Bould/new backroom staff merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
OneBardGooner

Re: Bould

Post by OneBardGooner »

elpelsarmy wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:44 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:15 pm
Bould is on £30k a week. Just for putting out a few cones and sitting next to Lord Sith - If he speaks up against his lord and master he is gone - If he stays schtumm he'll get a wage rise next June.
How do you know this??
you have no idea what Bould does on a daily basis, what his thoughts are or what he says...........
Oooooooooooooooh! Hissy Hissy fit. :lol: :lol: :lol:

It is public knowledge what his salary is....as for the rest have you ever seen him do/ say anything other than chew gum and nod, with the occasional mumble of a few things to wenger AND put out the cones for pre-match warm-ups.

Why? Who are you his 'wife' ?

elpelsarmy

Post by elpelsarmy »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:29 pm
elpelsarmy wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:44 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:15 pm
Bould is on £30k a week. Just for putting out a few cones and sitting next to Lord Sith - If he speaks up against his lord and master he is gone - If he stays schtumm he'll get a wage rise next June.
How do you know this??
you have no idea what Bould does on a daily basis, what his thoughts are or what he says...........
Oooooooooooooooh! Hissy Hissy fit. :lol: :lol: :lol:

It is public knowledge what his salary is....as for the rest have you ever seen him do/ say anything other than chew gum and nod, with the occasional mumble of a few things to wenger AND put out the cones for pre-match warm-ups.

Why? Who are you his 'wife' ?
I'm merely pointing out that just because on match days all you do is see him lay out cones and chew gum do you really believe that is all he does? so at training he does nothing? never speaks or trains the players? never contributes with the rest of the coaching team?
You would rather make stuff up and moan about the way he chews gum and the look on his face than actually acknowledge he has a job, he is a number 2, please tell me another number 2 anywhere that supposedly does more than Bould, maybe he should jump around on the touchline like Conte to keep you happy?

augie

Post by augie »

I aint gonna get into the debate the usefulness of bould, but what I will say is that the was a job going in stoke that he could probably have walked into if he had any ambitions, and the fact that he didn't go for it should tell us exactly what his priorities are :roll:

elpelsarmy

Post by elpelsarmy »

augie wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:22 pm
I aint gonna get into the debate the usefulness of bould, but what I will say is that the was a job going in stoke that he could probably have walked into if he had any ambitions, and the fact that he didn't go for it should tell us exactly what his priorities are :roll:
Maybe his priorities are Arsenal?
Arsenal through and through and doesn't want to work anywhere else? Shouldn't we applaud that?

augie

Post by augie »

elpelsarmy wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:49 pm
augie wrote:
Arsenal through and through and doesn't want to work anywhere else? Shouldn't we applaud that?

You cant have it both ways - either he is Arsenal through and through and should then be kicking up a fuss at our farcical defence, or he doesnt care that much and if so he should be looking at the managers job at his first club and actually his hometown club at that.
Personally I'll hold my applause for people who see that things are not right and then try to change it - I refuse to believe that any man (not just bould) that is happy enough to sit on the bench mute and emotionless, is Arsenal through and through

elpelsarmy

Post by elpelsarmy »

augie wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:05 pm
elpelsarmy wrote:
augie wrote:

You cant have it both ways - either he is Arsenal through and through and should then be kicking up a fuss at our farcical defence, or he doesnt care that much and if so he should be looking at the managers job at his first club and actually his hometown club at that.
Personally I'll hold my applause for people who see that things are not right and then try to change it - I refuse to believe that any man (not just bould) that is happy enough to sit on the bench mute and emotionless, is Arsenal through and through
The point is, all everyone moans about is that he sits on the bench chewing gum motionless, what do you want him to do?
How do you know he is not doing his bollox at everyone this morning in London Colney calling them all a disgrace? How do you know he hasn't moaned at Wenger about the defence? You/I/everyone, we don't know, we are not there, get over it.
Would Stoke have really appointed him with no experience as a number 1? Of course they wouldn't, he might have applied for the job how do we know? not everything is in the public domain, stuff goes on that we know nothing about believe it or not, seems like on here if its not in the papers its not happening for a fact.

augie

Post by augie »

elpelsarmy wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:17 pm
augie wrote:
elpelsarmy wrote:
augie wrote:

The point is, all everyone moans about is that he sits on the bench chewing gum motionless, what do you want him to do?
How do you know he is not doing his bollox at everyone this morning in London Colney calling them all a disgrace? How do you know he hasn't moaned at Wenger about the defence? You/I/everyone, we don't know, we are not there, get over it.
Would Stoke have really appointed him with no experience as a number 1? Of course they wouldn't, he might have applied for the job how do we know? not everything is in the public domain, stuff goes on that we know nothing about believe it or not, seems like on here if its not in the papers its not happening for a fact.

Pulease - theytried to appoint martin o'neill and then settled for paul lambert .........are you saying that they would have picked either of the two of them above a hometown hero ??

Btw what do I want him to do ? I want him to be up bollocking the team during games like yesterday when they are absolute shit - he has had 3 matches now without that senile french c.unt parked beside him in his ear, and he would have had all the freedom in the world to bollock them even if he wasnt allowed make tactical changes. There is zero point in tearing into the players today when the 3 points were lost yesterday - that horse should have been caught BEFORE it bolted :roll:

elpelsarmy

Post by elpelsarmy »

augie wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:38 pm
elpelsarmy wrote:
augie wrote:
elpelsarmy wrote:
augie wrote:

Pulease - theytried to appoint martin o'neill and then settled for paul lambert .........are you saying that they would have picked either of the two of them above a hometown hero ??

Btw what do I want him to do ? I want him to be up bollocking the team during games like yesterday when they are absolute shit - he has had 3 matches now without that senile french c.unt parked beside him in his ear, and he would have had all the freedom in the world to bollock them even if he wasnt allowed make tactical changes. There is zero point in tearing into the players today when the 3 points were lost yesterday - that horse should have been caught BEFORE it bolted :roll:
Do you honestly believe that a manager/coach being at the side of the pitch shouting and bollocking his players makes ANY difference whatsoever? If that was the case Chelsea would win every game with that demented prick doing his nut on the sideline wouldn't they?
Bould has his job which I presume is more at training etc than whilst the match is going on, and does it, because he doesn't behave like you want him too he is every crunt going!
Its a non argument and you are after the wrong guy

augie

Post by augie »

That "demented prick" at chavski has a ton of titles and medals to his name - we should be so lucky as to have a manager/coach who tries to motivate his players instead of allowing them to stroll through games without a care in the world :roll:

elpelsarmy

Post by elpelsarmy »

augie wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:05 pm
That "demented prick" at chavski has a ton of titles and medals to his name - we should be so lucky as to have a manager/coach who tries to motivate his players instead of allowing them to stroll through games without a care in the world :roll:
he is a better coach I agree, that's why he has titles etc , nothing to do with being a madman on the sideline though, all for the cameras and people like you

Bob Bayliss

Post by Bob Bayliss »

elpelsarmy wrote:
augie wrote:
elpelsarmy wrote:
augie wrote:

Now you have raised an interesting precedent. Some of us are old of enough to remember one Don Howe. Now there was an Assistant Manager and coach worth his salt. In fairness, his manager (Bertie Mee) delegated and allowed him to get on with it while he dealt with discipline, organisation and, you know, management stuff. They were the dream team that won Arsenal their first double. Howe had no problem whatsoever getting a number 1 job at West Brom straightaway on the back of that achievement. Mind you it never worked for either man. Mee never found another coach remotely as good as Howe, and Howe was never as gifted at management as he was at coaching (he proved that in his second stint at the club from 78 to 86..).

But would Howe have put up with working under Wenger for a moment, not allowing him any input even though he would not have been fit to lace his boots as a coach? Not on your Nellie. He would not have sat on a big fat pay cheque - he would have only worked where he could have made a difference, or been allowed to.

elpelsarmy

Post by elpelsarmy »

Bob Bayliss wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:21 pm
elpelsarmy wrote:
augie wrote:
elpelsarmy wrote:
augie wrote:

Now you have raised an interesting precedent. Some of us are old of enough to remember one Don Howe. Now there was an Assistant Manager and coach worth his salt. In fairness, his manager (Bertie Mee) delegated and allowed him to get on with it while he dealt with discipline, organisation and, you know, management stuff. They were the dream team that won Arsenal their first double. Howe had no problem whatsoever getting a number 1 job at West Brom straightaway on the back of that achievement. Mind you it never worked for either man. Mee never really found another coach as good as Howe, and Howe was never as gifted at management as he was at coaching (he proved that in his second stint at the club...).

But would Howe have put up with working with Wenger for a moment? Not on your Nellie. He would not have sat on a big fat pay cheque - he would have only worked where he could have made a difference, or been allowed to.
Yes I am also old enough to remember Howe, fantastic innovative coach at the time, these days that doesn't happen though, Mee was the manager Howe was the coach like Sexton before him, with Terry Neil also, all the manager did was pick the team he didn't train them like Wenger does, Bould is not a coach he is an assistant to Wenger and is paid to carry out Wengers instructions I presume, by the way I don't remember Howe being a nutcase on the sideline and he was one of the best ever??

Bob Bayliss

Post by Bob Bayliss »

elpelsarmy wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:27 pm
Bob Bayliss wrote:
elpelsarmy wrote:
augie wrote:
elpelsarmy wrote:

Now you have raised an interesting precedent. Some of us are old of enough to remember one Don Howe. Now there was an Assistant Manager and coach worth his salt. In fairness, his manager (Bertie Mee) delegated and allowed him to get on with it while he dealt with discipline, organisation and, you know, management stuff. They were the dream team that won Arsenal their first double. Howe had no problem whatsoever getting a number 1 job at West Brom straightaway on the back of that achievement. Mind you it never worked for either man. Mee never really found another coach as good as Howe, and Howe was never as gifted at management as he was at coaching (he proved that in his second stint at the club...).

But would Howe have put up with working with Wenger for a moment? Not on your Nellie. He would not have sat on a big fat pay cheque - he would have only worked where he could have made a difference, or been allowed to.
Yes I am also old enough to remember Howe, fantastic innovative coach at the time, these days that doesn't happen though, Mee was the manager Howe was the coach like Sexton before him, with Terry Neil also, all the manager did was pick the team he didn't train them like Wenger does, Bould is not a coach he is an assistant to Wenger and is paid to carry out Wengers instructions I presume, by the way I don't remember Howe being a nutcase on the sideline and he was one of the best ever??
You're spot on. And this model is really working for today's Arsenal, isn't it. If we are going to go with the modern concept of a manager/coach, he needs to be able to do both jobs well. Wenger is hopeless at both.

elpelsarmy

Post by elpelsarmy »

Bob Bayliss wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:33 pm
elpelsarmy wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:27 pm
Bob Bayliss wrote:
elpelsarmy wrote:
augie wrote:

You're spot on. And this model is really working for today's Arsenal, isn't it. If we are going to go with the modern version of a manager/coach, he needs to be able to do both jobs well. Wenger is hopeless at both.
absolutely agree, but as far as this thread is concerned I just don't understand why Bould is getting so much flak because apparently he doesn't show enough passion on the bench? what a shite argument

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Thought he'd apply for the Stoke job given his connection to the club. He has the experience to coach. It's especially disappointing he didn't make much of Wenger's touchline ban.