The 'there is only room for one set of INVINCIBLES thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
jaysa123

The 'there is only room for one set of INVINCIBLES thread

Post by jaysa123 »

49....... 49........

In times of despair can we seek refuge in this glory?

Can't quite believe how gutted I was wan Palace missed that penalty last week and how pleased I am right now for our invincibles.

Anyone else?

SPUDMASHER

Re: The 'thank you Liverpool' there is only room for one set of INVINCIBLES thread

Post by SPUDMASHER »

Pleased they haven’t done it but it is scant consolation for the spineless fucking shite we dished up today

Henry Norris 1913

Re: The 'thank you Liverpool' there is only room for one set of INVINCIBLES thread

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

how many matches did they get to in the end?

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Who gives a flying fuck about that anymore......honestly?

So fucking what - I'm sure City will be crying all the way to the treble

cardinal2011

Post by cardinal2011 »

Well I certainly give a fuck about it!!!! Just because that cu*t (Wenger) has ruined this team that does not mean we forget our history or no longer retain pride in our achievements.

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

Other teams defeats pleasing us is exactly how far Arsenal have fallen

Midz

Post by Midz »

ha fucking ha

jaysa123

Post by jaysa123 »

cardinal2011 wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:00 pm
Well I certainly give a fuck about it!!!! Just because that cu*t (Wenger) has ruined this team that does not mean we forget our history or no longer retain pride in our achievements.
Don't think I fully realised how much I cared to be honest until the penalty was awarded for Palace. Then how gutted I was when they missed it.

I am pleased for our invincibles.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Glad they haven’t done it but doesn’t rank too highly on my list of footballing concerns.

Think singing the 49 song at every game is a bit cringeworthy

Bunting14

Post by Bunting14 »

Never ever thank those bastds.

cardinal2011

Post by cardinal2011 »

A couple of years back I took my sons to do a stadium tour at the bowl and saw the golden premier league trophy awarded to the club by the league to mark their achievement. When you see that it does make you think of just what a massive achievement it was.

I have mates who are Man Utd fans and despite all of their success/trophies under Ferguson they are still gutted that they never went unbeaten in a season considering some of the teams they had.

And I bet you at the end if the season if you asked any City player if they are gutted not to have matched it then (if they are honest) they will admit that they are.

I know that we are shit right now and everyone is (rightly) depressed. However surely every fan must be just a little, little bit happy that we are still the only team to have done it?
Last edited by cardinal2011 on Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Absolutely the best thing about today, we're still the invincibles.
We still don't get enough credit for that season.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Was hoping City would smash those bindipping c##ts today . Hate them and their fans, they will be very hard to listen to in Dublin this week...but I was hoping City would lose one game this season.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

robbo10 wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:04 pm
Other teams defeats pleasing us is exactly how far Arsenal have fallen
Exactly...nothing to add........except...except....we must never forget that we beat tottnum earlier this season in "the only game that matters" :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

If you look hard enough there is always something to cheer.

I was a actually hoping City would equalise in the end to shut that howling, permanently offended mob up.

Tbh I think Pep would rather win the CL and the PL title than go unbeaten....he always said he expected to lose at some stage even though I very much doubt he wanted to. In some strange way that might take the pressure off and they could be even more threatening.

Meanwhile back at the Emirates a defiant Arsene Wenger........ :shock: :shock: :shock:

CloakedGooner

Post by CloakedGooner »

Calling all mods! Please take the "thank you Liverpool" part out of this thread title :banghead: