€H£L$£A|Home|LC Semi|24th Jan|20:00

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
GranadaJoe

Re: €H£L$£A|Home|LC Semi|24th Jan|20:00

Post by GranadaJoe »

paris 95 wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:23 am
I am totally bemused as to why everyone wants Arsenal to lose. People on here ain't going to change wenger contract. It's about the team however shit it is. I personally never bet against them, that's why I'm poor. Things won't change until the *word censored* in the boardroom want to change them. Shit the team and shit the manager but don't Want us to lose. If that's the case don't support The Arsenal!!

I completely agree.

It's bad enough that certain posters, every week, predict that we will get turned over, irrespective of who we're playing (even Palace at home), but to openly want us to lose is weird. Why would you want the team you love to lose? A loss to the Chavs won't change anything. If 8-2, 6-0, 5-0, 5-1, losing to Bournemouth etc has no effect, why would a loss to 'financially doped' Chelski?

I'm losing faith, losing heart and losing interest, but I never want us to lose (Unless it would relegate the Scum :) ).

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

GranadaJoe wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:40 pm

I completely agree.

It's bad enough that certain posters, every week, predict that we will get turned over, irrespective of who we're playing (even Palace at home), but to openly want us to lose is weird. Why would you want the team you love to lose? A loss to the Chavs won't change anything. If 8-2, 6-0, 5-0, 5-1, losing to Bournemouth etc has no effect, why would a loss to 'financially doped' Chelski?

I'm losing faith, losing heart and losing interest, but I never want us to lose (Unless it would relegate the Scum :) ).
I don't want us to lose, I just don't really care that much either way now because with the two W's around we have no chance of winning any major trophy anyway.

If losing made the f*ckers jog on then I would take a record run of defeats though. :roll:

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

paris 95 wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:47 am
Nick F I totally understand what you are saying and I have been following it. I been to Arsenal since very early 80,S. Point I'm making is if your love for the club is dwindling then your and many millions of our fans need to assess where they are. I love the plane protests etc but he ain't going until he is advised to or wants to go. I Don't let the protests let you want Arsenal to lose.
You are stuck in a mindset. You do what you want to do and believe what you want to believe but there are plenty of us who don't believe that, nor accept it.

Do you honestly think if we lose game after game after game, the board and Kroenke would just sit by and think...we'll be ok?? No, he would take action, he is NOT going to let Wenger get us relegated. Of course it won't happen because we are just good enough to hang around the top 6....But the teams success is Wenger's success and the more he fails the easier it will be to eventually force him out.

This business of "he'll leave when he wants to" is also crap. He doesn't want to leave so if you believe that he'll choose, you might as well prepare for another decade of him, carry on supporting the team and quit bitching about him because he'll stay until he's 80 if nobody puts any pressure on him.

I love AFC and I cannot wait until we get it back but I am more than prepared to suffer more short term pain for long term gain...God knows we've had enough practise.

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

Finally, after a dreadful season, here's a big game to look forward to!

The butterflies are starting to gather.... semi final against Chelsea with a cup final at Wembley at stake. COYG 8)

augie

Post by augie »

Chavs have no cesc or morientes tonight so that def gives us the advantage I would say - I know that morientes missed woeful chances in the first leg, but now they have to play the belgiun guy that are trying to get rid of

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

Why should we take this competition seriously when Wenger never has?. :roll:

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

He's never taken it seriously because, in the past , we are in the last 16 of champions league, in a top 4 position with a mathematical chance of winning the league, and in the FA Cup. Considering we are not in a top 4 position with a mathematical chance of winning the league, not in the FA cup, not in the champions league, this is now important. He has never won it but has reached 2 finals and 5 semi-finals in his time. The reason the FA cup has been taken more seriously is because its a trophy that can salvage a season as usually by March we are out the champions league, out the title race but still in the FA Cup. It's quite simply really. In truth wenger has been the only reason why we have never won this trophy during his tenure, but there really isn't much more available to us this season. I said at the start of the season our target for this seasaon is to at least match what Man Utd achieved last season. We're marooned on 6th, much like they were last season, so to win the two lesser trophies would be satisfactory.

