Swansea City|Away|PL|30th Jan|19:45

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
NickF

Re: Swansea City|Away|PL|30th Jan|19:45

Post by NickF »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:13 pm

Yeah, but it seems like this Sven bloke can spot a half decent player!
Like Aubameyang? Don't think you really need to be an expert to know he's good!

Eboue-Why?

Post by Eboue-Why? »

Xhaka offers nothing to this team apart from a lack of defensive awareness, side way passing and the tendency to lose his head and get red carded.
Still what do I know, I haven’t worked in football for 30 years....but I do have eyes and common sense

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

Eboue-Why? wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:52 pm
Xhaka offers nothing to this team apart from a lack of defensive awareness, side way passing and the tendency to lose his head and get red carded.
Still what do I know, I haven’t worked in football for 30 years....but I do have eyes and common sense
I concur :cry: he really is a pile of shite,useless wage thief who is no doubt on astronomical wages meaning we will never get rid of the *word censored*

Midz

Post by Midz »

Xhaka came from the Swiss league.
Who the fuck buys players from there other than our clueless *word censored*?

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

Midz wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:05 pm
Xhaka came from the Swiss league.
Who the fuck buys players from there other than our clueless *word censored*?
Ah yes, the "Swiss" bundesliga. Home of borussia munchengladbach and bayern Munich; no decent players have ever played there! :D

GranadaJoe

Post by GranadaJoe »

falkirk goon wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:20 pm
Eboue-Why? wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:52 pm
I concur :cry: he really is a pile of shite,useless wage thief who is no doubt on astronomical wages meaning we will never get rid of the *word censored*

I've defended him quite a bit; he looked so good at the Euro Championship, but he's slow, his passing is variable at best, his tackling always makes me worried and the way he stands there and watches opposition players run past him makes my blood boil (Swansea was a horrendous example, and for me, the final straw.).

Lord Wenger has been playing him further forward recently, but he looks no better.

It's time to offload him back to Germany.

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

GranadaJoe wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:32 pm

He like Wenger is a good example of how this club is run - should have been replaced years ago but just like wiggy keeps giving Wenker a new contract, Wenger keeps persevering with players who keep letting him down (like Xhaka), then we wonder why we are stagnating?.

:roll:

Any other big club would cut their losses and get shot of him for say £20M, maybe more in this ridiculous market, and move on, so tedious.

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

sk-gtfo wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:15 pm
GranadaJoe wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:32 pm

He like Wenger is a good example of how this club is run - should have been replaced years ago but just like wiggy keeps giving Wenker a new contract, Wenger keeps persevering with players who keep letting him down (like Xhaka), then we wonder why we are stagnating?.

:roll:

Any other big club would cut their losses and get shot of him for say £20M, maybe more in this ridiculous market, and move on, so tedious.
I concur x2
How many times has he ambled back watching the opposition score? id guess its upwards of 10 times,probably 20 :oops: Life at le fartpipes Arsenal..where nobody is accountable to anyone.

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

We sound like a bunch of moany old gits at times... :blah: :blah:
However Xhaka has done fuck all, he has two speeds, slow and dead fucking slow, I wonder how he gets out of bed in the morning, the lazy fucker!
Ozil (when he turns up) looks Dynamic compared to this money grabbing waste of space....

Feel better now..... :D

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

NickF wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:15 am
SteveO 35 wrote:

Nick do you think Wenger would have done this transfer on his own, no fucking way!
He would have offered £30m then after it was turned down would have raised it by a squid, remember that embarrassing offer!....
So Sven will do for me, at least he has a grasp on transfer prices in 2018, other than that arrogant dinosaur!...

NickF

Post by NickF »

Allgunsblazin wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:50 am
NickF wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:

Nick do you think Wenger would have done this transfer on his own, no fucking way!
He would have offered £30m then after it was turned down would have raised it by a squid, remember that embarrassing offer!....
So Sven will do for me, at least he has a grasp on transfer prices in 2018, other than that arrogant dinosaur!...
We got the likes of Ozil, Alexis and Lacazette before Sven so why not?
But even with the new guy in, we left it so late there was a danger of it not going through to the point we even paid Batshuayi loan fee.

However anything that takes power away from Wenger must be good.

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

NickF wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:55 am
Allgunsblazin wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:50 am
NickF wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:

We got the likes of Ozil, Alexis and Lacazette before Sven so why not?
But even with the new guy in, we left it so late there was a danger of it not going through to the point we even paid Batshuayi loan fee.

However anything that takes power away from Wenger must be good.
Loan fee was a bit cheeky but thanks to Chelsea for really making this deal possible eh?
Without their interest in Giroud, could have been another Rocky Transfer Horror Show!

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

It's painful to see how xhaka hasn't learnt any defensive lesson this season. It always seems to be wrighty highlighting his lack of commitment to defending our 18 yard box. He doesn't challenge, doesn't track the running attacker and literally stops when he sees the penalty area.

wibble

Post by wibble »

Allgunsblazin wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:40 am
We sound like a bunch of moany old gits at times... :blah: :blah:
However Xhaka has done fuck all, he has two speeds, slow and dead fucking slow, I wonder how he gets out of bed in the morning, the lazy fucker!
Ozil (when he turns up) looks Dynamic compared to this money grabbing waste of space....

Feel better now..... :D
At times?

Also, less of the 'we'. I for one never moan about the shitfest our club has become from top to bottom, the unbalanced squad, useless defence, lack of leadership on and off the pitch, lack of decent coaching or tactics, high ticket prices to compensate for the aforementioned overpaid shit players....

Now look what you've done :wink:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

NickF wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:

Think he might needed to have been first time round when the bloke was at St Etienne