Everton|Home|PL|3rd Feb|17:30

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Ray C

Re: Everton|Home|PL|3rd Feb|17:30

Post by Ray C »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:28 pm
Gunner Rob wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:47 am
rodders999 wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:57 am
From this mornings presser-

Arsenal to assess if Aubameyang (illness) will make his debut tomorrow.

BANTER FC :coffeespit:
probably suffering from stress, now he realises where he has ended up at
Naah mate! that's what happens when the Arsenal Medical Team get their hands on a player, they only did the feckin' medical and he's injured already, either that or he caught the mysterious injury virus from Diaby during training. :?
Is Diaby fit for this game then !!??. 2-2 Feo brace. :barscarf: :barscarf:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

BFG4 wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:00 pm
Usually i wouldn't give a fuck about this game, but it will piss me off, if he leaves Aubameyang and Mkhitaryan on the bench. Both signings were probably bought over his head, and it will take him an age to leave both Iwobi and lacalazyshit out of the team.

BFG4 You can guarantee that \both players were bought without wenger's authority, it is part of the 'Catalyst for Change' that was promised, it may be a slow process but at least we can see it has begun. But yes, you are correct - so don't be surprised to see both Mkhitaryan and Aubameyang start on the bench. #wengerout

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Ray C wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:10 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:28 pm
Gunner Rob wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:47 am
rodders999 wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:57 am
From this mornings presser-

Arsenal to assess if Aubameyang (illness) will make his debut tomorrow.

BANTER FC :coffeespit:
probably suffering from stress, now he realises where he has ended up at
Naah mate! that's what happens when the Arsenal Medical Team get their hands on a player, they only did the feckin' medical and he's injured already, either that or he caught the mysterious injury virus from Diaby during training. :?
Is Diaby fit for this game then !!??. 2-2 Feo brace. :barscarf: :barscarf:
He's never been fit for anything except collecting his £13.8 million whilst he was under wenger's wing.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Oh good its another meaningless league game to get the juices flowing. Hopefully City will have done us a massive favour by beating the oil barons of Burnley who have cut the gap on us to seven points, and we'll firmly cement our PL future by moving on to 45 points.......42 just isn't quite safe

7 points from 7th, 8 points from 4th - I'll need one of Rodders' Barry White CDs if the excitement levels rise much higher

Still I'm sure loads of middle class kids and their parents will be snapping up Aubameyang shirts in the Armoury so its not all bad news

Feo to score first, an atmosphere like a morgue but a 'super quality, very good spirit' recovery to win 2-1 and set up the world's most boring second half to a season ever.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

2-2 draw....Aubameyang on the bench.."needs time to adjust to the group"...Mkhi to start but replaced on 70 minutes " he was a leetle short"....
Mustafi mistake let's in Feo who forgets he isn't playing for the home team so he reverts to type and virtually passes the ball to Helmet Head, who in turn fucks it up and the ball squirms under him and trickles across the line..
Hunger, focus ,energy and desire see Arsenal recover to lead 2-1 before seven Arsenal defenders fail to pick up Rooney from.a corner and he obliges to make it 2-2...
After the match Wenger says "it's hard to swellow (swallow)..
Asked about protests Wenger says "I wasn't aware of them, I was busy focusing on the game and preparing mentally for it"....

Eboue-Why?

Post by Eboue-Why? »

4/1 Theo to score at anytime.
Fill yer boots gentlemen!

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Bradywasking wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:34 am
2-2 draw....Aubameyang on the bench.."needs time to adjust to the group"...Mkhi to start but replaced on 70 minutes " he was a leetle short"....
Mustafi mistake let's in Feo who forgets he isn't playing for the home team so he reverts to type and virtually passes the ball to Helmet Head, who in turn fucks it up and the ball squirms under him and trickles across the line..
Hunger, focus ,energy and desire see Arsenal recover to lead 2-1 before seven Arsenal defenders fail to pick up Rooney from.a corner and he obliges to make it 2-2...
After the match Wenger says "it's hard to swellow (swallow)..
Asked about protests Wenger says "I wasn't aware of them, I was busy focusing on the game and preparing mentally for it"....
No doubt with regular intervals of berating the fourth official for no apparent reason and a tetchy post match demeanour and further comments about how financial firepower is ruining the game. If you don't like it then f+++ off and let someone else have a crack !

augie

Post by augie »

Of all games going, THIS GAME is the one that we need the wheels to come off spectacularly - of course losing to fat sam wouldn't be something I would willingly wish for, but with the protests resuming today we need ANOTHER farcical performance like last Tuesday night in Swansea. This weeks transfer dealings have been perfected for wenker in that that have totally taken the focus away from another shambolic performance against a relegation threatened side - I fear many fans feel that the new signings is like a new start for the team and are willing to write off everything that has happened thus far :roll:

It is for this reason that I want things to go tits up again today - conceding a few goals from the normally shot shy toffee's would be a great start, and a ronaldoesque like performance from the usually shitty wally, would be the icing on the cake.

