€H£L$£A|Home|LC Semi|24th Jan|20:00

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
northbank123

Re: €H£L$£A|Home|LC Semi|24th Jan|20:00

Post by northbank123 »

Just don’t get it with Conte. After a decade of being rolled over by successive Chelsea sides, despite us being as bad as at any point during that time they just can’t seem to play against us.

We were hardly banging down th door last night but I’ve never seen us so comfortable defending a lead in a big game. They looked like they could hav played another hour without looking like scoring.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Bradywasking wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:50 am
25th Anniversary of our last League Cup win...I was there in 93...Let's all do The Merson and all that..
Poor game last night, lit up by Ozil's quality at times..Monreal was brilliant , Lacazette had a good second half and Xhaka was decent , taking his goal well..Got a touch of fortune with both goals but overall I thought Arsenal just about shaded it.
The negatives, Iwobi hasn't a footballers brain or instinct..He continously runs into traffic when on the ball, he done very well to dig out the initial pass for the winning goal but overall his passing was careless..Thought Elneny covered well on a few occasions but again was careless on the ball especially in his passing..
Another Wembley final..This could be classed in time as the "accidential final" getting there was never really in the plan in September.
Saved me some typing there BWK as I'd have just written basically all of that.... :wink:

...but would have added a bit more about just how shit Ebwobi is. Jesus this blind passing thing he does would be beaten out of a 10 year old but not at the School of Wenger. Awful player. No brain at all. :censored:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Oh and looking forward to the final. Hope we fuck Citeh big time.

Cue "ooh but they have bigger fish to fry..." :roll: who fucking cares anymore? We are now reliving the 80s so fuck it enjoy a cup final bitches. :D

supergeorgegraham

Post by supergeorgegraham »

I said in a previous post that I don't like any current Arsenal player I need to correct that. Both Koscielney and Monreal are both do or die players and deserve respect for their commitment and performance for our club. Ozil is playing really well and I hope he stays because we need him badly.

Could the current situation spell the end for Chelski. Has Abramovich lost interest and more importantly is he getting fed up with spending his money now that City and United are taking it to such high levels. I believe he is owed 1 Billion by the club and players are choosing to go elsewhere. Morata looks an expensive flop and no Chelsea team in history is getting the accolades City are this season. Who knows but I guess we will find the answers after Conte leaves or gets sacked.

NickF

Post by NickF »

supergeorgegraham wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:25 am
Could the current situation spell the end for Chelski. Has Abramovich lost interest and more importantly is he getting fed up with spending his money now that City and United are taking it to such high levels. I believe he is owed 1 Billion by the club and players are choosing to go elsewhere. Morata looks an expensive flop and no Chelsea team in history is getting the accolades City are this season. Who knows but I guess we will find the answers after Conte leaves or gets sacked.
They only won the league last season FFS. :roll:

In terms of accolades, I'd imagine most fans don't give a sh*t about how it was done if they win the league.

elpelsarmy

Post by elpelsarmy »

Come on then?
who is going to be first person to say that they hope we lose the final because it might hasten Wenger`s exit??

The usual suspects???

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

NickF wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:44 am
supergeorgegraham wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:25 am
They only won the league last season FFS. :roll:

In terms of accolades, I'd imagine most fans don't give a sh*t about how it was done if they win the league.
Haha yeah I've heard this many times about the Gangster losing interest, wishful thinking, even if he does he'll still probably be a better 'owner' than the wiggy c*nt we have, isn't he financing their rebuild of the sh*thole bridge at a ridiculous cost?, meanwhile we're in permantent "austerity measures" to pay for the corporate profit bowl.

But we have our 'values'.

:banghead:

Leyton Gooner
Location: Lokomotiv Plovdiv in the Channel 5 Thursday night cup

Post by Leyton Gooner »

elpelsarmy wrote: Come on then?
who is going to be first person to say that they hope we lose the final because it might hasten Wenger`s exit??

The usual suspects???
Defeat will not hasten his exit so I hope we win. If it was a contract ending year however...

herbert

Post by herbert »

augie

Post by augie »

Does getting to the final (against a team that is gonna qualify for champs league) mean that we have already qualified for sperzday night football again next season ? :cry: :cry: :banghead: :banghead:

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

Finally we got a performance to be proud of last night. That 2nd half was proper just grind it out football(which for once we were able to do), and as soon as those *word censored* were loosing they were quieter than a mouse. I would love to see us win it, and maybe Wenger having finally won everything in England will then piss off :)

greengooner

Post by greengooner »

BFG4 wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:06 pm
Finally we got a performance to be proud of last night. That 2nd half was proper just grind it out football(which for once we were able to do), and as soon as those *word censored* were loosing they were quieter than a mouse. I would love to see us win it, and maybe Wenger having finally won everything in England will then piss off :)
No.....no he won’t....ever

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

rodders999 wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:58 pm
Let's go on and win the fucking thing now, I have so many painful memories of this competition it's time to put it right.

The Chmpagne Charlie 87 final I just can't remember and sadly as it happens my first ever Arsenal memory is that bastard Luton Town final in 88. Oh how I cried and cried and cried. Fucking Stein brothers.

93 Sheffield Wednesday in the first part of the cup double was great apart from Big Tone trying to kill Steve Morrow. Loved that kit and the goal by Merse.

Then there was the time Wenger played the second string against the chavs in Cardiff. Fucking threw that game.

And finally the Birmingham debacle which turned into peak banter era fare at the end.

So we're due one in this competition, over due one so let's go and do it now and FUCK THE STEINS :barscarf:
The Luton final was my first Arsenal final in attendance and it was on my birthday, what could possibly ruin that day :rubchin: oh yeah, winterburn taking a sh*t penalty and gus ceasear falling over his shoelaces.

Wenker has a chance to make history and become the only Arsenal manager to lose 3 league cup finals.

Ziegler1988

Post by Ziegler1988 »

augie wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:22 pm
Does getting to the final (against a team that is gonna qualify for champs league) mean that we have already qualified for sperzday night football again next season ? :cry: :cry: :banghead: :banghead:
Only the winner gets a spot

augie

Post by augie »

Ziegler1988 wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:02 pm
augie wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:22 pm
Only the winner gets a spot

Thank fcuk for that :barscarf: