Scum|Away|PL|10th Feb|12:30

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Rosie_titters

Re: Scum|Away|PL|10th Feb|12:30

Post by Rosie_titters »

Its got to the stage with me, where i don't give two shits if we win, lose or draw. A few seasons ago i would of been pissed off and not spoken to anyone for days. But i saw we got beat 1-0 and thought so what. Until Wenger goes nothing for me will ever change.

I see it pointless banging the same ole drum about Cech is past it, Xhaka, Iwobi and Elneny are shit.. We have been saying this season after season. Only difference is we can't blame Ox, Walcott, Giroud anymore either. We have had world class players here but they have been surrounded to often with shit.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Rosie_titters wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:51 pm
Its got to the stage with me, where i don't give two shits if we win, lose or draw. A few seasons ago i would of been pissed off and not spoken to anyone for days. But i saw we got beat 1-0 and thought so what. Until Wenger goes nothing for me will ever change.

I see it pointless banging the same ole drum about Cech is past it, Xhaka, Iwobi and Elneny are shit.. We have been saying this season after season. Only difference is we can't blame Ox, Walcott, Giroud anymore either. We have had world class players here but they have been surrounded to often with shit.
Think you sum up the mood of the many mate - there's a time when defeat against these c.unts would have seen us into 40 pages of comments and bickering between the AKBs and the WOBs. Nowadays there's just reluctant acceptance of our fate, and the knowledge that once the same thing has happened dozens of time there will never be any consequence of failure, and certainly no change for the better. I was angry for an hour or so after the match but it just doesn't hit me the way it once did

NickF

Post by NickF »

Arsenal Till I Die wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:26 pm
Right...

To start with, we set up wrong. Why on earth two attacking midfielders were playing as wingers is beyond me. Mkhitaryan is NOT a winger. He had a shocker today, I don't believe he is ''shit'' or that the ''real Mkhitaryan'' is showing today because we all know that he is capable of better performances. Let's show the guy some respect, he got three assists last week.
This is the problem with social media, you are judged on your last performance. Getting 3 assists against a shit side does not make you a world class player similarly a poor game against the scum does not make you shit. There is no balance these days.

Leyton Gooner
Location: Lokomotiv Plovdiv in the Channel 5 Thursday night cup

Post by Leyton Gooner »

Beating that lot is the biggest enjoyment I get from Arsenal these days. Yet losing to them doesn't hurt as much as it used to (the missus threw me out for a night after that "2-0 and we fucked it up" match at the bowl, I was that pissed off :lol: ) Now every defeat, even to them, just blends in with the rest of the shite.

begeegs

Post by begeegs »

markyp wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:32 pm
there are way too many knee jerk reactions to defeat,lets get this straight,they aren't all bad players,we aren't that short of being decent,personally we are in dire need of a DM,Xhaka is shit you cant escape that,iwobi is shit granted,eleneny is a plodder,cech is past it,after that a decent manager would get the rest of them organised and challenging for the honours,i firmly believe that,you cant just say we are 10 players short,thats nonsense,its no co- incidence that Gabriel was a decent player before he joined us and is now an integral part of valencias defence,that speaks volumes for how bad wengers coaching is,Squallachi (yes total pony) said it was a nightmare playing in defence for Arsenal because the midfield gave you zero preotection,even that complete tool keown said at half time that he couldn't play in that back line it would drive him up the wall.incidently our record this season without another of the crowd favourites (note the sarcasm) Mr tricks and flicks Hollywood Ramsey is awful,we are a better team with him in it
Agree with this 100%. Wenger is a terrible coach who is so outdated now that players under his guidance regress or stagnate. When players have specific roles and the team knows what they are doing with instruction, then the sum is greater than the parts. There is no reliance on individual brilliance nor problems with with individual errors as often as we see with Wenger coached teams.

I wasn't surprised to see Gabriel doing well. He is in a well coached team and away from a team reliant upon recovery speed because players aren't caught out of position like they are here.

This team is chock full of good players. They just aren't coached with or without the ball.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

I notice Flipflop Piers has tweeted about how Miki-tarry-an has said how much more friendly Wenger is compared to the 'very hard' Maureen. Funny that - who would have thought Arsene liked a nice cosy environment full of little wallflowers who all want to be nice to each other

markyp

Post by markyp »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:18 pm
I notice Flipflop Piers has tweeted about how Miki-tarry-an has said how much more friendly Wenger is compared to the 'very hard' Maureen. Funny that - who would have thought Arsene liked a nice cosy environment full of little wallflowers who all want to be nice to each other
Arsenes just put them all to bed with a hot milk and told them not to worry about those horrible men who bullied them today and to help them forget about it he is taking them all to the zoo tomorrow followed by burgers and ice cream on the way home :shock:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

From twatter -

Arsenal have won none of their last 16 away against the other teams in this season's top six - Lost 10 drawn 6.

They have lost seven of the last eight.

PEAK BANTER ERA :barscarf:

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

Beyond being angry or upset anymore, I have resigned myself to the fact that we will be crap until Wenger goes and even then we will probably still be only a borderline top 4 or 5 club at best.

I am not sure whether to admire those who still hold enough interest to go to games, or condemn them for being part of the reason that the club is stuck in this horrible stasis of mediocrity which looks set firm for decades.

Talking about individuals, whether they be players (Iwobi, Xhaka, Lacazette or whoever) or managers just seems futile in the face of what we now are - merely an investment to make money, a mid-level corporation that is a safe investment for steady returns.

We are the worst possible reflection of "modern football" - stale, boring, sterile, unambitious, corporate, business focused.

Boring boring Arsenal has never been more true..