That said I do expect us to win 3-1 - there will be a feel good factor with fans eager to see the new signings, and abamayueng might even bag himself a goal if he is not asked to play on the wing :roll:

NickF

Post by NickF »

augie wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:47 am
I fear many fans feel that the new signings is like a new start for the team and are willing to write off everything that has happened thus far :roll:
Exactly this. There will be a feel good factor for a while until they realise we are in this position not because of our attacking play but because our defence is shit.

RobG

Post by RobG »

NickF wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:01 am
augie wrote:
I fear many fans feel that the new signings is like a new start for the team and are willing to write off everything that has happened thus far :roll:
Exactly this. There will be a feel good factor for a while until they realise we are in this position not because of our attacking play but because our defence is shit.

If it goes belly up, it will be interesting to see if protests erupt inside the stadium. Although it's more likely they will just sit there in stoney silence, contemplating their foot long hot dogs. :roll:

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

Eboue-Why? wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:13 am
4/1 Theo to score at anytime.
Fill yer boots gentlemen!
How much for the hat trick?..... :barscarf:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

augie wrote:
Of all games going, THIS GAME is the one that we need the wheels to come off spectacularly - of course losing to fat sam wouldn't be something I would willingly wish for, but with the protests resuming today we need ANOTHER farcical performance like last Tuesday night in Swansea. This weeks transfer dealings have been perfected for wenker in that that have totally taken the focus away from another shambolic performance against a relegation threatened side - I fear many fans feel that the new signings is like a new start for the team and are willing to write off everything that has happened thus far :roll:

It is for this reason that I want things to go tits up again today - conceding a few goals from the normally shot shy toffee's would be a great start, and a ronaldoesque like performance from the usually shitty wally, would be the icing on the cake.

That said I do expect us to win 3-1 - there will be a feel good factor with fans eager to see the new signings, and abamayueng might even bag himself a goal if he is not asked to play on the wing :roll:
I thought we'd moved on from those days but you're right - the amount of people I've spoken to this week who seem to think that the signing of Aubameyang is the beginning of some sort of glory era and not just kids too. There's 2 guys I work with who are both ST holders and they were talking about this as some sort of ground breaking deal. I remind them that they were equally excited after we beat the Spuds and were hailing the Sanchez, Ozil, Lacazette three pronged attack as the start of a new era - well the best player amongst those three has fucked off, one has zero confidence and looks like a hod carrier out there and the other is inconsistent beyond belief and it will be interesting to see how his motivation is now the contract of his dreams has been signed. We really have got some goldfish brain fans, so fickle, and for this reason the protests will fall on deaf ears if we win this and especially if Aubameyang scores.

But this is a team that has lost at Stoke, Bournemouth, Watford, and Swansea - all an absolute crock of shit, threatened by relegation and in 3 instances already having sacked the manager. Each of those defeats were owing to a pathetic laid back attitude, schoolboy defending, paceless passing and a total lack of leadership. I don't see how selling our best player and swapping him for a Man Ure reject, and adding one more striker is going to sort out all those issues. With Helmet Head in goal, a soft as shit defence with zero coaching/discipline, and a bunch of paceless, plodders in midfield a la Hillier, I fail to see what all the excitement is about

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

We have a cup final to come at the end of February and a EL clash coming soon, and those games are the only ones that matter. The logic of some fans is scary, as they will happily pay over the odds to attend shite like this, and act as though a win, means something. They suit Kroenke down to the ground perfectly :banghead:

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

NickF wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:01 am
augie wrote:
And the only reason we've signed Aubameyang is because Sanchez has left, it seems like a lot of Arsenal fans have forgotten that already, we must have the most placid forgiving fans of any 'big' club in the world, no wonder wiggy, the board and sfb take the p*ss out of them but still they sign up for more.

:roll:

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Why is it other teams buy players and they play immediately but we buy players and Wenger always finds reason not to play them straight away :roll:

I'm not being funny but this happens with nearly every player we buy, they need what seems like weeks to get up to speed to be able to play in his team, how much different is our 'training' that they need weeks to acclimatise :banghead: