Everton|Home|PL|3rd Feb|17:30

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
GranadaJoe

Re: Everton|Home|PL|3rd Feb|17:30

Post by GranadaJoe »

Herd wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:01 pm
All we need now is a defensive midfielder and a goalkeeper and that 4th place is a shoe in for years too come !

And a right back.

We've only got one and he's very average at best.

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

SPUDMASHER wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:12 pm
Can’t believe we lost 5-1 at home today. Fucking tossers :cussing:

What’s that?...... we won? :shock:

Sorry, after reading the slating all of the team seems to be getting on this thread I naturally assumed we had lost not won. My apologies, I should have remembered that this place is mostly populated by miserable fuckers that have totally forgotten how to enjoy a fucking good result.
Hear hear spuddy 8)

LeftfootlegendGooner

sk-gtfo wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:26 pm
Iwobi and Xhaka should be the first two out the door this summer if Wenger's power has truly been taken away from him. A typical flat track bully performance from Arsenal against a poor Everton defensive performance, back to reality again at SHL next weekend, every league game is a friendly from then on because I can't see us getting near the top 4.

Sadly with Aubameyang cup-tied for the EL I can't see us winning that either, Lacazette isn't top drawer and our defense (and Xhaka) are not good enough. All in all... boring boring Arsenal. The positive news though is Cech is out so if we conceed a penalty we have at least a chance it wont be a goal for the opposition.

:roll:
Seriously after winning 5-1 :roll:

Look we all want Wenger gone but you're making yourself look foolish with that type of comment imo.

SPUDMASHER

Post by SPUDMASHER »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:33 pm
sk-gtfo wrote:
Iwobi and Xhaka should be the first two out the door this summer if Wenger's power has truly been taken away from him. A typical flat track bully performance from Arsenal against a poor Everton defensive performance, back to reality again at SHL next weekend, every league game is a friendly from then on because I can't see us getting near the top 4.

Sadly with Aubameyang cup-tied for the EL I can't see us winning that either, Lacazette isn't top drawer and our defense (and Xhaka) are not good enough. All in all... boring boring Arsenal. The positive news though is Cech is out so if we conceed a penalty we have at least a chance it wont be a goal for the opposition.

Look we all want Wenger gone but you're making yourself look foolish with that type of comment imo.
Agreed!
If you want to look like a total fucking twat you could could walk along Oxford Street wearing pink tights and a spuds shirt with your cock hanging out.......... or you could moan and whine on a day when your team has just won having scored 5 goals and your promising new signings all looked good.

Rosie_titters

Post by Rosie_titters »

early days but Mkhitaryan reminds me of Bobby Pires with the way he moves and plays. Alrthough saying that i thought Xhaka was going to be the next Edu. :D :D

The problem we have, is any player is half decent, it's not long before another club nicks them, Keep this up and Mkhitarayan and Aubameyang will be gone before 2020. :banghead:

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

SPUDMASHER wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:49 pm
sk-gtfo wrote:

Agreed!
If you want to look like a total fucking twat you could could walk along Oxford Street wearing pink tights and a spuds shirt with your cock hanging out.......... or you could moan and whine on a day when your team has just won having scored 5 goals and your promising new signings all looked good.
Oh look the Xhaka and Iwobi fan club are in town!. :twisted:

We won 5-1 so what?, what is this result actually working towards?, we generally beat fodder at home and showed the usual defensive frailties.

No need to take offence just because I don't have a w@nk about beating fodder at home.

If we go to Spurs and beat them 5-1 then fair enough but this is hardly anything new.

LeftfootlegendGooner

SPUDMASHER wrote:
sk-gtfo wrote:

Agreed!
:lol:

Apart from the spuds shirt bit I immediately thought of DB :shock: :lol:

LeftfootlegendGooner

sk-gtfo wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:03 am
SPUDMASHER wrote:
sk-gtfo wrote:

Agreed!
Oh look the Xhaka and Iwobi fan club are in town!. :twisted:

We won 5-1 so what?, what is this result actually working towards?, we generally beat fodder at home and showed the usual defensive frailties.

