€H£L$£A|Home|LC Semi|24th Jan|20:00

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
goonersid

Re: €H£L$£A|Home|LC Semi|24th Jan|20:00

Post by goonersid »

elpelsarmy wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:48 pm
Come on then?
who is going to be first person to say that they hope we lose the final because it might hasten Wenger`s exit??

The usual suspects???
Me !!! and I make no fucking apologies for it!!! I couldn’t bare (should we win) the nauseating sight fo wenger being held aloft by this shower of spineless fucking players!!
Nor could I withstand listening to him drivel on about how this shower of shite are on the vergyof doing something special !!
So yes I genuinely hope we get fucking humiliated by a citeh reserve 11.
Anyone who thinks this means I’m not a genuine fan can go and fuck themselves cos I don’t give a flying fuck what you think!!
Losing this meaningless cup may not spell the end for the lying useless bastard in charge, but winning it will almost certainly prolong the suffering , deceit and patronising shite we have had to endure for the past 12 years !!!

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

goonersid wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:54 pm

Me !!! and I make no fucking apologies for it!!! I couldn’t bare (should we win) the nauseating sight fo wenger being held aloft by this shower of spineless fucking players!!
Nor could I withstand listening to him drivel on about how this shower of shite are on the vergyof doing something special !!
Anyone who thinks this means I’m not a genuine fan can go and fuck themselves cos I don’t give a flying fuck what you think!!
Losing this meaningless cup may not spell the end for the lying useless bastard in charge, but winning it will almost certainly prolong the suffering , deceit and patronising shite we have had to endure for the past 12 years !!!
Controversial!.. but I agree. :twisted:

Was the FA cup worth it? - a lot of people would say no, so is the League cup worth it? - definitely not.

NickF

Post by NickF »

Always nice to win a cup but it shouldn't be used to mask our failures in the bigger trophies which it has been.

In the league we seem to be out of the running earlier and earlier. We've been effectively playing dead rubber games since December this season which is criminal.

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

You disbelieving fuckers I told you we would win

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

markyp

Post by markyp »

goonersid wrote:
elpelsarmy wrote:
Come on then?
who is going to be first person to say that they hope we lose the final because it might hasten Wenger`s exit??

The usual suspects???
well said goonersid

elpelsarmy

Post by elpelsarmy »

goonersid wrote:
elpelsarmy wrote:
Come on then?

The usual suspects???
Good lad, I knew it wouldn't be long, I honestly don't think it will make any difference to whether Wenger stays or goes in 6 or 18 months time if we lost or got humiliated, I think they already know either way when he is going so what`s the point in wanting us to lose a cup final?
At the point of the teams lining up for kick off it is just not in me to want the Gunners to lose ANY game no matter what my feelings are about things off the pitch.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Its all about winning trophies, and days at Wembley are for the fans......so fuck Wenger, Kroenke, Gazidis and all the other c.unts. I want us to win it and extend the trophy gap between us and that fucking shower from up the road. I want my lads to get the same pleasure from lifting this cup as I did in 1987 and 1993

If some other fans are sad enough to see it as some sort of redemption for Shit for Brains then so be it. I'd see us win the cup and still boo his arse off at the next opportunity and hold a banner aloft demanding him out. Perhaps those cocks who would see it as a success would remind him of his own words in 2011 "Top players do not ask 'did you win the League Cup', they ask 'do you play in the Champions League'?" Maybe that explains why none of them want to join us then you old c.unt

If we finished 14th and didn't win anything the old c.unt would still be here to haunt us next season, and probably for more beyond that so in the meantime I'm going to keep wanting trophies and still wanting him out at the same time

Bob Bayliss

Post by Bob Bayliss »

:barscarf: Those who say it makes no difference to whether he goes any time soon or "earns" another extension off the back of another cup; the only evidence we have is that he has done the latter. We can't be sure he would have stayed had he lost the finals against Hull and Chelsea.

