Crystal Palace|Home|20th Jan|15:00

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
sk-gtfo

Re: Crystal Palace|Home|20th Jan|15:00

Post by sk-gtfo »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:16 pm

has it really for a number of years though?

I know supporters have always clung onto the hope that the club will challenge for the title, but the reality is that since moving to the Emirates the aim for the club has been to try and finish 4th. The FA Cup wins have just been a lucky bonus.

and what is the point of finishing 4th when there is no desire to actually compete in the CL??
I actually feel as though we have found our level more this season in the Europa League - just a shame that the competition is a pale shadow these days of the former UEFA/Cup Winners Cup.
You are right, I was duped, briefly for a year or two around 2013/14 when we bought in Ozil then Sanchez in consecutive summers, I thought that we might have turned a corner, obviously now that have proven to be very wrong and we are actually sliding backwards thanks to SFB and wiggy, outside of that though all we did was obsess over the mythical 4th place trophy then sh*t our pants everytime we got to the KO round of the CL.

Lots of empty seats will be on show again for this one and I can't see it getting much better unless they decide to slash prices or start behaving like a big club, neither of which are likely to happen, though slashing prices is more likely given that is lower risk for the c*nts who run the corporation.

Really don't give a toss about league results now, what is there to achieve from victories other than making Wenger's stay more likely by beating fodder?, would gladly take a bottom half finish now to get things boiling up nicely. :twisted:

Rosie_titters

Post by Rosie_titters »

with Cech, Chambers and Holding in denfence we are fucked. Also why is Maitland Niles playing ahead of Kolasinac. :?

shu

Post by shu »

3.0 palace all in the first half and the crowd finally turn

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

shu wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:41 pm
Never gonna happen, mate.

If the milk turns, or the prawns are off, then you'll see some passionate complaining. Otherwise, nothing.

:barscarf:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

arseofacrow wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:18 am
shu wrote:

If the milk turns, or the prawns are off, then you'll see some passionate complaining. Otherwise, nothing.

:lol:

Or if the wifi connection drops.... could be a proper bloodbath...

a flurry of open handed slaps, beards and skinny jeans flying everywhere... :shock:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Rosie_titters wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:05 pm
with Cech, Chambers and Holding in denfence we are fucked. Also why is Maitland Niles playing ahead of Kolasinac. :?

"WENGER"

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:00 am
arseofacrow wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:18 am
shu wrote:

:lol:

Or if the wifi connection drops.... could be a proper bloodbath...

a flurry of open handed slaps, beards and skinny jeans flying everywhere... :shock:
You forgot the Checky flat caps and plimsole like shoes mate!

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

Wenger will be diverting all his attention to the Thursday night cup in order to get clge next season! but he’ll fuck it up over 2 legs when we get decent opposition!
Might jam the lge cup ! cue hysteria from the akbs

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

goonersid wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:59 pm
Wenger will be diverting all his attention to the Thursday night cup in order to get clge next season! but he’ll fuck it up over 2 legs when we get decent opposition!
But what a glorious way to bow out eh ?

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Wenger will NEVER Bow out, or step away or leave of his own accord - The cun.t will HAVE TO be Pushed, carried out in a strait jacket...because that is the One and Only way the cun.t will give up his grasp on £10mill+ and that All Important Position of Power that he clings to and wields like a Genghis Khan type figure.

Anyone who even imagines he will 'do the honourable thing' is as delusional as he is. and deserves to be called "Ty".

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

StuartL wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:27 pm
goonersid wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:59 pm
But what a glorious way to bow out eh ?

I meant on the glorious high of a league cup, you know the competition that he field kids and reserves in, the one that nobody gives a shit about, some might say that would be somewhat poetic justice.

greengooner

Post by greengooner »

as its 12.07 and Alexis has not gone to yanited i'll expect to see him in our team tomorrow, akb window lickers will have a field day, expect some half hearted boos every time he touches the ball if they are not busy taking selfies with the bags of tat they have just overpaid for in the club shop

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

I seem to remember Nasri playing, home to Liverpool I think, just a couple of days before he moved to City. Think it was the same day Dench got sent off and it pissed down.

Don't think he got any grief as far as I can remember despite everyone knowing our favourite lesbian was as good as out the door.

Interesting to see what the natives do tomorrow but I still think it will be fudged, some excuse made and Sanchez won't play.

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

why is Maitland Niles playing ahead of Kolasinac. ?

Got to shoe horn him in somewhere to prove the doubters wrong and say that he, Wenger, brings through good quality youth. So play him in midfield instead of Xhaka and see how good he is there because playing him out of position isn't really doing him any favours. He doesn't have a defenders brain ..........................................................................but then again !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

A11M11 wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:18 pm
why is Maitland Niles playing ahead of Kolasinac. ?

Got to shoe horn him in somewhere to prove the doubters wrong and say that he, Wenger, brings through good quality youth. So play him in midfield instead of Xhaka and see how good he is there because playing him out of position isn't really doing him any favours. He doesn't have a defenders brain ..........................................................................but then again !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
One Word:

"wenger" :? :roll: :banghead: