Scum|Away|PL|10th Feb|12:30

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Redarmy

Re: Scum|Away|PL|10th Feb|12:30

Post by Redarmy »

Iwobi....what does he bring to the team?....for the life of me just cannot see what he adds
He would struggle in the championship
Constantly calling for the ball, and when he receives it immediately misplaces his pass, i counted 4 on the trot at one stage

As for the game tight first half....what the fuck happened at half time, the defence was non existent Kane getting free headers, of which he should have put them 2 up

Several tight offside calls, particularly the Wltshire pass...was it not supposed to give advantage to the striker if level?

Also no way were they back full distance for Ozils free kick, that said we did not really deserve a point ....sign a CB and a DM please Wenger

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

northbank123 wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:32 pm
nut flush gooner wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:28 pm
Only player that showed any passion today was Jack. He should have lamped that greasy *word censored* Lamela.

What exactly does Iwobi add to our team as a second half sub, fuck all. Laca clearly looks like he doesn't want to be at Arsenal. Never seen such a miserable looking player.
How good was that when surrounded by Spurs players in a nothing position and somehow slotted Welbeck through - only for him to miscontrol it.

Bellerin was typically wasteful and shirked headers but he kept showing for the ball all game.
what do you expect of Wellbeck...he is no way good enough

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Our squad is shit, I mean proper shit, apart from 4 or 5 players, managed (and I use that term very lightly) by the most incompetent ‘manager’ in the PL, seriously, what do people expect? Get used to it, it’s not changing anytime soon. Mid table beckons.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

When City beat Leicester we'll be 27 points off the leaders, and 25 ahead of the bottom team

Be careful what you wish for...

GTG

Post by GTG »

Difficult to argue against the form of Lacazette at the moment... He's shot to pieces but what annoys me with some on here is that they forget at the beginning of the season he was very promising. Scoring goals and really putting a shift in.

A few months of being here and he's totally shot. We've all said you could put Maldini in the defence and the issues would still be there... The same is starting to happen at the top end.

On another note.... As this squad stands there are no wide players in this squad except our fullbacks..... It's impossible to play a back 4 because if we do then our best two central attacking midfielders have to go out wide as we saw today and both were utterly useless.

Bob Bayliss

Post by Bob Bayliss »

You do shudder to think what the man with the inverted midas touch will do to Aubamayang when he's had him for half a season. He was stuck out on the left wing at the end of the match today.....a taste of things to come no doubt.

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

Right...

To start with, we set up wrong. Why on earth two attacking midfielders were playing as wingers is beyond me. Mkhitaryan is NOT a winger. He had a shocker today, I don't believe he is ''shit'' or that the ''real Mkhitaryan'' is showing today because we all know that he is capable of better performances. Let's show the guy some respect, he got three assists last week. He had a fucking nightmare but let's not be too fickle. He isn't a winger. Ozil, again not a winger but is technically similar to a winger than what we currently have, and has played there for us countless times.

We should have set up the way we did against Everton. Mkhitaryan behind Aubameyang, Ozil out wide with, unfortunately, Iwobi on the other side. Iwobi offers nothing but he is the closest natural winger we have in the squad and, at the very least, caused the Spurs defence a bit of trouble with pace and draw them out of positions.

We essentially played like Stoke, with ten behind the ball and looking to play on the counter. The set up was all wrong as we allowed them to play the game they wanted to with an aim of just trying to compact them. We didn't play football, we didn't play our game and ultimately we essentially beat ourselves by playing the way we did.

A lot of our issues, other than the lack of coaching and defence, stem from the fact we lack a link between the defence and the attack. None of our midfielders have the ability to connect the back and the front together, especially through the middle of the park. Wilshere isn't that type of midfielder, Xhaxa doesn't know what type footballer he is and El Neney is a defensive midfielder. Ramsey, when he plays, is Mr Sideways and doesn't offer that link-up play either. 95% of our attacking threat comes from the wing play and we seem to fail to dominate centrally. Until we remedy the lack of link-up play between the back and the front then we will struggle to get the very best out of Aubameyang and Lacazette. Our current system doesn't play to their strengths, they play to Giroud's strengths. It's no good having technical forwards and, in Aumbameyang's case, an extremely pacy forward if we're going to continue to play as if Giroud is up front.

Bellerin was our best player today, followed by Wilshere. Those two can hold their heads up today. Aubameyang wasn't given a chance at all (he wasn't offside) but I don't doubt that if he was given the chances Lacazette had then we would have come away with a point. Aubameyang scores one of the two chances Lacazette got. No doubt.

Koscielny needs to go now. He's not interested, he's not got the legs anymore and it's time to let him go. Mustafi's energy is fine but the man is like Bambi on ice for the most part and he is always giving away clumsy freekicks which put us in danger. Let's also not forget that his defensive qualities are lacking. Two new CB's are a requirement for the summer. Not one, TWO. Cech's coco the bloody clown act he does with Mustafi has to stop. I sincerly hope this is Cech's last ever season as our number one.

Now, Lacazette. A striker I rate as a potentially deadly forward. What the actual fuck? A £50m striker HAS to score the chances he had today. A £50m striker HAS to put in more effort than he does. A £50m forward CANNOT stand in an offside position to fix his socks in a big game. The potential is there but his attitude is non-existent. This is his BIG chance and he is blowing it. What was it? Nine games without a goal before he scored at Palace? Hasn't scored since? Not good enough. I understand he is suffering from a lack of confidence but you need to show hunger and fight to win your place back. Considering it's a World Cup year.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

He’s a 50 million quid striker coining in an absolute fortune in wages. He doesn’t get to be ‘shot’ and completely implode at the first sign of a difficult patch.

Forget him missing two golden chances. He came on today and rather than looking like a bloke desperate to prove a point, he spent most of his time on the pitch standing offside and generally not looking arsed.

We could have signed him at any point over the last several years and the reason we did last summer isn’t because he made great strides last year, it’s because Wenger was desperate. Should have left him knocking about in that shit league.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

The *word censored* is still delusional and a bare faced LIAR! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43017606

GTG

Post by GTG »

Still doesn't look like a man under pressure though does he?

He should be fucking seething like the rest of us but he didn't fucking look like it.

markyp

Post by markyp »

GTG wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:07 pm
Difficult to argue against the form of Lacazette at the moment... He's shot to pieces but what annoys me with some on here is that they forget at the beginning of the season he was very promising. Scoring goals and really putting a shift in.

A few months of being here and he's totally shot. We've all said you could put Maldini in the defence and the issues would still be there... The same is starting to happen at the top end.

On another note.... As this squad stands there are no wide players in this squad except our fullbacks..... It's impossible to play a back 4 because if we do then our best two central attacking midfielders have to go out wide as we saw today and both were utterly useless.
you must have been watching a different lacazette to me then,he was ok to start with but very static at the best of times,now he is just plain shit,he was never ever good enough and its been proven

RobG

Post by RobG »

Wilson wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:43 pm
He wont ever manage in the champions league again. Its over for him. But no one will acknowledge it.

Ask Martin Keown if Wenger will mange in the CL again, and Marty will say 'absolutely he will'.

What is it with some fans and former players being in such a deep state of denial?

Gave up on Keown long ago. He's even worse than Bob Wilson, for Wenger adoring, myopia. Truly sad that he can't/won't see it. :oops: :?

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Arsenal Till I Die wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:26 pm
Right...

To start with, we set up wrong. Why on earth two attacking midfielders were playing as wingers is beyond me. Mkhitaryan is NOT a winger. He had a shocker today, I don't believe he is ''shit'' or that the ''real Mkhitaryan'' is showing today because we all know that he is capable of better performances. Let's show the guy some respect, he got three assists last week. He had a fucking nightmare but let's not be too fickle. He isn't a winger. Ozil, again not a winger but is technically similar to a winger than what we currently have, and has played there for us countless times.

