Mkhitaryan..... merged thread.

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
TeeCee

Re: Welcome to Arsenal, Henrikh

Post by TeeCee »

I don’t really understand the negativity towards Mkhitaryan. I think we’ve all been negative so long now nothing is right but I think we ought to bear in mind that the club fucked up the whole Sanchez thing and at best we may have got 20m which would have disappeared into our bottomless bank account or more likely Sanchez would have left for nothing. What we’ve done is got a player who could easily be worth 60m if he has a cracking last few months of the season and he IS capable of being very good. What we have quite frankly is the best case scenario after Wongas immense fuck up, so let’s give Mkhitaryan a chance FFS. If he’s shit for the next few months then he can be the new Ramsey!

It is becoming more and more obvious that Wongas power is being diluted. He said just after walking into the marble halls all those years ago, that he cannot work with an interfering board, well ‘they’ are interfering so what’s he going to do?! For the first time in many many years there’s a glimmer of light. Fuck Sanchez, he’s a united player, end of story.

Wilson

Post by Wilson »

He is a good player but the circumstances of his arrival are not good. This window we have lost Sanchez and Walcott an added attacking midfielder. I didnt like Walcott and felt he should have been moved on years ago, however he was a natural wide player and with Chamberlain gone, we dont really have any real depth outwide. In fact we only have Welbeck and Iwobi who can play outwide. Now with the arrival of Henrikh and the emergence of Wilshere, we have an overload of centre/attacking midfielders (Ozil, Henrikh, Wilshere, Ramsey, Xhaka, Elneny). So you just know in the games to come your going to see either Ramsey, Wilshere, Ozil, Henrikh, featuring heavily on the wing. Its nothing new, as Wenger has made a habit of collecting centre/attacking midfielders to the point he has to play them on the wing or not at all.

Ridiculous planning this window. An unbalanced squad even more unbalanced. This is why you need a director of football. Someone to look at things from a big picture and long term point of view. For a manager accused of always looking into the future, he doesn't really buy players to fit any long term planning. Reminds of of one of those spontaneous shoppers who walks past a window and spends two weeks wages on a vanity item. Then later on cant afford to get the car leak fixed which is essential.

SPUDMASHER

Post by SPUDMASHER »

augie wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:15 pm
SPUDMASHER wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:41 pm
augie wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:49 pm
Gunnersaurus wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:43 pm
Sanchez was a Barcelona reject and he seemed to do alright.

Actually not disappointed with this, bit annoying seeing all the plastic United fans laughing at it but remember being annoyed when we were linked with him all summer to then sign for United, loads wanted him at the time.

He's going to be an upgrade on Walcott/Iwobi, hopefully the club seal the Aubameyang deal who will feel like a Sanchez replacement then I don't think it's been that bad a window, well in the sense that the contract situation was a clusterfuck that didn't end the way I expected with 'internal solutions'

Sanchez was a "reject" from the best team in the world at that time - mickyfuckface is a reject from an absolutely shite manure team :roll:

My dead grandmother would be better than those two useless c.unts :evil: :evil: :censored: :censored:
Fuckin hell mate, give the poor bastard a chance before you write him off.
Negative is one thing but premature assassination is over the top.
I hope he does well because that means Arsenal are more likely to do well.

Spuddy this evening I am woefully depressed and all sense of rational dialogue is gone - I dont mean to write him off, and maybe he is/will be a good player, but he will always be compared to sanchez cos of the structure of this deal, and he aint anywhere near as good as sanchez. If we signed him last summer I might have supported his signing, but he is coming to us in bad circumstances (in my opinion anyway) and personally I would rather have taken the £35m that was alleged to be the price for sanchez
Better to have the player than increase wiggy's pension fund mate!

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

augie wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:18 pm
manure reject - meh :roll:
and Bergkamp was an Inter reject

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

Delighted we've signed Mkhitaryan. 8)

He's a player I liked at dortmund and I was disappointed he went to united and not arsenal.

