€H£L$£A|Home|LC Semi|24th Jan|20:00

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
wilko49er

Re: €H£L$£A|Home|LC Semi|24th Jan|20:00

Post by wilko49er »

Pity Mkhitaryan is cup tied. He said he can play anywhere (music to wenkers ears) if Helmet is too feature. Henrikh could have replaced him in goal. He would probably save more penalties, if it comes to it, :barscarf: than helmet ever could.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

markyp wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:29 pm
xisstential wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:01 pm
paris 95 wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:47 am
Nick F I totally understand what you are saying and I have been following it. I been to Arsenal since very early 80,S. Point I'm making is if your love for the club is dwindling then your and many millions of our fans need to assess where they are. I love the plane protests etc but he ain't going until he is advised to or wants to go. I Don't let the protests let you want Arsenal to lose.
You are stuck in a mindset. You do what you want to do and believe what you want to believe but there are plenty of us who don't believe that, nor accept it.

Do you honestly think if we lose game after game after game, the board and Kroenke would just sit by and think...we'll be ok?? No, he would take action, he is NOT going to let Wenger get us relegated. Of course it won't happen because we are just good enough to hang around the top 6....But the teams success is Wenger's success and the more he fails the easier it will be to eventually force him out.

This business of "he'll leave when he wants to" is also crap. He doesn't want to leave so if you believe that he'll choose, you might as well prepare for another decade of him, carry on supporting the team and quit bitching about him because he'll stay until he's 80 if nobody puts any pressure on him.

I love AFC and I cannot wait until we get it back but I am more than prepared to suffer more short term pain for long term gain...God knows we've had enough practise.
exactly!! its only defeats that will remove the Old Faud,the more we win the longer he stays,its that simple,yes weve been bummed and nothing changed but since munich the winds of change have blown,you can see the club at long last are preparing for life without Wenger,we are at the tipping point now,a shit run until the end of the season and hes gone I genuinely think that,he has no journos and barely no fans supporting him anymore even Wright,Henry and Pires are no longer sat on the fence either,his time is ending but not if we win win win!!!
Wenger has a contract until May 2019.
He said a couple of weeks ago that he has no intention of standing down this summer.
Kroenke will be quite happy with him because the club is still making huge profits.

It is irrelevant whether we lose every game from now until the end of the season.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:55 pm
markyp wrote:
xisstential wrote:
paris 95 wrote:
Nick F I totally understand what you are saying and I have been following it. I been to Arsenal since very early 80,S. Point I'm making is if your love for the club is dwindling then your and many millions of our fans need to assess where they are. I love the plane protests etc but he ain't going until he is advised to or wants to go. I Don't let the protests let you want Arsenal to lose.
You are stuck in a mindset. You do what you want to do and believe what you want to believe but there are plenty of us who don't believe that, nor accept it.

Do you honestly think if we lose game after game after game, the board and Kroenke would just sit by and think...we'll be ok?? No, he would take action, he is NOT going to let Wenger get us relegated. Of course it won't happen because we are just good enough to hang around the top 6....But the teams success is Wenger's success and the more he fails the easier it will be to eventually force him out.

This business of "he'll leave when he wants to" is also crap. He doesn't want to leave so if you believe that he'll choose, you might as well prepare for another decade of him, carry on supporting the team and quit bitching about him because he'll stay until he's 80 if nobody puts any pressure on him.

I love AFC and I cannot wait until we get it back but I am more than prepared to suffer more short term pain for long term gain...God knows we've had enough practise.
exactly!! its only defeats that will remove the Old Faud,the more we win the longer he stays,its that simple,yes weve been bummed and nothing changed but since munich the winds of change have blown,you can see the club at long last are preparing for life without Wenger,we are at the tipping point now,a shit run until the end of the season and hes gone I genuinely think that,he has no journos and barely no fans supporting him anymore even Wright,Henry and Pires are no longer sat on the fence either,his time is ending but not if we win win win!!!
He said a couple of weeks ago that he has no intention of standing down this summer.
Kroenke will be quite happy with him because the club is still making huge profits.

It is irrelevant whether we lose every game from now until the end of the season.
But winning makes him happy and brings us fans nothing as we are treading water...so my choice is............................

And as for Wenger's contract I was told a couple of weeks ago that there is a get out clause for either party after this season.

And Morata being out tonight is bad news for Wenger...Tbh Morata would look right at home in our current squad, maybe as back up for when Wellbek gets injured.

augie

Post by augie »

I find it bizarre that people think that losing games wont make any difference to wenker's situation :?

Would it raise the anger and frustrations of the fans ? Absolutely it would.
Would it increase the scrutiny from the media ? Absolutely it would.
Would it lead to more tetchy and irritable reactions from the french c.unt himself ? You can bet your life that it would.

Now I get that it might not lead to a sacking or mutual termination of his contract, but it def would have a serious impact if we have a bad second half of the season, and the pressure on him would increase significantly 8)

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

Get used to it he's not going, his protector has just tightened his grip on the club. All's fair for a straight run to the end of this contract and maybe the next.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Courtois is out of tonight's game too

markyp

Post by markyp »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:55 pm
markyp wrote:
xisstential wrote:
paris 95 wrote:

but wenger isn't going in 2019 is he?you honeslty think he is?? if wenger does enough i.e top 6 he stays,we need to lose , i dont get what people don't understand or why they cant stomach losing,i tell you what I cant stomach is this shit fest that is arsenal,losing no longer bothers me it is normal to lose or to get bummed,im fucking immune to it and long to be back in a place when I was nervous before every single Arsenal game,wengers taken that away so I wish him fuck all success not even 3 points for a win,i get more pleasure seeing him squirm when we lose,and why? because I love Arsenal football club so much and want us to be back where we belong.good old Arsenal we're proud to say that name,are we?? not now,its a total embarassment :shock:

GranadaJoe

Post by GranadaJoe »

augie wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:36 pm
I find it bizarre that people think that losing games wont make any difference to wenker's situation :?

Would it lead to more tetchy and irritable reactions from the french c.unt himself ? You can bet your life that it would.

Now I get that it might not lead to a sacking or mutual termination of his contract, but it def would have a serious impact if we have a bad second half of the season, and the pressure on him would increase significantly 8)
We've not only lost games, we've been humiliated time and again. We've had poor runs of form. We've been getting worse each year. Yet nothing has changed.

We've had marches, Wenger Out banners all over the world, planes, etc and nothing has changed.

At various times the media has turned on Wenger, often spitefully, yet nothing has changed.

A tetchy wenger? We've seen it hundreds of times.

Maybe a run of poor results would lead to a few more pissed off fans, a bit more abuse in the media and a hacked off Wenger. So what?

What is this 'serious impact' of which you speak?

DT having a rant? A forum visit from Babatunde?

If it won't lead to AW's sacking or resignation why do results matter?

markyp

Post by markyp »

GranadaJoe wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:48 pm
augie wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:36 pm

We've not only lost games, we've been humiliated time and again. We've had poor runs of form. We've been getting worse each year. Yet nothing has changed.

We've had marches, Wenger Out banners all over the world, planes, etc and nothing has changed.

At various times the media has turned on Wenger, often spitefully, yet nothing has changed.

A tetchy wenger? We've seen it hundreds of times.

Maybe a run of poor results would lead to a few more pissed off fans, a bit more abuse in the media and a hacked off Wenger. So what?

What is this 'serious impact' of which you speak?

DT having a rant? A forum visit from Babatunde?

If it won't lead to AW's sacking or resignation why do results matter?
but things are changing,we have a new scout,a new director of football incoming,these are against wengers wishes it seems, the press are laughing at him,the turd is hanging on by his teeth,it might be another year or two before the final flush loosens his grip but if we keep on doing enough he will still be here in 5 years time,he is going for Fergies record,i have no doubt about it,it will happen unless we continue to do worse,thats why losing is the only option,and yes it is sad when it comes to this but the wet wipes who go to emirates and say nothing are to blame for this prolonged torture

NickF

Post by NickF »

Strong team tonight, although not a great bench.

Ospina, Bellerin, Mustafi, Koscielny, Monreal, Elneny, Xhaka, Wilshere, Ozil, Iwobi, Lacazette.

Subs: Macey, Ramsey, Chambers, Maitland-Niles, Kolasinac, Nelson, Nketiah.

NickF

Post by NickF »

Strong team tonight, although not a great bench.

Ospina, Bellerin, Mustafi, Koscielny, Monreal, Elneny, Xhaka, Wilshere, Ozil, Iwobi, Lacazette.

Subs: Macey, Ramsey, Chambers, Maitland-Niles, Kolasinac, Nelson, Nketiah.

xgtdec

Post by xgtdec »

The amount of empty seats is unbelievable for a semi final.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

I love when start games by coming flying out of the box :roll:

xgtdec

Post by xgtdec »

Normal defensive service is resumed, and Wonga shakes his head....twat.

Thierry 3-8-99

Post by Thierry 3-8-99 »

rodders999 wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:06 pm
I love when start games by coming flying out of the box :roll:
Time and time again