We should have set up the way we did against Everton. Mkhitaryan behind Aubameyang, Ozil out wide with, unfortunately, Iwobi on the other side. Iwobi offers nothing but he is the closest natural winger we have in the squad and, at the very least, caused the Spurs defence a bit of trouble with pace and draw them out of positions.

We essentially played like Stoke, with ten behind the ball and looking to play on the counter. The set up was all wrong as we allowed them to play the game they wanted to with an aim of just trying to compact them. We didn't play football, we didn't play our game and ultimately we essentially beat ourselves by playing the way we did.

A lot of our issues, other than the lack of coaching and defence, stem from the fact we lack a link between the defence and the attack. None of our midfielders have the ability to connect the back and the front together, especially through the middle of the park. Wilshere isn't that type of midfielder, Xhaxa doesn't know what type footballer he is and El Neney is a defensive midfielder. Ramsey, when he plays, is Mr Sideways and doesn't offer that link-up play either. 95% of our attacking threat comes from the wing play and we seem to fail to dominate centrally. Until we remedy the lack of link-up play between the back and the front then we will struggle to get the very best out of Aubameyang and Lacazette. Our current system doesn't play to their strengths, they play to Giroud's strengths. It's no good having technical forwards and, in Aumbameyang's case, an extremely pacy forward if we're going to continue to play as if Giroud is up front.

Bellerin was our best player today, followed by Wilshere. Those two can hold their heads up today. Aubameyang wasn't given a chance at all (he wasn't offside) but I don't doubt that if he was given the chances Lacazette had then we would have come away with a point. Aubameyang scores one of the two chances Lacazette got. No doubt.

Koscielny needs to go now. He's not interested, he's not got the legs anymore and it's time to let him go. Mustafi's energy is fine but the man is like Bambi on ice for the most part and he is always giving away clumsy freekicks which put us in danger. Let's also not forget that his defensive qualities are lacking. Two new CB's are a requirement for the summer. Not one, TWO. Cech's coco the bloody clown act he does with Mustafi has to stop. I sincerly hope this is Cech's last ever season as our number one.

Now, Lacazette. A striker I rate as a potentially deadly forward. What the actual fuck? A £50m striker HAS to score the chances he had today. A £50m striker HAS to put in more effort than he does. A £50m forward CANNOT stand in an offside position to fix his socks in a big game. The potential is there but his attitude is non-existent. This is his BIG chance and he is blowing it. What was it? Nine games without a goal before he scored at Palace? Hasn't scored since? Not good enough. I understand he is suffering from a lack of confidence but you need to show hunger and fight to win your place back. Considering it's a World Cup year.
agree with most of above but this comment.on Iwobi is ridiculous.."at the very least, caused the Spurs defence a bit of trouble with pace and draw them out of positions"

Can you explain what the fuck this headless chicken actually brings to the team?...runs around like he has a dildo up his arse, hes totally panic striken when he gets the ball and inevitably gives it away......generally hate player stats but would like to see how many lost possessions and mis placed passes this piece of shite (with a bad attitude to boot) has actually incurred

He is total fucking shite.....cant tackle, shit passer, very limited goal return....what does he fucking do???

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

markyp wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:26 pm
GTG wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:07 pm

you must have been watching a different lacazette to me then,he was ok to start with but very static at the best of times,now he is just plain shit,he was never ever good enough and its been proven
He's done the same thing as the other shit French or French league players Wanker has bought, in that he's started off ok, scored a few goals against poor teams in the early season and then gone to shit by November. He's nothing more than a Chamakh or Gervinho. It's typical Wanker though, doing the same shit again and again and thinking that he knows best. No *word censored* was in for Lacazette over the last two years, nobody wanted him because he's an average player who looked decent in a fucking shit league. He's out of his depth in England and is probably more suited to second tier teams in decent leagues.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Wenger the master of spin at it again....talking about Kane..he was the difference apparently :rubchin:

"They were up against a super striker who is one of the best in the world"

wait a fucking minute, he had a series of free headers, and should have scored more...our defence was all over the shop.....