"Yo Pierre, you wanna come out here?" - Welcome to Arsenal PEA

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Midz

Re: "Yo Pierre, you wanna come out here?" - Welcome to Arsenal PEA

Post by Midz »

Pierre is a really great signing as was Lacazette. It's the shite behind them that are letting them down. I still think Lacazette would do ok if we had a midfield.

Welcome Mr Aubameyang as Henry Norris says. you're a proper fucking striker. :barscarf:

Eboue-Why?

Post by Eboue-Why? »

Good luck son

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Henry Norris 1913 wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:18 pm
It's a bit like we've got a massive leak in our kitchen and instead of fixing the broken pipe we're getting our roof reclad :?

Having said that, he is a proper fucking striker. Hopefully he'll be prepared for dealing with incompetent play from all those around him :barscarf:
being reported by Ornstein that we are in for a CB before deadline....saw Manolas mentioned.......would be pleased with that

Leyton Gooner
Location: Lokomotiv Plovdiv in the Channel 5 Thursday night cup

Post by Leyton Gooner »

Great another quality player for Wanker to kill the career of. Or if he does well despite Wanker, sell to the Manc scum in two years.

Kingralph

Post by Kingralph »

Redarmy wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:47 pm
Henry Norris 1913 wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:18 pm
It's a bit like we've got a massive leak in our kitchen and instead of fixing the broken pipe we're getting our roof reclad :?

Having said that, he is a proper fucking striker. Hopefully he'll be prepared for dealing with incompetent play from all those around him :barscarf:
being reported by Ornstein that we are in for a CB before deadline....saw Manolas mentioned.......would be pleased with that
We’ve already got one ‘Greek lad’ though

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

g60gooner wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:38 am
What's the point?
My feelings exactly. Like most fans I used to live for transfers like this and can remember the genuine excitement on the days we signed DB10, Overmars, Sol etc. You knew we were a top team continuing to get better while the Spuds were signing the likes of Steffen Iversen and Steffan Freund and coached by a bunch of goons.

My exact words when excited work colleagues confirmed to me this deal today were "yeah, so what". I wish the lad all the best and hope he goes on to be a club legend.....but he'll be doing it in an era where the best he can hope for is a crack at the domestic cups and the Europa League because even he averages a goal a game we emerge from this window with the worst keeper in the PL as our Number 1, a right back who can't cross, a collection of flaky, cowardly centre halves, a collection of wooden planks in central midfield, and backup/support strikers who would struggle to cut it in the Championship.

Today's signing is the modern day equivalent of how Spurs would have been signing Thierry Henry for their 2001 team - still a shower of shit, but with one diamond up front

SydneyGooner

Post by SydneyGooner »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:58 pm
g60gooner wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:38 am
What's the point?
My feelings exactly. Like most fans I used to live for transfers like this and can remember the genuine excitement on the days we signed DB10, Overmars, Sol etc. You knew we were a top team continuing to get better while the Spuds were signing the likes of Steffen Iversen and Steffan Freund and coached by a bunch of goons.

My exact words when excited work colleagues confirmed to me this deal today were "yeah, so what". I wish the lad all the best and hope he goes on to be a club legend.....but he'll be doing it in an era where the best he can hope for is a crack at the domestic cups and the Europa League because even he averages a goal a game we emerge from this window with the worst keeper in the PL as our Number 1, a right back who can't cross, a collection of flaky, cowardly centre halves, a collection of wooden planks in central midfield, and backup/support strikers who would struggle to cut it in the Championship.

Today's signing is the modern day equivalent of how Spurs would have been signing Thierry Henry for their 2001 team - still a shower of shit, but with one diamond up front
Cheer up Steve. If this window is anything to go by then I honestly think the end is near for Wenger.

Eboue-Why?

Post by Eboue-Why? »

https://youtu.be/Y9Quk3A1KI0

I hope this becomes his song..Aubameyang do do do do do......

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

GranadaJoe wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:53 pm
I've just watched his 31 league goals from last season. Left foot, right foot, headers, a proper goalscorer.

The worrying bit is that half of them originated from superb wing play (dribbling and precision crossing, if watching us recently has made you think it's been outlawed), particularly from Dembele, and most of them from fast, flowing football.

I can't see him doing well with us if he has to stand around in the penalty area for ten minutes, surrounded by defenders, waiting for our tippy-tappy shit to finally make its way through the centre of the pitch.
Bang on the money. We have no wide players that can deliver consistent accurate crosses and our tippy tippy shit could suck the pace out of a coked-up Cheetah.... :roll:

supergeorgegraham

Post by supergeorgegraham »

Instead of 3v1 we will now lose away games 3v2.

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

Cup tied for the Europa as Dortmund have dropped in and it's possible we may draw them at some point..Great player available for the dead rubbers in the league and the cup final :barscarf:

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

Apparently he might not be available to face Everton because he's getting over a bug.

Now did he catch this bug from Ozil OR did he catch it while watching the Swansea game :lol:

The old Swansealitus bug :barscarf:

Sean

Post by Sean »

Welcome, Pierre :barscarf:

I wonder which one of Aubameyang or Lacazette will take turns on the wing, as we pass around the opposition penalty area before being caught on the break? :rubchin:

beck

Post by beck »

falkirk goon wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:31 pm
Cup tied for the Europa as Dortmund have dropped in and it's possible we may draw them at some point..Great player available for the dead rubbers in the league and the cup final :barscarf:
4 year contract will take in the next 4 premier leagues
The next 4 champions leagues
This Europa league
This and the next 4 league cups
Even toad of toad hall could see the point in that

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

beck wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:17 pm
falkirk goon wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:31 pm
4 year contract will take in the next 4 premier leagues
The next 4 champions leagues
This Europa league
This and the next 4 league cups
Even toad of toad hall could see the point in that
Thanks for that - needed a laugh. Confident of our wonder boys winning the Europa League or overhauling the Mickeys and Spuds then