Blast from the Past

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Bradywasking

Re: Blast from the Past

Post by Bradywasking »

Allgunsblazin wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:43 am
I cannot and will not accept that his leg break was an accident, these are fucking professional footballers, even the majority of grassroots players know to keep the legs down to reduce the impact, no fucking straight leg....
Sorry guys just makes me mad, and I take great pleasure sending *word censored* off who try to maim a fellow player!...
No definitely not an accident...I'm not saying Taylor deliberately broke Eduardo's leg but he did deliberately go in to hurt him and intimidate Arsenal..There was a photograph on one of the papers which I saw online afterwards of Taylor on the ground with a grin on his face..At that point he may not have realised the extent of the damage but he knew he had got Eduardo..The media were full of it at that time, kick Arsenal they don't like it etc..
Eduardo was a great player really coming into his own at Arsenal..

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

Bradywasking wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:26 am
Allgunsblazin wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:43 am
I cannot and will not accept that his leg break was an accident, these are fucking professional footballers, even the majority of grassroots players know to keep the legs down to reduce the impact, no fucking straight leg....
Sorry guys just makes me mad, and I take great pleasure sending *word censored* off who try to maim a fellow player!...
No definitely not an accident...I'm not saying Taylor deliberately broke Eduardo's leg but he did deliberately go in to hurt him and intimidate Arsenal..There was a photograph on one of the papers which I saw online afterwards of Taylor on the ground with a grin on his face..At that point he may not have realised the extent of the damage but he knew he had got Eduardo..The media were full of it at that time, kick Arsenal they don't like it etc..
Eduardo was a great player really coming into his own at Arsenal..
Then we had the Ramsey leg break, fucking disgraceful really when I think about it all.... :cussing:

SPUDMASHER

Post by SPUDMASHER »

He’s still playing apparently. For Legia Warsaw and is 35 next month.

Blade

Post by Blade »

Even David [Sloth]Hillier can get to the by-line and cross a ball.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQa_Xc8mCnc

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

Eduardo. :(

Such a great player in the making, ruined by a disgusting tackle. I was there on his come back game vs Cardiff (he scored twice) and I was also at the Emirates when he came back with Shakhtar and scored for them as we beat them 5-1. He received a heartwarming welcome when he came on from the bench in the second-half, the stadium cheered when he scored the goal and we sang his name too.

That day in Birmingham was the day we lost the title that year, no doubt. I genuinely believe had the injury not happened then we would have gone on to win the league and Eduardo would have gone on to be a great striker.