Wages....

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
LeftfootlegendGooner

Re: Wages....

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

supergeorgegraham wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:02 am
I was looking for a Wilshere thread but wages will do. Right I'm with the club on this one. We have seen players sign big money deals and then be injured for most of their contract. I like Jack and think he is making a decent comeback but i can't help thinking he is due another injury soon.
He is being offered a set wage plus many add ons which bumps up his money if he plays.
Us fans would be the first to complain if he took up a 150,000 a week wage and got injured for another season.
Any club taking on Jack is taking a big gamble because you can be throwing away a big wage for months and months.
What, like they do on Cech, Ramsey, xhaka, mustafi, lacazzette, (recently giroud and Walcott who let's be fair here probably had less game time this season than Jack and were paid a lot more), anyhow you get the picture.

supergeorgegraham

Post by supergeorgegraham »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:33 am
supergeorgegraham wrote:
I was looking for a Wilshere thread but wages will do. Right I'm with the club on this one. We have seen players sign big money deals and then be injured for most of their contract. I like Jack and think he is making a decent comeback but i can't help thinking he is due another injury soon.
He is being offered a set wage plus many add ons which bumps up his money if he plays.
Us fans would be the first to complain if he took up a 150,000 a week wage and got injured for another season.
Any club taking on Jack is taking a big gamble because you can be throwing away a big wage for months and months.
What, like they do on Cech, Ramsey, xhaka, mustafi, lacazzette, (recently giroud and Walcott who let's be fair here probably had less game time this season than Jack and were paid a lot more), anyhow you get the picture.
Ramsey is a decent player, Lacazette has had no service all season but Cech, Mustafi and Xhaka are a waste of wages. Still prefer to have players on the field or able to play rather then paying money for them to be on the treatment table. Jack is injury prone and that makes him a gamble

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

supergeorgegraham wrote:
It has to stop at some point and maybe this is that time

NickF

Post by NickF »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:39 pm
supergeorgegraham wrote:
Unfortunately football has always had the problem that if you don't pay it, someone else will.
Which is why Jack was on 10k a week at 16/17 before he had even kicked a ball for the first team.

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

supergeorgegraham wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:43 am
supergeorgegraham wrote:
Ramsey is a decent player, Lacazette has had no service all season but Cech, Mustafi and Xhaka are a waste of wages. Still prefer to have players on the field or able to play rather then paying money for them to be on the treatment table. Jack is injury prone and that makes him a gamble
Ramsey after scoring a hat trick is still not a decent player, don't take my word for it, start a poll on here :wink: :lol:

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:39 pm
supergeorgegraham wrote:
Should have already been the case with Diaby, Rosicky, Arteta, and Mertesacker, basic wage with a bonus for each appearance

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

I agree - if players are injury prone offer them a 'fair' wage with lots of addons, if someone else is prepared to pay injury prone players more, good luck to them, we've been stung far too many times by this with the likes of Diaby, Rosicky and many others earning a very good living off the back of hardly kicking a ball, not their fault but we are not a charity ffs, hopefully these sort of decisions are now out of SFB hands..

supergeorgegraham

Post by supergeorgegraham »

Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:50 pm
supergeorgegraham wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:43 am
supergeorgegraham wrote:
Ramsey after scoring a hat trick is still not a decent player, don't take my word for it, start a poll on here :wink: :lol:
I don't get the Ramsey hate to be honest. He is not a defensive midfielder for a start so would shine if we had a decent player next to him. All my thoughts are that Xhaka is so bad in his position it affects players around him. I see Ramsey tackling and putting in a shift but Xhaka could not time a tackle if his life depended on it. Other poor players this season are as follows, Mustafi, Iwobi, Holding, Cech, but not Lacazette either because our attacking away from home has been so limited he isn't getting chances.
Football is about opinions and for me Ramsey is getting unfair stick because anyone would look bad next to Xhaka. What a waste of 70 Million him and Mustafi