If there's even a slim chance no trophies this season will seal his fate, I want to be given that hope.
Last edited by Bob Bayliss on Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

GTG

Post by GTG »

To be fair I totally understand where Sid is coming from but the it sums up the club we follow that we even have to make a choice.

I want Arsenal to win Anything but it comes to something when we all know that winning a trophy just gives another excuse for Wenger to use as leverage to carry on serving up the complete and utter shit in what should always be The bread and butter of the league and other major trophies.

If we won it, it will be a major reason for him to stay on. He may well regardless but I totally get why any reason to pile more pressure on is something fans would prefer. It's fucking ridiculous but it's where we are.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

I felt dreadful going into the FA Cup Final last year, guilty almost..Here was my club playing on my favourite day of the season in the competition that actually got me hooked on football and Arsenal..And yet I knew that winning the final against Chelsea would probably be counter productive for the club, for all the reasons mentioned above..I was delighted we won but I didn't celebrate in any way..in fact an hour or so after the game I it was normality again in my house..contrast that with 1979 or1993 etc..
I have changed somewhat now and to be honest I hope Arsenal win and I can take some enjoyment from that win because winning or losing or whatever is going to make no difference to the length of Arsene Wenger's (mis) management of Arsenal..

Herd

Post by Herd »

Wenger will not quit Arsenal.....EVER ,he will hold on untill hes kicked out the door. And that wont happen anytime soon.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Bob Bayliss wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:38 pm
:barscarf: Those who say it makes no difference to whether he goes any time soon or "earns" another extension off the back of another cup; the only evidence we have is that he has done the latter. We can't be sure he would have stayed had he lost the finals against Hull and Chelsea.

If there's even a slim chance no trophies this season will seal his fate, I want to be given that
hope.
Not true - the 3 year extension he was given back in 2011 came on the back of 6 trophyless years and scrapping around in 4th. He's just finished outside the CL places which everyone used to assume kept him in the job and it didn't make a blind bit of difference.

If we lost 7-0 in the final and finished 7th, I guarantee he'd still be here next season

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

I will never leave, the cash and power is so strong Luke!
Where in the world could I get this security and blind faith from my supporters, only at Arsene PLC.....
Darth Venger....

Bob Bayliss

Post by Bob Bayliss »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:38 am
Bob Bayliss wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:38 pm

If there's even a slim chance no trophies this season will seal his fate, I want to be given that
hope.
Not true - the 3 year extension he was given back in 2011 came on the back of 6 trophyless years and scrapping around in 4th. He's just finished outside the CL places which everyone used to assume kept him in the job and it didn't make a blind bit of difference.

If we lost 7-0 in the final and finished 7th, I guarantee he'd still be here next season
I do think that he still had a credit balance with the fans in 2011 which has evaporated year-by-year since. There was never any serious pressure on him from within the fan-base back then (though a small minority of us knew he had shot his bolt). Three years later was different. There was a consensus of opinion that he would have either been persuaded to leave or walked had we lost to Wigan in the semi or Hull in the final. The Kieran Gibbs clearance off the line at 2-0 was widely regarded as the moment that saved his job. Of course we can never prove it.....but I would have loved the chance to test it. Last season he was on the ropes in March after that wretched run of League form and the humiliation against Bayern both home and away. Not only was most of the fanbase against him, there was evidence he had powerful enemies on the board too. Again, the common consensus is that the FA Cup wins against City and Chelsea dampened any prospect that this campaign against him being given yet another extension would win the day. Again, it can never be proved that he would have left without the FA Cup win. But again, I would have loved the chance to test it.

Just look at the headline which The Gooner editor, who is the most eloquent and consistent advocate of "Wenger Out" I know - ran with in his account of the Chelsea match: "Arsene gives the fans another day out at Wembley". If this is his take on it, how do we expect the rest of our fanbase to see it, let alone our board?

So: while I take your point about 2011, I believe he has become considerably more vulnerable since then, and it is at least possible that the cups have saved his bacon. All I ask is that we get the chance to test that theory. I just fear that City's fixture congestion will make it a closer contest than it deserves to be......