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

begeegs wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:04 pm
markyp wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:32 pm
there are way too many knee jerk reactions to defeat,lets get this straight,they aren't all bad players,we aren't that short of being decent,personally we are in dire need of a DM,Xhaka is shit you cant escape that,iwobi is shit granted,eleneny is a plodder,cech is past it,after that a decent manager would get the rest of them organised and challenging for the honours,i firmly believe that,you cant just say we are 10 players short,thats nonsense,its no co- incidence that Gabriel was a decent player before he joined us and is now an integral part of valencias defence,that speaks volumes for how bad wengers coaching is,Squallachi (yes total pony) said it was a nightmare playing in defence for Arsenal because the midfield gave you zero preotection,even that complete tool keown said at half time that he couldn't play in that back line it would drive him up the wall.incidently our record this season without another of the crowd favourites (note the sarcasm) Mr tricks and flicks Hollywood Ramsey is awful,we are a better team with him in it
Agree with this 100%. Wenger is a terrible coach who is so outdated now that players under his guidance regress or stagnate. When players have specific roles and the team knows what they are doing with instruction, then the sum is greater than the parts. There is no reliance on individual brilliance nor problems with with individual errors as often as we see with Wenger coached teams.

I wasn't surprised to see Gabriel doing well. He is in a well coached team and away from a team reliant upon recovery speed because players aren't caught out of position like they are here.

This team is chock full of good players. They just aren't coached with or without the ball.
Well I'm pretty fucked up now after a few bottles of wine but keown said he was our best out and out and out defender before he was sold

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

sk-gtfo wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:49 pm
Beyond being angry or upset anymore, I have resigned myself to the fact that we will be crap until Wenger goes and even then we will probably still be only a borderline top 4 or 5 club at best.

I am not sure whether to admire those who still hold enough interest to go to games, or condemn them for being part of the reason that the club is stuck in this horrible stasis of mediocrity which looks set firm for decades.

Talking about individuals, whether they be players (Iwobi, Xhaka, Lacazette or whoever) or managers just seems futile in the face of what we now are - merely an investment to make money, a mid-level corporation that is a safe investment for steady returns.

We are the worst possible reflection of "modern football" - stale, boring, sterile, unambitious, corporate, business focused.

Boring boring Arsenal has never been more true..
Good post

GTG

Post by GTG »

NickF wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:40 pm
RobG wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:55 pm
I know Lacazette missed those chances and Miktyryan, struggled and Xaxha is far from everybody's cup of tea. But I really feel that they are decent players, who could show far better under a different Manager - and when coached better.
Mate people have saying this for years. But the common denominator never changed. There was a fucking protest last week yet because we signed Aubameyang no one bothered.
Fucking exactly but apparently because we were fucking active for once in the window (even though we actually just replaced those who left) it was idiotic to try and protest..... Like as if the horror shows this season haven't happened and we don't have relegation away form.
Just another excuse to sit back and do fuck all.

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

Usually games like this get me hyped, and i am a nervous wreck for the 90 minutes, but it wasn't like that at all today. Our 'tactics' were beyond laughable, and pretty much relied on whichever Spurs player was crossing it, not getting the cross right, but once they did, koscielny and Mustafi looked like pub league players. Wanker again planned with only plan A, and once we went behind, he didn't have a clue how to switch things, and instead decided to move Aubameyang out to the wing, and to bring in the incompetent trio of Welbeck, Iwobi and Lacazette :banghead:
Overall we were shit, but i expect nothing less from wanker and his group of bottle jobs. On one hand you can be angry about today, or you can face the reality that the club gave up completely, when they were willing to give wanker a new deal.

augie

Post by augie »

BFG4 wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:19 pm
Usually games like this get me hyped, and i am a nervous wreck for the 90 minutes, but it wasn't like that at all today. Our 'tactics' were beyond laughable, and pretty much relied on whichever Spurs player was crossing it, not getting the cross right, but once they did, koscielny and Mustafi looked like pub league players. Wanker again planned with only plan A, and once we went behind, he didn't have a clue how to switch things, and instead decided to move Aubameyang out to the wing, and to bring in the incompetent trio of Welbeck, Iwobi and Lacazette :banghead:
Overall we were shit, but i expect nothing less from wanker and his group of bottle jobs. On one hand you can be angry about today, or you can face the reality that the club gave up completely, when they were willing to give wanker a new deal.

I havent seen any of the game yet (my eldest lad had a game at same time) and I'm not sure if I will watch any of it either unless I know for sure that the players and manager are gonna be torn apart by whatever pundits are dissecting the game.

One of the major worrying thoughts that I have been trying to ignore since the transfer window closed, was the notion that wenker would start playing boomerang out on the wing, and from what I am reading it appears to have happened today :roll: Why in the name of jesus h christ, would you buy one of the best strikers in europe, and then push him out on the wing ?? :evil: If you feel the need to bring on another striker, then go two up front instead of bolloxing about putting players in unfamiliar positions just to keep a failing system :roll: Wenker's tactical acumen has always been shit but it is beyond embarrassing now, and I am shocked that the pundits havent torn him apart over his "lets throw all the strikers on the pitch at the one time" strategy that is frequently on display these days :oops: :oops:

The highlighted line sums it all up for most of us though :cry: :cry: :banghead: :banghead: :censored:

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

BFG4 wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:19 pm
Exactly, I think for a lot of us now it has got to the point of "meh", it just doesn't warrant an emotive response anymore, I have no idea how anyone can be arsed with bothering to even turn up now, until something major changes. I will be interested to see how fast those season tickets are renewed this time around.

:roll: