€H£L$£A|Home|LC Semi|24th Jan|20:00

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
g88ner

Re: €H£L$£A|Home|LC Semi|24th Jan|20:00

Post by g88ner »

Alexis who? We've got nacho 8)

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Always nice to get back to Wembley, especially beating those c.unts who are going back to their rightful 1990s-2003 spot of being our favourite team to play against!

We (nearly) always beat the big teams in finals - its fucking Luton and Birmingham who fuck us over. Hopefully another pot for the cabinet and the Spuds one gathering dust as usual

Great performance by Nacho - for once that cock Alan Smith picked the right MOTM

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

g88ner wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:02 pm
Alexis who? We've got nacho 8)
So Nacho
He's gotta be.....so Nacho
Good and strong
Enough to blow my bong :shock:

:barscarf:

Midz

Post by Midz »

Fuck off Dennis Wise

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Ozil was quite first half but absolutely outstanding in the second. So good on the ball, the pass he gave Iwobi for that chance he had no right to make. Worked his socks off too

Yankee_Gooner_Dandee

Post by Yankee_Gooner_Dandee »

really hope Ozil stays after this season

Clash

Post by Clash »

And all London derby semi final 2nd leg ... but so fucking tame. Where is the aggression in football nowadays?

The passion and importance of these games have been ruined by money and greed. I actually felt depressed and detached for long spells watching that because it was so fucking dull. Not what a semi-final should be. Where was the tension? Where was the atmosphere?

Modern football is just sanitised shite played and managed by foreigners who don't actually give a shit.

The league cup is now a chore to everyone involved in football at the top level ... except when it conveniently comes along so they can save face.

A competition I has always loved but that has been belittled beyond repair. Wenger should be banned from this cup. That cunnt doesnt deserve to be in the final the way he has treated it over the years but there he was grinning like the smug cunnt he is.

This fucker gets so much luck its unreal. Two deflections for the first goal. One for the second. Hazzard inexplicably falling over when he was through on goal, injuries to opposition both before and during the game ... whoever who thinks Wenger's pact with the devil has expired is just wrong! The voodoo is still very much working.

I've gone right off Conte too. Anyone who cant get the better of a tactical imbecile like Wenger in 5-6 games is not exactly top of my list of those to replace him in seven years time.

Wrong time and thread for this mini rant? Sorry ... need to try and display some euphoria:

WEMBLEY, WEMBLEY, WE'RE THE FAMOUS AR-SE-NAL AND WE'RE GOING TO WEMBLEY :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

To be honest, I don't feel especially elated at this result ... and this actually makes me angry. Hence the above.

In summary... good result ... but not exactly 1987 was it?

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

It's all a conspiracy by the other clubs to keep Wenger in his job.

:twisted:

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

Chuffed to bits with that result. Much needed boost in the middle of a dreadful season 8)

How many trips to Wembley is that in the last 4 years or so? Unbelievable. Warm up match against sp*rs there in a couple of weeks too! :lol:

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

So we didn't sell out for this game then, looks like just under 1,000 tickets were unsold. :twisted:

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

Fuck em ! Wish it could have been Scum instead !! Love Wembley :barscarf: :barscarf:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Let's go on and win the fucking thing now, I have so many painful memories of this competition it's time to put it right.

The Chmpagne Charlie 87 final I just can't remember and sadly as it happens my first ever Arsenal memory is that bastard Luton Town final in 88. Oh how I cried and cried and cried. Fucking Stein brothers.

93 Sheffield Wednesday in the first part of the cup double was great apart from Big Tone trying to kill Steve Morrow. Loved that kit and the goal by Merse.

Then there was the time Wenger played the second string against the chavs in Cardiff. Fucking threw that game.

And finally the Birmingham debacle which turned into peak banter era fare at the end.

So we're due one in this competition, over due one so let's go and do it now and FUCK THE STEINS :barscarf:

corkbarry

Post by corkbarry »

It seems so wrong to sing "She wore a Yellow ribbon in the merry month of FEBRUARY" :rubchin:

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Finally, we've got through to another one of these final's. We've got an abysmal record, hopefully that can change.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

25th Anniversary of our last League Cup win...I was there in 93...Let's all do The Merson and all that..
Poor game last night, lit up by Ozil's quality at times..Monreal was brilliant , Lacazette had a good second half and Xhaka was decent , taking his goal well..Got a touch of fortune with both goals but overall I thought Arsenal just about shaded it.
The negatives, Iwobi hasn't a footballers brain or instinct..He continously runs into traffic when on the ball, he done very well to dig out the initial pass for the winning goal but overall his passing was careless..Thought Elneny covered well on a few occasions but again was careless on the ball especially in his passing..
Another Wembley final..This could be classed in time as the "accidential final" getting there was never really in the plan in September.