Personally, I've always thought it was important as its the first trophy that can be won, and with a club like ours, winning it should encourage the players to seek more in the season, as it's done for Liverpool, Chelski, manure and man city in the past.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

augie wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:09 am
Chavs have no cesc or morientes tonight so that def gives us the advantage I would say - I know that morientes missed woeful chances in the first leg, but now they have to play the belgiun guy that are trying to get rid of
Is that Morata you are referring to as regards missed chances :roll:

augie

Post by augie »

Redarmy wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:53 am
augie wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:09 am
Is that Morata you are referring to as regards missed chances :roll:

Indeed it is - maybe cos of the madrid history, but I have always reckoned that they were very similar type of players, but morientes certainly wouldnt miss the chances morata is :oops: :oops: :oops:

elpelsarmy

Post by elpelsarmy »

sk-gtfo wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:38 pm
GranadaJoe wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:40 pm

I completely agree.

I don't want us to lose, I just don't really care that much either way now because with the two W's around we have no chance of winning any major trophy anyway.

If losing made the f*ckers jog on then I would take a record run of defeats though. :roll:
Apart from 3 FA Cups in 4 years? :barscarf:

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

elpelsarmy wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:13 pm
Major trophy = PL or CL.

Some Arsenal fans maybe think the FA cup is 'major' but that is pretty much subjective (because we've won it the most), I think most people would put the FA cup in the same bracket as the EL as a 2nd tier trophy, with the caraboa cup or whatever it's called now as 3rd tier.

A club with Arsenal's resources and two billionaire shareholders should be doing better than winning 3 x 2nd tier trophies in 12 years.

elpelsarmy

Post by elpelsarmy »

sk-gtfo wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:34 pm
elpelsarmy wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:13 pm
Major trophy = PL or CL.

Some Arsenal fans maybe think the FA cup is 'major' but that is pretty much subjective (because we've won it the most), I think most people would put the FA cup in the same bracket as the EL as a 2nd tier trophy, with the caraboa cup or whatever it's called now as 3rd tier.

A club with Arsenal's resources and two billionaire shareholders should be doing better than winning 3 x 2nd tier trophies in 12 years.
I agree but the FA cup IN MY OPINION is "major" regardless of how many times we have won it, Liverpool and Sperz would love to win it once let alone 3 in 4 years, can you imagine the fuss and media hype we would get if they did that?
maybe its my age group {in my 40s} but the FA cup is huge and always been bigger than the League cup but we should of course be aiming for the title and champs league and currently we are not

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

well we might not have got to the final yet but Manchester City have.
the consequence of that is that our PL match with them has now been put back to Thursday 1st March.

why the fuck Thursday ??? is it just to remind us that is now our night for football ? :roll:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Apparently wengercuntslop has signed a new contract.

With beelzeebub

So tonight's game should go our way

Unless of course it goes to penalties - In that case were are well & truly fuckked - Unless wengercuntslop subs Pete the Plank before the end of the game.

markyp

Post by markyp »

xisstential wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:01 pm
paris 95 wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:47 am
Nick F I totally understand what you are saying and I have been following it. I been to Arsenal since very early 80,S. Point I'm making is if your love for the club is dwindling then your and many millions of our fans need to assess where they are. I love the plane protests etc but he ain't going until he is advised to or wants to go. I Don't let the protests let you want Arsenal to lose.
You are stuck in a mindset. You do what you want to do and believe what you want to believe but there are plenty of us who don't believe that, nor accept it.

Do you honestly think if we lose game after game after game, the board and Kroenke would just sit by and think...we'll be ok?? No, he would take action, he is NOT going to let Wenger get us relegated. Of course it won't happen because we are just good enough to hang around the top 6....But the teams success is Wenger's success and the more he fails the easier it will be to eventually force him out.

This business of "he'll leave when he wants to" is also crap. He doesn't want to leave so if you believe that he'll choose, you might as well prepare for another decade of him, carry on supporting the team and quit bitching about him because he'll stay until he's 80 if nobody puts any pressure on him.

I love AFC and I cannot wait until we get it back but I am more than prepared to suffer more short term pain for long term gain...God knows we've had enough practise.
exactly!! its only defeats that will remove the Old Faud,the more we win the longer he stays,its that simple,yes weve been bummed and nothing changed but since munich the winds of change have blown,you can see the club at long last are preparing for life without Wenger,we are at the tipping point now,a shit run until the end of the season and hes gone I genuinely think that,he has no journos and barely no fans supporting him anymore even Wright,Henry and Pires are no longer sat on the fence either,his time is ending but not if we win win win!!!