Glad the sanchez saga is over; he's a big loss but getting Mkhitaryan for a player who wanted out and had only 6months left on his contract is a better result than I was expecting!

Sign that dortmund striker and I'd say we leave the January window stronger than we entered it. Got to be happy with that?

augie

Post by augie »

flash gunner wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:38 am
augie wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:18 pm
manure reject - meh :roll:
and Bergkamp was an Inter reject

Indeed he was 8)

I think that we can all agree that sometimes there are very good players who are more suited to the style of football in a particular country or club - for me veron was a standout example of a top, top player who was just not able to adapt to english football and flopped as a result. Players like Bergkamp might not be suited for the ultra defensive serie a, and be more at home playing in a league that is more open like england. Miki (if thats what we are calling him) has only had one example of english football and he has not proved to be a success thus far. Could the attitude and tactics of moaninho have been the reason why he failed at manure ? Absolutely, but it could also be very possible that we have got a player more suited to german football (and in particular dortmund) and who may not be able to adapt to the physical, hundred mile an hour football played in england.

Just to clear up my preference for us taking money for sanchez instead of the swap deal, the reasons are as follows -
1. That money could and should have been used to strengthen the defensive part of the team.
2. History tells me that moaninho (and manure for that matter) only sell us players that they are confident wont hurt them in the long term -
3. If that transfer fee stayed in the club coffers, it certainly would have enraged fans and help provoke fans into protests. It would also have prevented le senile c*ck from wasting any more money on shite/average players, plus it might leave a bit more cash in the kitty for our next manager 8)

paris 95

Post by paris 95 »

Very good player In the right team. Think if we can get his old sparing friend back we can at least score more goals. Only concern being is wenger will totally disrupt anything these two had going. I worked in Germany when Dortmund were a good team and both are good players. Under the right manager.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Henrikh Mkhitaryan.....how long will it be before I can just type that rather than using copy and paste.....never perhaps.

Anyway, welcome to THE BANTER ERA :barscarf:

Clash

Post by Clash »

I get that people are bored with being constantly negative and that its not fair to write off a player before he's kicked a ball for us ... but how can this deal feel anything but depressing ?!

Our best player has gone to Man United. In return we have accepted one of their failed signings. How exactly are we going to close the gap on what should be a rival club when we do things like this?

Man United are not that special on the pitch at the moment IMO but because Wenger is such a small time coward, their mentality is in a different league to ours. It feels like they have been allowed to belittle us (again!) and patronisingly pat us on the head by letting us have Mkhitaryan :roll:

Mkhitaryan is a good player though and if he gets shite like Xhaka or Ramsey out the team then I welcome him. Trouble is, Wenger probably wont allow that.

Clash

Post by Clash »

rodders999 wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:22 am
Henrikh Mkhitaryan.....how long will it be before I can just type that rather than using copy and paste.....never perhaps.

Anyway, welcome to THE BANTER ERA :barscarf:
Thanks Rodders I used your post to copy and paste his name :D

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Henrikh will be the replacement for Ozil when he leaves in the summer

that means we will have effectively let Sanchez leave on a free this window.
all smokes and mirrors at Arsenal these days.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:01 am

Seems that way, will be hard to accommodate both in same team....with lack of wide players are we to see the return of Ramsey or even Iwobi on the wing.... :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

worthing_gooner

Post by worthing_gooner »

Negative, negative, negative :blah:

He's a class act and I'm delighted we've signed him. He was unreal at Dortmund. Let's give the guy a chance before we write him off :roll:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Redarmy wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:25 am
Gunner Rob wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:01 am

Seems that way, will be hard to accommodate both in same team....with lack of wide players are we to see the return of Ramsey or even Iwobi on the wing.... :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:
wait a minute will he put the new guy on the wing....that would be typical Wenger :rubchin:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

worthing_gooner wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:52 pm
Negative, negative, negative :blah:

He's a class act and I'm delighted we've signed him. He was unreal at Dortmund. Let's give the guy a chance before we write him off :roll:
dont think there is any doubt he is a very good player......