakedGooner wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:36 pm
rodders999 wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:27 pm

Beyond even banter :cry:
The Banter Era getting well on top of me today :(

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

This City side is probably the best PL team since the Invincibles. Despite our decline over the last decade, it is something that I honestly thought wouldn't be surpassed during my lifetime.

After that shocker of a performance today it is a small crumb of comfort I hold onto. When you see this shower of shite that we have to watch week in week out, you truly realise that the class of 2004 were an exceptional team not only respected by Arsenal fans but fans of other clubs too.

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

thing is this invincible talk may sound silly in may when they pick up some kind of treble, i'd imagine their name is on the league cup and if they may well pick up the fa cup or even the big one in may.

i honestly don't think anyone really cares about going unbeaten when you pick up a treble or even a league and cl double :|

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:28 pm
This City side is probably the best PL team since the Invincibles. Despite our decline over the last decade, it is something that I honestly thought wouldn't be surpassed during my lifetime.

After that shocker of a performance today it is a small crumb of comfort I hold onto. When you see this shower of shite that we have to watch week in week out, you truly realise that the class of 2004 were an exceptional team not only respected by Arsenal fans but fans of other clubs too.
Don’t agree. Mourinho's first Chelsea team (lost one game and went 40+ unbeaten) and United 2008/10 (Ronaldo at his height with Rooney and Tevez, van der Sar Vidic and Ferdinand rock solid at the back) were better sides. City are the best by a distance but the fact that United sit second sums up how shit the league is - there are years that United side would have been scrapping for top 4.