No need to take offence just because I don't have a w@nk about beating fodder at home.

If we go to Spurs and beat them 5-1 then fair enough but this is hardly anything new.
Oh dear with that retort you’re definitely not getting on Rodders Banter Bus.

Who’s taking offence, I was merely trying to help you save yourself from apppearing like a twat but unfortunately there’s no saving you now :? :lol:

At least I tried.

NickF

Post by NickF »

Rosie_titters wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:08 pm
early days but Mkhitaryan reminds me of Bobby Pires with the way he moves and plays.
We will remind you of this when you're calling him a useless tw*t in a few weeks time! :D

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Look as an individual spectacle it was a good match against a badly organised side, some excellent play from our forward players and some nice work from Ramsey to score his hat-trick.

Negatives being I am not convinced by Mustafi at all and at times Kos is nearly as bad, one or two excellent tackles don't blot out his poor decision making at times and immobility at some set pieces. Other defenders were found wanting at times and we really need to tighten up at the back as a complete unit.

As a league match it was nothing more than 3 points in a season where we are already so far off the pace we're going to need a miracle to even reach top 4 and any sort of challenge for the league went begging months ago.

If you want positivity we are capable of scoring against any team when playing like that!!

Until we have played that well for 3 or 4 matches in a row i wont believe in any renaissance within the team structure because like it or not we are probably one of the most defensively vulnerable teams in the PL currently.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

GranadaJoe wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:15 pm
Herd wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:01 pm
All we need now is a defensive midfielder and a goalkeeper and that 4th place is a shoe in for years too come !

And a right back.

We've only got one and he's very average at best.
and a new manager......

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Everton”s fans must think we are world beaters , beaten 5-2 at Goodison, stuffed 5-1 at the Emirates.
They are the team that we have scored most league goals against.

Saw a post somewhere that said Walcott got a standing ovation from the home crowd when he was subbed off ( more than he usually received when playing for us ) hope he gave his usual limp little clap, clap back as a mark of respect.

Mickey got a little lucky with the he first assist that should have been cut out, but he looks up before picking out his player, which is something Wally, Ox, Bellerin, etc, etc never did.

Now we have a very decent front line (excluding Iwobi) I would,like to see our defenders defend and not push the full backs on, as there is no need.
Let the attackers go for it between them, reduce the amount of tracking back required by keeping the back 4 solidly in position
Last edited by StuartL on Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bergkamp10

Post by bergkamp10 »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:57 pm
Fuck off Cech

Don’t rush back
True he is well past his best. However he will be at AFC for several more years to come yet!

bergkamp10

Post by bergkamp10 »

StuartL wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:20 pm
Everton”s fans must think we are world beaters , beaten 5-2 at Goodison, stuffed 5-1 at the Emirates.
They are th Ethan that we have scored most league goals against.

Saw a post somewhere that said Walcott got a standing ovation from the home crowd when he was subbed off ( more than he usually received when playing for us ) hope he gave his usual limp little clap, clap back as a mark of respect.

Mickey got a little lucky with the he first assist that should have been cut out, but he looks up before picking out his player, which is something Wally, Ox, Bellerin, etc, etc never did.

Now we have a very decent front line (excluding Iwobi) I would,like to see our defenders defend and not push the full backs on, as there is no need.
Let the attackers go for it between them, reduce the amount of tracking back required by keeping the back 4 solidly in position
SL, I am still amazed but not surprised that Walcott lasted so long at AFC. He really was a pathetic player in my mind.

Absolutely no intelligence.... whatsoever! He showed to my mind everything that was or is wrong in the modern game today or at the very least at AFC.

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:08 pm
For the first time in 5 years we have a striker! :barscarf:
Always liked Ramsey up front !!. :barscarf: :barscarf: